Experience Level not working!!

[Post New]by qccalr on Feb 19, 18 2:47 AM
I have been playing for 6 hr and my experience is still at 70 what is wrong i need help

1isalone
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by 1isalone on Feb 19, 18 11:41 AM
Yes, I was having the same issue but I rebooted my computer and the next time the airship showed up I was able to pack it. Not sure if a delay with server was the issue.

jEMSW wrote:In the past I have had the 'Invisible Airship' - which would appear if I clicked on the Airship Tower the ship appeared.

Tonight, the Airship is completely visible, but when I click on the Airship Tower, a window appears, as it does when the air ship is not present, says:
"For next shipment:" displays images for the Amber Box, the Scroll & the Lantern
the time it will arrive is in 03:43:37.

Perhaps someone else has had this issue???
Thanks

1isalone
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Experience Level not working!!

[Post New]by 1isalone on Feb 19, 18 11:43 AM
qccalr wrote:I have been playing for 6 hr and my experience is still at 70 what is wrong i need help

Experience increases as you finish character quests and daily quests. You are rewarded experience stars as well as So if you are only playing HOS and not completing quests then you will not increase experience.

1isalone

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Feb 19, 18 5:44 PM
1isalone wrote:Yes, I was having the same issue but I rebooted my computer and the next time the airship showed up I was able to pack it. Not sure if a delay with server was the issue.

jEMSW wrote:In the past I have had the 'Invisible Airship' - which would appear if I clicked on the Airship Tower the ship appeared.

Tonight, the Airship is completely visible, but when I click on the Airship Tower, a window appears, as it does when the air ship is not present, says:
"For next shipment:" displays images for the Amber Box, the Scroll & the Lantern
the time it will arrive is in 03:43:37.

Perhaps someone else has had this issue???
Thanks

Hope you're right. It's bad enough when the Airship is invisible, but this is more annoying, & again the only way of knowing if it 's happening is when you click on the Air Tower.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 20, 18 10:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate everyone's patience while waiting for a moderator response! I'm swimming over as quickly as I can to help.

jEMSW: I'd recommend restarting Midnight Castle first to see if, like 1isalone, the airship functions properly after the game is rebooted. If that doesn't fix the issue with the airship, please check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date and try running Midnight Castle in Administrator Mode. These help articles contain instructions for those respective processes:

Update video card driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

qccalr: As 1isalone said, players gain experience points by completing quests. If you've been completing quests but have received experience points in return, I'd recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be able to look more deeply into this matter.

HarryY: To respect the privacy of all parties involved, the Moderation Team doesn't discuss the status of tickets in the forums. I'd be happy to look into this matter for you and discuss it further via a PM.

Thank you again, everybody, for your understanding and patience. Please PM me or another moderator if you have any more questions, and we'll do everything we can to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by libbygibson on Feb 21, 18 10:47 PM

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 10:15:11 AM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 22, 18 10:24 AM
HarryY wrote:I would like to know WHY nobody from BFGs has bothered to reply to ANY of my emails about the problems I've encountered along the way or addressed the loss of coins, diamonds, and shards. Why doesn't someone help me???

If you put in a support ticket via the HELP click (top right of forum), you should get an *email within a day that feels like a form letter. REPLY to that email with your info again and soon you should be in contact with a person that can and will help.

It generally isn't a good idea to send new trouble tickets, because that loses your spot "in line".

*be sure to check your spam folder for that first email!

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by jonuweki on Feb 22, 18 8:03 PM

Edited on 02/23/2018 at 10:37:14 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 23, 18 10:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know the technical issues being experienced in the PC version of Midnight Castle. I just wanted to swim by real fast to thank everyone for helping one another out, and thank you susiewastaken for providing that clarification of our request system. It is true that sometimes an automated response can be sent to our players first, as a way to let them know the request was received and to provide some common troubleshooting steps or suggestions that may help.

If this message doesn't seem to assist, or if a player would like more personalized assistance, we recommend replying directly to that message. That will escalate the inquiry as well as notify our system that further assistance is necessary which also retains their place in queue. We thank our players for their patience while waiting on our Reps to get in touch.

I also wanted to thank everyone here for their understanding in regards to spam posts in the forums. Our team does their best to remove these as quickly as possible, and we apologize that they sometimes stay around longer than we would like. For more information on this persistent issue and our team's response to it, please see our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

Players who would like to try to troubleshoot technical issues in the PC version of Midnight Castle may be assisted by our Midnight Castle Help Pages. If those pages don't seem to assist, don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team, with your Friend Code if available and a description of what has occurred. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you all for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Game Rolled Back

[Post New]by MissyRob on Feb 27, 18 2:01 AM
Playing on an iPad.
After 4 days taking to complete sending 12 crates in the Castle Challenge and catching up on the 3 outstanding tasks - the game shut down.
When I restarted the game - it was had been reset to the beginning of the day
So annoying - it's not the first time this has happened.
(Doing this post as a reply as I cant see where to create a new Technical Issue.)

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 27, 18 4:37 PM
Hello MissyRob,

Welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry to hear that progress loss has been experienced. While our Midnight Castle Support Team won't be able to advance you through the Castle Challenges, they can definitely offer a small gift to apologize for this mishap. Please write them an email and be sure to include your Friend Code with it.

Thanks so much for your patience. Don't hesitate to send a PM to me or another moderator if further questions or concerns arise. We're glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Feb 28, 18 6:18 PM
I did the last wooden chest for CC and the HO's in 22min and several more HO's. Then went to other PC to gift. Went back to main game TOAD and it had not accepted and had to do over. What the ? Double the work plus stress. Why did that happen? This has happened before but not on such a large amount of items.
Do I get some time of credit? I play on PC at level 84. I start at Tavern and work my way through HO's in order.
Thank you for help.
TOAD/Otter/MOUSE
TOAD488631

Edited on 02/28/2018 at 7:16:01 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 1, 18 11:33 AM
Hello Knim,

I'm really sorry that progress for some of the Castle Challenges aren't saving. That's definitely frustrating. Let's see what we can do to prevent this from happening again.

Running a game as an administrator can help prevent progress loss. Please take a look at the help page below for further instruction.

Run as Administrator (Computer)

I'd also recommend checking to see if more than one antivirus program is running. Instead of providing double security, running two antivirus programs might actually lessen your security. One program may do something that the other sees as virus-like activity, or vice versa. Of course, neither one is a virus, but their activities could be misinterpreted.

If progress loss continues after following these steps, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. Additionally, although they cannot restore the lost Castle Challenge progress, our Support Team can credit a gift to your game as a token of our apology. Please include the game's Friend Code in your email to them.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 2, 18 4:53 AM
Last night I worked 4 hours of Birth of Goo. I closed and opened the game multiple times during that time which SHOULD have saved game progress. This morning I opened my game expecting to finish Birth of Goo and instead I have Another Potion. The game didn't offer me another daily prize and had recorded my 3 gifts to friends. Another Potion happens to be the DQ that I received as my last one of the previous game day.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 2, 18 12:48 PM
Hello mdpetdoc,

I'm sorry to hear that the Daily Quest progress didn't save properly. Running Midnight Castle in Administrator Mode (if that's not already being done) will help prevent this from happening again.

Our Midnight Castle Support Team isn't able to restore Daily Quest progress. But, if you send them an email and include your game's Friend Code, they'll be able to credit your game with a gift as an apology. I'd also recommend reaching out to them if Midnight Castle doesn't save properly again.

Thanks for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any new questions arise. We're happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Sparky1011 on Mar 5, 18 6:32 AM
My Laptop gave up the ghost while I was on level 43. I went to down load on my desktop and it started me from the beginning. How do i get my laptop game and level back on my desktop??

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 5, 18 6:48 AM
Sparky1011 wrote:My Laptop gave up the ghost while I was on level 43. I went to down load on my desktop and it started me from the beginning. How do i get my laptop game and level back on my desktop??

You can contact customer support. Tell them the player id number from your laptop game and the player id number from your computer game. Then they would be able to transfer your Laptop game progress to your computer player id, but they will not be able to transfer your friends.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 6:50:31 AM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 5, 18 6:54 AM
I just received a gift from someone who isn't on my friend list and is on level 1.
Is there reason to be concerned?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 6, 18 11:28 AM
Hi Sparky1011 and c0c0_nuts,

Thanks for your patience while awaiting a reply. Looks like we have a couple of questions here, so I'll just dive right in!

Sparky1011: It sounds like you've started playing the game on a new computer. As c0c0_nuts mentioned, the best course here is to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. When filling out the contact form, please include the Friend Code for the laptop game and the one that's showing up on the new computer. One of our reps will do everything they can do to assist with this as soon as possible.

c0c0_nuts: I wouldn't be concerned about the safety of your account in any way, though I would recommend also contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a screenshot of the occurrence, if possible. That way we can better take a look at what's happening and possibly offer more information about why it occurred.

I hope this information helps out in some way. Happy gaming, all!

bfgArinelle

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Mar 7, 18 5:31 PM
Playing on Pc windows 10 64. ID 557579 and Level 59. Since last night whenever I feed my pets the only inventory item returned is "Drop of Thirst". I did need this item to fulfill a character quest, but I am getting 4 and 5 of this item with each feeding. Any suggestions?

Go to: