MERRY CHRISTMAS

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 24, 15 8:11 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Since today and tomorrow will be filled with family, sending my best wishes now...

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:MERRY CHRISTMAS

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Dec 24, 15 8:22 AM
Still hangin' in here in MI, stalkin' the forum today Miss you my friends. May not be able to attend my family celebrations, a little to under the weather. Hope all are well here. Merry Christmas and all the best for a Happy New Year

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Dec 24, 15 10:23 AM
Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate at this time of year) to everyone.

pdennis -- so sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 24, 15 10:36 AM
Merry Christmas everybody, from the high mountains of Northern California! Thanks for entertaining me, for the past month. Looking forward to more entertainment next year

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Dec 24, 15 11:02 AM
lilyr wrote:Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate at this time of year) to everyone.

pdennis -- so sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Thank you Lily Bad stomach bug. I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon. I'm bummed I'll be missing the awesome Christmas food(and my family, of course ) Ginger ale and chicken soup for me. Oh well, always next year Hope you have blessed holidays.

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Dec 24, 15 1:06 PM
Merry Christmas from the frigid North Pole. . . er. . I mean.. . .from Saskatchewan Canada. I bet we are colder here THAN the North Pole. GOD bless you all, now and in the new year.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 24, 15 3:14 PM
Believe it or not, a few weeks back, my town was the coldest in North America. And I'm in California. I think the fact that we are 4,370 up, might have had something to do with that.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 24, 15 4:33 PM
A most Merry Christmas for all my forum friends! My whole brood is here along with it looks like the whole of all the neighbors. We are having a wonderful shindig as really in the Latin countries we celebrate Noche Buena. My sons have been since early this morning cooking a hog on the spit. Don't know why they call it a spit as really to hot for any moisture to hold. Anyhoo, the rum had been flowing since then and I even had a rum tonic earlier with a twist of lime. Did me good. They got the music going and good lord the drums are calling.
The missus and my fancy daughter barred me from the kitchen earlier today as If I was going to go in there anyway. Must have been 10 women in there all talking at once and cooking some actual specialties from Puerto Rico. Something called pasteles which I have enjoyed. Sort of like a tamale but made with green banana meal they grate. Delicious and and its a Christmas treat.
Well I gave them a break and took the all the kids on a search for a new baby cow just born yesterday. Even the girlie girl granddaughter had a good time, although she said the pen smelled earthy. City Slickers!
Well just came on to wish you all the best of Christmas as after all family is what its all about. Even those that don't think they have family , we are a family here and god bless you all. We have each others backs.
Off I go tank and all , girls Im gonna teach these kids how to do the cabbage patch!
Maybe even the Electric Slide....LOL ! Lets hope we don;t have to call 911 for the old man!
and to ALL A GOODNIGHT!

Edited to add: Lord a mercy, they beat me at the Electric Slide! They got some new mojo called Reggetton and Bachata. Lord and sweet Jesus, got more going on with that I did when I could. Church ladies were a mess about it. Told them they are a mess anyway and let them youngsters be. Old fuddyduddies forget they were young once. Let em be young for lords sake for life beats em down. I think I am going for another Rum and tonic. Christmas Eve only come once a year, might as well live it up ladies! Food is fabulous..Best thing is no Reverend Burke in the morning!

Edited on 12/24/2015 at 6:01:45 PM PST

lestrad
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by lestrad on Dec 24, 15 6:01 PM
Happy Holidays from downstate New York where today's temps hit the 70's. Santa hats and flip flops!

Dulcie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Dulcie on Dec 24, 15 6:50 PM
Merry Christmas everyone from Sunny San Diego. Be safe, be nice and have a wonderful day.

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Dec 24, 15 6:58 PM
lestrad wrote:Happy Holidays from downstate New York where today's temps hit the 70's. Santa hats and flip flops!

I saw that on the news today, everyone in T-shirts and shorts. Not quite that warm here, but still no "SNOW!" (still doesn't bother me one bit!) but we did have a big thunder storm all day Wednesday. All the rivers around here are flooded over into the fields, don't want to see the temps dropping real soon or it will be a disaster this Spring.
Blue, having a hog on a spit sounds familiar, we did a hog in a pit when I was living in Hawaii. Dug a big hole in the sand near the ocean, filled it with charcoal got them real hot, then lined it with layers of clean palm leaves. Laid the hog (that was on a huge rack) on the leaves then topped it with more palm leaves. It took almost 8hrs to roast but it was worth the wait. It was so... juicy, tender, and nothing was left except the bones. I would love to go back and do it again.
Mele Kalikimaka!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 24, 15 7:39 PM
Warm Christmas greetings to all from Quebec where we have had unusually warm temperatures all December including a green 25th.

May the spirit of the season be with you, all my special forum friends.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Dec 24, 15 11:54 PM
Merry Christmas from a wet Wales, hope you all have a wonderful holliday, hope to be back on form in the new year.

EvaAlberta
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by EvaAlberta on Dec 25, 15 3:04 AM
Merry Christmas everybody from snowy Alberta, pdennis feel for you - am in the same boat (hope at least to see all family for little while today)
and all the best in New Year to you all.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 25, 15 4:27 AM
Merry Christmas to all....... Relieved that I don't live in North west England which is suffering the worst floods ever recorded. Not a happy Christmas there.

[Post New]by scutterbotch44 on Dec 25, 15 6:00 AM
Just love this forum and all here... Merry Christmas to all from warm (broke record yesterday - 80/81 degrees) Conway, South Carolina.
pdennis - sorry to hear you are not feeling well...Would wish to send you some of my homemade chicken soup as I always do for my 'under-the-weather' friends! Get well soon.
wulfruna - Glad that you are safe from flooding, have other game friends who are still safe there but closely watching storms and flooding.
Bluex - Always love to hear from you .. sounds like you are doing better ...good to hear from you anytime - Love, love, love your humour - Keep it up!!!

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Dec 25, 15 6:05 AM
EvaAlberta wrote:Merry Christmas everybody from snowy Alberta, pdennis feel for you - am in the same boat (hope at least to see all family for little while today)
and all the best in New Year to you all.

Thanks Eva. Hope you feel better soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 25, 15 8:54 AM
Merry Christmas from North Carolina. In the 70's here as well. I would much rather have cooler weather and a bit of snow but at least it isn't thunder showers.

[Post New]by krazyk1963 on Dec 25, 15 10:01 AM
Merry Christmas to all from the cool but sunny British Columbia Sunshine Coast. Hope everyone has a great day.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Dec 25, 15 2:53 PM
Merry Christmas, from North West Tasmania, where it is now Boxing Day and raining like crazy.

Yesterday was a nice hot day and we all ate outside in the garden.

Thoughts and prayers to the occupants of the 53 homes that were destroyed in the Victorian Bushfires on Christmas Day. They had a not so happy Christmas.

BondiGirl.

Go to: