Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by MysteriousWon on Mar 7, 18 9:00 PM
Hi its been some time since I played and so I have missed the Feb update and there are no further updates in the options section. The game is lagging so badly I am unable to play. I managed to get my daily bonus but it took a full minute to release to me.

My cursor is slow and jumpy too.

How can I remedy this issue, I am not having the same problem with my other games.

Thanks in Advance

[Post New]by RONYCOLEMAN5495 on Mar 8, 18 1:45 AM

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 8:43:37 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 8, 18 10:25 AM
Hello Doodlebug2 and MysteriousWon,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to let us know what you have been experiencing in the game. It sounds like there is a question regarding item drops as well as a game that seems to be playing slowly or not performing well.

Doodlebug2, when a specific item is requested in a character quest, the item is more likely to be found in places wherever it can be found, including pet retrieved chests. So what I recommend in this scenario is to turn in that character quest if you are able, which should help reduce the likelihood of obtaining the "Drop of Thirst" item when feeding pets.

If you find that even after turning in those character quests that the items received seem to only be one item, don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what you have experienced, including how often an item was found, and what steps you have already taken to help with this issue. It may also help to provide that Friend Code you have listed here too, as that will help our Reps more quickly assist with your specific progress profile.

MysteriousWon, I'm sorry to hear that the game doesn't seem to be performing well. There may be a few reasons why that update isn't appearing as well. It sounds like you may have checked for updates manually, so, since one didn't appear, you may already have the most recent update, especially if you've set your Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) to update automatically.

As for the game itself behaving slowly or not running smoothly, I want to recommend seeing if updating your video card's driver is able to help get the game to run more smoothly. If you'd like to try those steps, they are linked below:

Update video card driver (Computer)

It might also help to run the game as an Administrator to help the computer have all the resources and permissions it needs to run the game smoothly. If you'd like to try those steps, I've linked to them below:

Run as Administrator (Computer)

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 8, 18 10:25 AM
MysteriousWon, for any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what you are experiencing and when those issues occur, such as when you click on certain things, or during certain times while playing. It would also assist our teams to let them know any steps you've already taken to try to resolve the issue. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your time. I also wanted to quickly thank you as well for your patience in regards to spam posts that sometimes appear in threads. The Forum Moderation Team does its best to remove spam posts and ban those specific users making them as rapidly as we can, and we apologize that sometimes spam may stick around longer than we'd all like. For more information about this persistent issue and what we are continuing to do to try to help with the impact these posts make, please see our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

I hope that this was able to help out and want to thank you all again for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by mandycaelos541 on Mar 9, 18 9:13 PM

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 1:29:46 PM PST

[Post New]by PKliban on Mar 10, 18 12:07 PM
I tried to purchase diamonds, but the game froze. How can I purchase diamonds without the game freezing?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 10, 18 1:40 PM
Hello PKliban,

I'm sorry your game froze while diamonds were being purchased. I've definitely got a few troubleshooting suggestions.

Midnight Castle must have a strong network connection in order to work properly. Since the game froze during a transaction, it's possible that checking its connection will fix things. I've included a help page below to walk you through that process:

Connection issues

If that doesn't seem to be the cause, then I'd recommend taking a look at the computer's video card driver driver. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and installing a newer version can prevent things from freezing. It'd might also be helpful to run the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions.

The help pages below contain further instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Please email our Midnight Castle Support Team if there is still trouble making purchases after following these suggestions. Thank you for your patience. If new questions arise, don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator, too.

We're happy to help.

bfgBeruna

mekeogh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mekeogh on Mar 11, 18 2:41 PM
After completing a puzzle and play the guess which hand, I don't receive any diamonds or items that I have won. I receive the coins and nothing else. This has happened several times. I've restarted my computer to see if that helps, but it doesn't.
Any suggestions as to why this is happening or a way to fix it?

Thanks,

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by dhirendrsoni on Mar 11, 18 9:11 PM

Edited on 03/12/2018 at 8:58:58 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 12, 18 11:45 AM
Hello mekeogh,

I'm sorry to hear that it seems like those prizes aren't being awarded after winning the 'which hand has the reward' mini-game after completing a Puzzle. We definitely would like to investigate a bit more and help out further, so I'd like to provide some steps for contacting our Support Team today.

To help us investigate, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with specific details of when you noticed this was occurring and what items appear to not be received. It would also help to provide our teams your Friend Code, which will help our Reps more quickly investigate and assist. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while working with our teams. I also want to thank all of our player's patience in regards to spam posts that may sometimes appear in our forums in established threads. While the Forum Moderation Team does its best to remove these as fast as possible, they may be around for a while since it requires our team to delete and ban these posts and posters manually. Thank you for your understanding, and for more information about this persistent issue, please see our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

Thank you all for your understanding, as well as your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by remobemo on Mar 12, 18 1:22 PM

Edited on 03/12/2018 at 1:49:01 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 13, 18 2:43 PM
mekeogh wrote:After completing a puzzle and play the guess which hand, I don't receive any diamonds or items that I have won. I receive the coins and nothing else. This has happened several times. I've restarted my computer to see if that helps, but it doesn't.
Any suggestions as to why this is happening or a way to fix it?

Thanks,

If you lose the last guess, you don't get items won earlier.
Many of us quit once winning the diamonds.

mekeogh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mekeogh on Mar 14, 18 6:41 AM

susiewastaken,

Yes I know that. Even if I just won the diamonds and then quit without trying for anything else, I still would not receive them. Once I guessed the wrong hand, I would quit and not take a chance on losing what I had won. I would still only receive the coins.

Thanks for the reply, tho.

God bless.

[Post New]by WrongAgain on Mar 14, 18 11:18 AM
I am playing on PC, windows 7, and the pets no longer give the items that are needed for the gnome quest even though the HOS that the item comes from is not available for another hour. The items that are missing for the gnome quest also no longer show up on the dice game. Is this a technical glitch or have we lost all possible ways to get the items needed for the gnome quests?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 14, 18 12:29 PM
Hello WrongAgain,

I'm sorry to hear that there seems to be trouble completing the quests the gnome has given. Since the game can sometimes have random chance involved for item drops, it is possible that there has been some bad luck in this instance. It sounds like there is a hidden object scene that also offers this item, so I recommend seeing if it will drop there too the next time you are able to complete it. Since there's a quest active for that item, there's a higher likelihood it'll be found while completing hidden object scenes that normally drop that item.

As for the dice game, it is very rare for an item to be provided after winning the dice game, which might be why that's not appearing as often as wanted. Pets also drop specific chests, but these chests may or may not contain the desired items as they also have a random chance for what's inside. Also, if you have other quests active, such as a character's quest for an item that could also drop at the HOS indicated, try to complete these other item requests first, so that there is a higher chance of getting the items you would like to see.

Now, if you've tried to complete this quest for a while and the item continues to not drop, even from the HOS that it is normally found in, please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what has occurred and what steps you've taken to try to complete the quest. Also please describe the quest, including the title of the quest and what you are searching for in the castle. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you for your time and patience. I hope that item drops soon so you can complete the quest! Don't hesitate to contact our Support Team if there continues to be trouble with receiving the specific items being sought. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by WrongAgain on Mar 14, 18 3:13 PM
Thank you for responding bfgllinalta, however what should have happened was that I should have gotten the needed item from my pet, or the dice game. I had already played the HOS so it was not available to drop the needed item. I am only on level 65 so it is not because I am maxed out. I ended up buying the needed items with my paltry few diamonds. Yes, I can play the puzzles, and I do, but since my choices only yield items or diamonds 50% of the time, they are not a lot of help. I used to be able to get the missing items, if not from the HOS, then pets or on the dice game. But it seems that only the character quests are coming from pets and dice and no gnome quest items are to be found. That's okay, I will just stop playing the gnome quests.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 14, 18 5:30 PM
Hello again WrongAgain,

Thanks for letting us know your concerns. While I don't have information that suggests that there was a change as what is being described, I can certainly provide your feedback to the appropriate teams for their overview when they discuss future iterations of the game. Since the gnome given quests are optional, it certainly can help to focus on the game's main quests instead if there's trouble completing both. Thanks for letting me know what you have experienced and I hope you have better luck going forward!

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 15, 18 2:12 PM
hello i am having problems gifting friends some cards are not turning changing the name of the room usually solves the issue, but it hasn't worked this time do you have any suggestions for resolving the problem i am using windows 10 with 8gb memory

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 15, 18 2:37 PM
If your friends card doesn't have an arrow on it (won't flip over) that means that that friend doesn't have/need a wishlist. Some do it because they don't want/need anything or because they are taking a break from the game. Some friends will leave a message on their card if they are taking a break or other issues that may have them not playing the game.

Keep stormin' the castle!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 15, 18 4:06 PM
Hello acecyberwitch,

Thanks for reaching out! DoubleMsMom offers some really good advice. Some friends don't have a wishlist. However, if this appears to be a technical issue, the suggestions in the help pages below should help:

Update video card driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

Please email our Midnight Castle Support Team if the trouble gifting friends persists after trying those instructions. They'll be happy to provide more assistance.

If questions arise about Midnight Castle or other games in the future, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. We're also here and happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: