Farming Deal Quest

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Farming Deal Quest

[Post New]by muttmom on Dec 27, 15 1:31 PM
The lady is saying "Win the Ran Owl Cookie Jar, the Grand Canyon Stamp, and the Jambya in the Auction House" are these items that I really have to go into the Auction House and Bid on? Any help please.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Farming Deal Quest

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Dec 27, 15 8:14 PM
Which lady is saying Win the items? What is the quest line you are following?

Is she saying, Win the item or find the item. There are some quests that ask you to find something but direct you to the auction house. These are the quests that you really need to go to the HOS to find them.

There are several ladies in the game that ask for thing so we need to know specifically who is asking and what the quest line is.

Hopefully you can give us some more information so that we can help you.

Cheers

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 28, 15 6:53 AM
Yes, you have to go to the auction , bid and win to finish this quest.

From AES, Mini Scene guide thread under HINTS.

Q-5 You have to WIN by bidding the following items- buy out will not do the trick.
•Win Ran the Owl
•Win Grand Canyon stamp
•Win Jambiya

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Dec 28, 15 8:34 AM
Thanks Blue

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 8:52 AM
You do have another option..

You can skip these quests, by hitting skip and paying the gold.

Since I don't play the auction this was the way I completed this portion. Plus, I didn't want to have to wait to see if I won an item.

If I remember correctly, I think it's only a few gold pieces to skip.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 28, 15 5:57 PM
Good grief, these items should be so easy to win in the auction - all are junk items that no one buys. No point in spending good gold for junk.

You have to WIN by bidding the following items- buy out will not do the trick.
•Win Ran the Owl
•Win Grand Canyon stamp
•Win Jambiya

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 8:02 PM
still a fan of the gold skip option.. for this quest only.. Normally, I would advise against skipping quests as it may mess up other portions..

at least you know it is an option.. (if you dislike the auctions like me)

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 8:03:36 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 29, 15 5:29 AM
I have been meaning to ask you for almost a year now; did you buy your way through the AES builds with gold from the Gold Glitch of 2014?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 29, 15 8:10 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:I have been meaning to ask you for almost a year now; did you buy your way through the AES builds with gold from the Gold Glitch of 2014?

Absolutely NOT! I didn't get the gold glitch, don't play the auctions

What I did get was a player sent me 200 gold from her glitch.. that's it.. and it bought me the mega truck, but that was long ago.

At the time, I didn't really have any gold.. I'm one of those who clicked on the platinum ledger in the antique shop and it cost me ALL my gold-- 400 to be exact.

I played in 2014 V-Day and Spring, like crazy.. anticipating lots of Summer stuff.. At the time, the game was going strong.

When the 4th of July came.. and it was weak. And then nothing..So, all my collections have been sitting for a long time.. almost 7 months waiting for the update.

And my strategy for the AES quests helped me immensely.

Unlike others, I have no fuel saved and barely any of the fuel collections to redeem- I never really stockpiled fuel.. I played, collected and redeemed.. I've redeemed a ton of those collections.

What I did do, is get my buildings to the same level (3) and opened all the quests for the items in those buildings.. so when I was playing I was collecting pieces for multiple buildings, and supplies for the building not yet at 3.. That saved me TONS of fuel and time in the long run..

And by opening Spain & Romania, (from my V-Day & Spring collections) I was not only getting additional building supplies but the ran gold collections too.

Once I got one observatory zodiac collection complete, to get coin I played with a hummingbird keepsake or scepter (won at the slots) the signs.. that, along with redeeming collections for the cash, really helped to fund my pirate day theme buildings..

For P Day, Halloween & Thanksgiving, I played only the minimum event requirements. (no flying around for me-- no fuel)

So, now my game is at an end.. and yes, I have a good amount of gold.. but I have only $35,000 and no fuel..

Bottom line, since the announcement I've been playing differently. I'm no longer looking to build up inventory and collections.. what's the point? I was playing to deplete and redeem what I worked hard to obtain.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 29, 15 8:22 AM
Plus, I wanted to add.. that had I been able to do basic math, I wouldn't have accepted the gold glitch gold...

At the time, I had a little over 200 plushy collections to redeem.. In my head, that meant 200 gold pieces.. not 2000 gold.. (which had I multiplied 10 x 200.. you get it)

So, I thought if I redeemed those for the mega truck that I wouldn't have anything..
Hope that explains it..

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 9:09 AM
The gold glitch people I found out about it by mid February as they claimed they had finished and done all the AES compound buildings. Of course I was just starting on the plane in Florida and had no clue as to what it took. Once I was there myself and saw all one had to do to finish, I put two and two together and understood just what had happened. They bought everything including Teodi with that gold.
I myself paid a good amount of gold from spring to pay off Issa and Im fixin to do it again. Its takes over 12,000 gold bars to get them buildings up. To get that kinda gold you either have to play the events like mad (which we knew only Spring of 14 was it and I don't think we knew how to milk those quests proper back then), pay $100's of real cash to purchase the gold, or have gold from the glitch.
If this was not a game I enjoy to play and had the glitch gold, I would have used it to buy out Issa for sure. Then what? It wasn't till this September we found the Vnika restart were one would take the gold with. To do what, buy everything all over again to get to the AES and buy all that too? I think those people for the most part are gone or playing the auction. Makes it too easy and redundant to be able to pay easily, not much enjoyment in that.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 29, 15 9:25 AM
Blue is right. Most of the gold glitch people are long gone. For them it was a race to see who could finish the update first. If only they knew, right.. they may not have barreled through.

There are many who frown on them.. I do not. They didn't ask for the auction to reward them with obnoxious amounts of gold.. that was a programming error on the developers end. They just happened to stumble on it..

We've all taken advantage where we could..

There was a time when the toy shoppe had a glitch and it gave tons of thread, or some other piece for playing mini-games.. when it was announced on the forum we all flocked to it..

Anyone who reads the forum and takes the information from our friends in Australia for their own advantage during events to rack up the time limited collectibles is taking advantage of something.. just in a different way.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 29, 15 6:46 PM
I would have bought my way out of AES builds if I could have - but I refused to take part in the gold glitch. I had 3000 gold going into AES and still have like 2400 of those original coins a year later. I have not redeemed gold collections from events other than to get Odin out of there. The way I have played has changed since the Jan 2015 update; figured that was it for the game and was in no big hurry to finish. I don't know if I will ever finish the compound and I don't much care.

I just wondered because no one said they bought their way out of it but thought they would have had to when they were finishing in two weeks. That would take some manic playing but then....

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 7:02 PM
I can't remember how much gold I got from the spring rush. But good grief it must have been close to 4 or 5 grand I gather. Not bothering to look it up as its not important, I know it wasn't enough. That's a drop in the bucket for our Issa. I could not do that turtle one last time if you recall and I was manic! How anyone can possibly in 2 weeks generate that much gold to do the entire AES its impossible. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck... AFLACK!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 30, 15 5:31 AM
Some acquired millions in gold (and had the nerve to complain when they lost the gold too) during the glitch that occurred when they introduced the special collections into the auction. Obviously it did not work and those items were jerked from the auction never again to be reintroduced.

Playing of quest events was not the source of the huge amount of gold that some acquired and bought their way out of everything. But I agree, having all that gold took the fun out of the game and those people pretty much faded away from the forum and perhaps the game itself.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 11:47 AM
I don't really know what the gold glitch was, since I wasn't playing at the time. But I am curious how someone gives gold to another player (as mentioned, several posts up).

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 30, 15 11:55 AM
For a short period of time, you could buy and sell the special items in the auction for gold. So if you wanted to give a player some gold, you could just buy one of his special items.
But due to programming errors, those auctions never worked as they should (hence the "gold glitch"), so they were quickly undone.

Merlion
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Merlion on Dec 30, 15 1:14 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote: But I agree, having all that gold took the fun out of the game and those people pretty much faded away from the forum and perhaps the game itself.

Oddly, I'm still playing the game although I don't frequent the forum as I get help from a good friend. I still collect and give out keys and I am just plodding along and still enjoying the game. I still got lots of items to get/purchase and plenty of places to visit. I don't have the luxury of buying my way out and like you say it takes the fun away. My friend did helped me a lot with coins so that I could complete the AES otherwise I will still be struggling.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 30, 15 4:19 PM
Hey there, M. Oh, if you have the AES sign done you have access to coins galore. If the Blue Prints are done, put those together as the mini-game. All the mini-games in the AES buildings are coin laden. No reason to be poor once one gets any of those open - bonus is they are pretty mindless and can be done while watching TV or such

[Post New]by Jettalee on Jan 3, 16 7:43 PM
I'm wondering how I can explore the farm in Washington. Siri Lim asked us for supplies over in the other world which I did and then requested I find battering ram, toolbox and another item to explore farm. I completed that task but when I went to farm to use those items they were not there. What can I do to get access to complete Siri Lim request to explore the farm/

Go to: