Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Game can lock up at end of scene

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 14, 09 3:11 AM
There is a problem under certain circumstances when the puzzle is finished but the game doesn't progress.

I noticed someone had this with the number plates, and I've just had this with the ornate box / beans in case 3. The box is still showing as an item, hints don't work, and the timer still counts down. Progress at this point is probably impossible until the timer runs out.

BFG CS, here we come.

ETA - don't leave the puzzle to last, if you can help it. I had to restart the chapter to get past this. Ticket raised.

Edited on 11/14/2009 at 4:35:44 AM PST

Caro4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Game can lock up at end of scene

[Post New]by Caro4 on Nov 14, 09 7:48 AM
Mr. Russ - did your game unlock after your timer ran down. My game has locked up after I successfuly sorted the jewlry in the first book. I initially played in relaxed mode, but after the game locked I went to options and changed it to a timed game. I am also waiting for the timer to run down to see if this works; or, do I have to restart the game from scratch.

I want to say hey to all the fishes in the pond. I am not new to or to the forums. I have been a member for two years and have enjoyed the excellent advise and suggestions given here.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 14, 09 8:03 AM
Since you're only on chapter 1, you will have to start the game from scratch, yes.

Are you playing demo or full? Sorting the jewelry is the end of the demo.

Caro4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Caro4 on Nov 14, 09 9:52 AM
Thank you for your promp reply. Now I know. I let the clock run down and game still stu ck. I am playing full after having played the demo. I have already started over but deleting diaglog. It's still a looong chapter.

tjgillis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tjgillis on Nov 14, 09 3:32 PM
This is so maddening as the game is about to disclose who did it and how and it locks up. This has happened at the end of three cases. After I reboot and hit escape dialogue, it takes me to the beginning of the next case.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Nov 14, 09 6:44 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:Since you're only on chapter 1, you will have to start the game from scratch, yes.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Nov 14, 09 6:46 PM
Mr.Russ - can you help me with In A Garden to Die For.....I have played the mini game on footprints 3 times and it still says I have one to locate. Hint button won't budge. If I start over with a new name will it take me to Book 1 again? Am new to this so appreciate your help!

Glasscats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Glasscats on Nov 14, 09 8:23 PM
It's locked up on me twice now, after sorting the jewelry. I have the full version. The first time it locked up, I thought I'd done something wrong, so started over again. Same thing. It just sits there. ?????

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 14, 09 11:33 PM
i played for 5 minutes and game has frozen after collecting clams, seems to be a few problems with this game.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Nov 15, 09 12:05 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Since you're only on chapter 1, you will have to start the game from scratch, yes.

Just a note - I was way past jewellery when my demo ended. I was almost at the end of book 1 sorting the ships on the radar thing.

I have had this problem a couple of times and am getting frustrated.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Game can lock up at end of scene

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 15, 09 1:00 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:There is a problem under certain circumstances when the puzzle is finished but the game doesn't progress.

I noticed someone had this with the number plates, and I've just had this with the ornate box / beans in case 3. The box is still showing as an item, hints don't work, and the timer still counts down. Progress at this point is probably impossible until the timer runs out.

BFG CS, here we come.

ETA - don't leave the puzzle to last, if you can help it. I had to restart the chapter to get past this. Ticket raised.

I have had this at chapter one twice now. I'm not playing through it a third time. There are plenty of people having the same problems with this game, it is obviously a broken game. I've never had a problem with a BF game before (and I have hundreds!) It'll be interesting to see what 'Best customer service, guaranteed' does about it. I've given up on the game for now, shame nobody tested it first.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 15, 09 2:29 AM
To all those with problems, please let BFG customer service know. They will be able to help better than I can. Click on the green envelope, then click on Contact Us. They are excellent.

Thanks for the update, bertiepuppy. I was wondering about that. The demo must lock up as well then.

Edited on 11/15/2009 at 2:36:16 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 15, 09 2:13 PM
This looks like a potential problem for any scene where a puzzle is done last.

The advice is always the same - please let BFG know.

[Post New]by VegasAnnie on Nov 15, 09 6:51 PM
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?? I would not have used my game club credit if I knew this was going to happen. This game is not ONLY locking up but some of the scenes have pieces chopped out of it. For example, in the very 1st book, when you have to trade buoys, it's not showing me the buoys. I really need help. Anyone else having many many problems with this. I have MANY games from BFG and do not have this problem with any others at all, so I doubt it's my PC.

Thanks!
Annie

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 16, 09 4:37 AM
You may need a graphics card driver update. Since you have a technical problem, please contact CS. Click on the green envelope, then click on Contact Us.

[Post New]by Roverhugger on Nov 16, 09 5:26 AM
Yes, I'm just stuck on the ornate box thing. Most frustrating. Thanks for your help. I'll have to redo. Never mind.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Nov 16, 09 10:13 AM
Hi folks,

We have seen that a few users are having trouble in the same spots, yet others can pass through those same areas without problem. If you're running into technical difficulties with this game, you'll want to try the following:

1. Make sure that you don't have other programs running while you're playing. If your system is running low on memory, this can cause freezing. Vista Users, please click on this link to read an article on disabling Aero, a Vista feature that can interfere with gameplay.

2. Try uninstalling/reinstalling your game to ensure you don't have any corruption in your download. Click here to learn how to do this.

3. Make sure that you have the latest updates for your computer - click here

Making sure that your computer is up to date and running smoothly will help prevent "hiccups" in parts of your game that might be using more system resources. If you're still unable to get the game to work properly, please send an e-mail to Customer Support using the link in any one of those articles.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 16, 09 11:12 AM
VegasAnnie wrote:Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?? I would not have used my game club credit if I knew this was going to happen. This game is not ONLY locking up but some of the scenes have pieces chopped out of it. For example, in the very 1st book, when you have to trade buoys, it's not showing me the buoys. I really need help. Anyone else having many many problems with this. I have MANY games from BFG and do not have this problem with any others at all, so I doubt it's my PC.

Thanks!
Annie

This really sounds to me like a graphics card issue. Make sure you have updated your video drivers from the video card manufacturer's website. If you have an older card/display module, you may need to upgrade to a newer one.

Go to: