How do you drain the sink?

[Post New]by Trvlgirl2 on Nov 14, 09 5:59 AM
Can't get the plunger to work in the sink What am I doing wrong??

gojojogo
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

Re:How do you drain the sink?

[Post New]by gojojogo on Nov 14, 09 6:06 AM
I think it might just be about clicking in exactly the right spot.
But just to check, you have assembled the two parts of the plunger and (don't know if this is necessary) clicked on the sink without the plunger first, and then with the plunger?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,637 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 14, 09 8:09 AM
Are you sure you're using the whole plunger and not just the head? The stick is to the right of the sink. You then click the assembled plunger in the middle of the sink, as though above the plughole.

How do you drain the sink?

[Post New]by booker2100 on Nov 14, 09 9:06 AM
Trvlgirl2 wrote:Can't get the plunger to work in the sink What am I doing wrong??

I have tried 20 times to get the plunger to drain the sink. It is all put together and I have clicked on every part of the sink and can't seem to get it to work.

Have I missed the solution? Am I just not doing something right??

Help please anyone.

Thanks

~Jen

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,637 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 14, 09 11:42 AM
This is coming up rather often, so there could be a glitch. If you've used the whole plunger on the sink and nothing happens, please let BFG know. Click on the green envelope, then click on Contact Us.

[Post New]by nanasouth5 on Nov 14, 09 11:59 AM
Have you picked up the stick and put the plunger together??

[Post New]by paula1dent on Nov 14, 09 1:27 PM
I have had the same problem. I was ready to buy this game and won't because I tried to drain the sink for 15 minutes and could not. I tried every angle and every inch of the sink.

[Post New]by bjrolan on Nov 14, 09 2:00 PM
Oh no, I'm having the same problem. The plunger is assembled, it just doesn't work. I'll got try again.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,752 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 14, 09 2:58 PM
What worked for me was to position the plunger over the drain/sink area and then to hold down the left mouse button and then push the mouse up and down, just like you were making a real plunging motion.

Even if this isn't a glitch, getting this to work is a bit problematic.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,191 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Nov 14, 09 5:38 PM
There are at least two other threads about this. Someone suggested placing the plunger lower down on the sink (on the glass underneath). That worked for me.

[Post New]by kristybee600 on Nov 14, 09 5:53 PM
i've tried everything conceivable help!!

[Post New]by roslynhunter on Nov 14, 09 6:32 PM
I finally got it. I clicked the plunger on the purple bowl that's under the sink and it worked. I think it's a glitch in the game. I'm now stuck at the jewels. I've solved the mini game but the game won't advance. I may give up.

[Post New]by arcola on Nov 14, 09 10:50 PM
You definately must place the plunger very low, almost UNDER the sink as roslynhunter said.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 14, 09 11:19 PM
Yes, there is just a certain spot where it worked for me after many tries. I got confused thinking what do they mean about a base for the plunger, I guess it means the head which I had. Maybe I did move it lower down or had my ffinger on the left button because suddenly it started to work, going up and down. Just a challenge, tricky part, not a glitch. Like many hogs where you point at the right item but missing the "right" pixel. Maddening! But still love the game.

[Post New]by Charlie98765 on Nov 15, 09 2:29 PM
I took the advice of roslynhunter and it worked. Thank you.

[Post New]by Lindy240 on Mar 29, 10 11:59 PM
I was having problems too. I tried for over 30 minutes. I read the posts and tried several solutions, but the only one that did it was clicking on the bowl under the sink, and wow the water drained instantly and glass shards were left. The hints were no help as they just kept drawing a circle under the faucet. Thought my arm was gonna fall off. Thanks for the help everyone.

ladymajik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ladymajik on May 3, 10 3:39 AM
Yes, I tried for about 10 mins, but then did what Lindy240 did and it worked, my daughter has played it since and I told her about it and it worked straight away. This is my 1st post ever and I have only been with BFG for 1 month, but am totally addicted!!! Love all the hidden object games, as I had not played this type of game before. I just downloaded The women's Murder Club by James Patterson, who happens to be my favourite author. I am disabled and can't move around very much, so this site has been fantastic for me. I am 53 yrs old female. I wish I had have found BFG earlier.

Go to: