Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 25, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/25/2015 at 5:22:40 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 25, 15 5:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here.

[Post New]by wildpenny32 on Dec 28, 15 12:47 AM
I just downloaded the game and I have an icon on my desktop but when I try to open the game it takes me to my bigfish page and an advertisement pops up and the game never opens, I close the ad and the game is listed and it says play again and I press it and the page closes.
win 7 home premium
service pack 1
processor Intel Pentium M processor 1500MHz 1.50 GHz
memory 1.25 GB
system type 32-bit

I installed directX and that made no difference, game still does not open

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Dec 30, 15 12:12 PM
Having a similar problem. I played the game and have 28 minutes left in the demo but the game disappeared and won't reopen. When I try to download it again, it says it is already downloaded but it still won't open.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 30, 15 4:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some issues opening the game. I recommend trying the steps in this help article to work on resolving the issue:

If the steps in that help article don't resolve the problem, you can contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting steps. Our Reps are happy to help, and have tools to get information on and report these sorts of issues.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Geir_Haukland on Dec 31, 15 3:57 PM
hi, i just got this game Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked , when i click on it, big fish game interface opens and nothing more, wont even start, i want my money back or have this game fixed, its not the first game that does this, how to fix this.

Have a good computer with very high specs and yet it wont open, it wont even start to download, and i also have all latest firmware, drivers etc installed, so it is still not working, was looking forward to this, but no game no joy, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Is this what i get for beeing long time member here? If so, i must say this is not what i wanted, so when are you going to fix this game. I want my money back or a new game ASAP.

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 4:00:57 PM PST

[Post New]by 96fisherman on Dec 31, 15 4:56 PM
I have gotten to the Apothecary, but am unable to collect the Hand Pump. One part is missing and I can not find it anywhere. There should be something to hold the bottom piece of the hand pump onto the pump itself but I can't find it or any reference to it in the Collector's Edition Guide. Please help. I am unable to finish my game.

[Post New]by AnXara on Jan 1, 16 3:38 AM
When in the asylum I enter the security room, I do get a magnifying glass at the tv screens, but it does not work. According to the walkthrough I should be able to do something with the screens. I'm stuck now.

I play the pc game on a windows 7 laptop.

[Post New]by Geir_Haukland on Jan 6, 16 1:20 PM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some issues opening the game. I recommend trying the steps in this help article to work on resolving the issue:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If the steps in that help article don't resolve the problem, you can contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> for further troubleshooting steps. Our Reps are happy to help, and have tools to get information on and report these sorts of issues.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Yeah, really, been doin that since i baught the game and yet it is still not working, thank you for taking my money and left me with a total useless game that dont work at all. Thank you very much.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 1:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues people are seeing in the game.

96fisherman, I checked the walkthrough for this game, and it looks it has some specific information about collecting the Hand Pump. You should be able to get the Pump by using the Pipe and Wrist Crusher. I've included a link to the walkthrough in case you want to take a look:

Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked Walkthrough

AnXara, I'm sorry that the screens in the security room aren't letting you interact with them. With issues like this, we recommend taking a look at our help articles to troubleshoot. The following help article has steps that can help in this sort of situation:

Geir_Haukland, I'm sorry to hear that those steps haven't fixed the issue in the game. When the help articles don't get problems resolved, we encourage reaching out to our Support Team. We don't have the tools in the forums to gather information on these types of issues, however our Reps can collect data and address problems like these in greater detail.

If anyone is experiencing issues after trying the steps in the help articles, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE for more information. Any one of our Reps will be happy to help.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

llucy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by llucy on Jan 17, 16 4:52 PM
This is a Tech Issue:
I have a PC with Windows
Game was playing fine no problem until I got to the Apothecary. Let me play the match game with the doors but will not let me go to the table.

Help please.

I am really disappointed that no one at Big Fish has bothered to either read or reply to my post. I have been a member for many years and I do not post here very often. I was enjoying this game until I came to this snag. I guess I will just remove the game but am not very happy about it. I do not know what makes you respond to some posts and not the others but I guess I will just have to deal with this.

Edited on 01/24/2016 at 7:02:06 AM PST

[Post New]by spockers on Feb 3, 16 4:49 PM
Chapter: The city, I've got the blank key and the solution to making the key. I am supposed to pull the handle and the screen does not show the handle. There is no way to progress.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Feb 29, 16 4:35 AM
I'm not able to proceed ...
Trying to rescue the victim in the bailiffs office:
last step of the super puzzle - you have to lighten some paths in the lower left corner i.o. to create groups - I can't click on the bottom lines, because the cursor will always change to "back to bailiffs office"
Tried to skip this part of the puzzle and clicked "skip" but now it's stuck there
Playing on PC, Windows 7

[Post New]by mygrammy93 on Mar 3, 16 3:00 PM
I have a problem with placing the copper engraving in gallows square. The game points to placement with the help button, but my curser can't find it. I have tried solutions in the help article and it doesn't work.

[Post New]by Crossfire_99 on Mar 11, 16 3:21 PM
Hello, Firstly, I just wanted to say that I love these puzzles. They are so engaging.

Sadly though, I've come accross a problem with one of the SUPER puzzles in the game.

Running ... Win 10 Home, on a i7 @ 4.00GH (64bit), with 16gb RAM.
Problem ... Ravenhearst Unlocked (standard version).
Bailiff's Office, FACE puzzle.
Screen Captures ... http://imgur.com/a/y2Vut

-------------
Am up to the 4th puzzle on the 3rd level for the FACE lock. Looks like I'm at the "last one of the four to do. Just after the ball speed drop puzzle. I've supplied the screen captures of the puzzle concerned. I've checked all posts in this forum and the "help" section for some clues.
-------------
I can't proceed. I've quit & restarted, but not "reloaded puzzle" or "restarted game from scratch" ... as I don't really want to redo all my work so far. Especially when I might hit this same problem again.
- I don't get the option to "skip this part" or "skip this puzzle"
- have tried ... Hint (says "I suppose I'd better move along)
--------------
I noted above that this problem was mentioned a couple of weeks ago by another person. Although I can click on the lines, but it doesn't do anything! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA ... Jan H

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 3:32:18 PM PST

[Post New]by owllady2250 on Mar 14, 16 11:52 AM
Crossfire_99 wrote:Hello, Firstly, I just wanted to say that I love these puzzles. They are so engaging.

Sadly though, I've come accross a problem with one of the SUPER puzzles in the game.

Running ... Win 10 Home, on a i7 @ 4.00GH (64bit), with 16gb RAM.
Screen Captures ... http://imgur.com/a/y2Vut

-------------
Am up to the 4th puzzle on the 3rd level for the FACE lock. Looks like I'm at the "last one of the four to do. Just after the ball speed drop puzzle. I've supplied the screen captures of the puzzle concerned. I've checked all posts in this forum and the "help" section for some clues.
-------------
I can't proceed. I've quit & restarted, but not "reloaded puzzle" or "restarted game from scratch" ... as I don't really want to redo all my work so far. Especially when I might hit this same problem again.
- I don't get the option to "skip this part" or "skip this puzzle"
- have tried ... Hint (says "I suppose I'd better move along)
--------------
I noted above that this problem was mentioned a couple of weeks ago by another person. Although I can click on the lines, but it doesn't do anything! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA ... Jan H

Having the SAME problem as Jan H.
Win 10 Home, on a i7 @ 4.00GH (64bit), with 32gb RAM.

Got partway through, couldn't get through one part of face puzzle and clicked on Skip. Now I can't do anything and every scene I go through says "I suppose I'd better move along". This game is now worthless and I don't know what I did wrong. However, since Jan and I have the same problem, I'm wondering if it's a glitch in this game!!!???
Please let me know what to do.

[Post New]by Brent_R on Mar 23, 16 12:56 AM
re Bailiffs office, face super puzzle. Got stuck doing the grid puzzle at bottom left of the super puzzle.

The "Info" button for this section showed no help text, just the "you can skip this puzzle" paragraph at the bottom.

Like others reported, when I tried to skip this puzzle, nothing really happens. The hint now just says "I suppose I'd better move along".

When I return to the super puzzle, I find that although I can still work the grid puzzle, the inventory bar obstructs the bottom row of the grid array - it can be seen if the Inventory bar auto-hides, but if you try to point to one of the bottom row grid lines, all you get is the cursor to leave the puzzle. ie It is impossible to point to and click the bottom lines, but the other (higher) lines are OK.

The game has performed faultlessly in all other respects up to this point.

Win 7, 64 bit, desktop PC. Intel i7-3960X 3.3GHz, LG IPS235 LED Monitor at recommended 1920x1080.

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 1:01:10 AM PST

[Post New]by Crossfire_99 on Mar 24, 16 11:41 AM
Well, I gave up. Restarted the game from scratch.

Got to the FACE super puzzle. Held gritted teeth, had fingers and toes crossed ...

BAH ! Same issue "again".

As with Brent, the puzzle's grid lines appear to have dropped and I can't access the bottom row, impossible to click it without leaving the puzzle.

/sigh

[Post New]by fishface77 on Jun 20, 16 8:07 AM
Toffifee wrote:I'm not able to proceed ...
Trying to rescue the victim in the bailiffs office:
last step of the super puzzle - you have to lighten some paths in the lower left corner i.o. to create groups - I can't click on the bottom lines, because the cursor will always change to "back to bailiffs office"
Tried to skip this part of the puzzle and clicked "skip" but now it's stuck there
Playing on PC, Windows 7

I am also having the same issue. How can I resolve this please

Kt2jdtsmom
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Kt2jdtsmom on Jul 22, 16 7:38 PM
So did the issue with the face puzzle ever get resolved? I just ran into the same issue and even created a new profile and started over, only to have the same issue...sigh.

Go to: