bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Treasures of Montezuma 5

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 28, 15 12:29 AM
A thrilling gem-matching adventure awaits those who dare to explore the jungle of the Aztecs, where untold treasure lies hidden deep within an ancient temple! Will you dare to venture into the tangle, where you'll discover the long forgotten powers of the totems, and learn to unleash their magic on arrays of glittering gems? Can you master the variety of bonuses, and use their explosive abilities to rack up insane high scores? And will you be able to complete each quest that stands before you, no matter how formidable? Then you are ready for the all-new Treasures of Montezuma 5.

Re:The Treasures of Montezuma 5

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 28, 15 12:20 PM
Timer=automatic ignore. I am in the group that plays these games to relax, and refuse those that do not have that option. Amazed that there are developers that are unaware of this, or simply don't care...but am sure that they also may be wondering why there are not more sales...golly gee, ya think they might get it if enough of us voice our own displeasure...then again, I do think it is common knowledge that timed games just don't appeal to all of us.

BEN1972
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by BEN1972 on Dec 28, 15 12:25 PM
I'm willing to bet that devs. of this game will put out an update for the game that includes an untimed option. That would obviously create more interest and higher sales of the game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 29, 15 9:20 AM
I might be the last fish in the pond who *always* plays M3 timed and will probably get hammered for this, but can someone provide a review that isn't just a gripe about the timer? My opinion only, but I believe we all play games for relaxation, even those of us who "like a challenge" are still playing for fun and relaxation! I certainly don't play my games to be frustrated. Before HOGs were all the rage, I remember the days when it was a new M3 every day several years ago...and most M3s were timed only then. Gamers come in all levels of skill and what is fun for one isn't for another I know, but please folks, is there anything about this game that you can comment on other than it's timed?

I watched the demo video and it looks a lot like the previous games in the series. Seems like one of the games where you have to focus on getting a big enough setup to blow enough stuff up to win the boards. I like my M3s to have strategy involved, not just a clickfest and I'm busy with life these days...anyone have any other input on how the game plays? (And yes, if it's hard, I like it even better. )

lindia06
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindia06 on Dec 31, 15 4:54 PM
Well, SynthpopAddict I tend to agree with you. Yes, I do like some games where I can play relaxed, but part of the fun to me also is just beating the timer. I am not an expert reviewer, but I did enjoy this game. There are some new pluses, the slot game is a change, and sort of fun. I also liked a feature that had colored areas, and you have to make matches of the same color to make that colored area disappear. Every level seems to have something different, like so many gems, and a certain score to beat. It seems to surprise me when I reach the goal without being aware of it. It is easier so far than the Montezuma game where we only had 1 minute to finish the level! I like it, and bought it. I do think it is necessary to use the "bonus" tho, and as the game progresses, we get to chose from different ones for each level. It does cost something to use these, but they also work automatically. I haven't played long enough to be that sure of how they work tho. I just failed on a level, about level 15 I think, but I didn't activate any bonus either. And if you get the number of gems for the goal, but don't get a high enough score to receive the "key" for the chest, you can chose to replay or go on. I hope this is some help for you. Like I said I don't normally do reviews, but it is a challenging game, and looks like it will get a lot harder too! Have fun!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 1, 16 12:30 PM
Thanks lindia06 for an honest review. I bought the game last night during the sale and am enjoying it too. It is quite a challenge, so isn't for those looking to zen out.

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on Jan 2, 16 3:00 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:I might be the last fish in the pond who *always* plays M3 timed and will probably get hammered for this, but can someone provide a review that isn't just a gripe about the timer? My opinion only, but I believe we all play games for relaxation, even those of us who "like a challenge" are still playing for fun and relaxation! I certainly don't play my games to be frustrated. Before HOGs were all the rage, I remember the days when it was a new M3 every day several years ago...and most M3s were timed only then. Gamers come in all levels of skill and what is fun for one isn't for another I know, but please folks, is there anything about this game that you can comment on other than it's timed?

I watched the demo video and it looks a lot like the previous games in the series. Seems like one of the games where you have to focus on getting a big enough setup to blow enough stuff up to win the boards. I like my M3s to have strategy involved, not just a clickfest and I'm busy with life these days...anyone have any other input on how the game plays? (And yes, if it's hard, I like it even better. )

I don't think people are trying to "gripe" because they would like an untimed version, it would be nice if the player has the option of timed or untimed, it depends on the person, there are some people who love M3 but are not physically capable of playing very fast, so the untimed version would be best for them. We don't all think the same way about how a game is "relaxing" to us.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 2, 16 4:42 PM
Yes, I realize that not everyone is a M3 whiz; mentioned that in my earlier post. There is no one game that will make everyone happy, but I do have an issue with "reviews" that don't mention anything about the game other than it's timed. IMO that is a personal comment, not a review. Will admit that if there are quite a few such posts in the forum it does benefit me in a way because those are the games I want to try and usually enjoy. The M3s rated as "fun/relaxing" by the majority are a no-buy for me because I find them too easy (even in timed mode). Bored doesn't equal fun for me at least. Sorry that some can't play this game, but if the devs chose to market to a different section of the fanbase...well, those of us who are better at M3s like having new games to play too sometimes. I may be wrong on this, but when I checked the downloads section under the M3s, there's a flame showing this is a popular download, so I don't think I'm alone.

The pond may be surprised to learn that I have carpal tunnel syndrome and sometimes can hardly feel the mouse while I'm gaming, or play in pain on other days. I also have visual field difficulties and am not a teenager.

kcobb0419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kcobb0419 on Feb 11, 16 10:56 AM
There is mention in both the Achievement area and in the "instructions" about "Marble Mode". I've been playing the game through the end and am in 'random key' mode - money is of no use anymore since I've purchased all the power ups. I've seen the bottles but I've NEVER seen Marbles. And, in fact, the Achievements says I've earned 0 or 1000 so clearly I've never seen Marble Mode.

How does one get to Marble mode?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 11, 16 2:20 PM
@kcobb0419: Marble mode is one of the 3 minigames that are in little circles sort of off by themselves on the map. I don't think it's the first one of them; it's either the second or third one.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 24, 16 9:31 AM
I have issues with timed games as well.

For this one, it would be nice if the timer -- if they had to have it -- be 5 minutes not 3 minutes. At least then I don't feel so frantic to win. And some levels its really hard to win in 3 minutes even if you manage to get the additional time awards.

Its either that or they remove 1 of the colors so there is a better chance of a match.

And those lizards have got to go -- the last level for white White Totem is all but impossible to get rid of the number of lizards you need to. Double changed and all across one row and two columns. I tired that level multiple times now and can't get all of them. And you can't advance to the final stage without completely that level.

So alas -- frustration max has been hit. This game is being deleted.

[Post New]by fritz_1962 on Mar 24, 16 9:58 AM
As it has been said, this is relaxation not punishment. I have been at level 57 for 4 days, best score 32. I have almost every option in the store, but cant beat them flies. Help
Teufelhunden

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 3, 16 8:22 AM
@moonryu: Sorry you got stuck on the last lizard level - that one is a toughie but it *is* doable. Since you're moving on to something else I hope that whatever you pick up next will be more enjoyable.

@fritz_1962: Welcome to the pond! I found the levels in the 50s were the most challenging to me but once I got over that "hump" it got easier with the exception of a board or 2 near the very end. On the fireflies boards you want to focus on matching the flies somewhere "reachable" i.e. not on the very edges unless there's an obvious match. If you don't see obvious matches for flies, try to find 2 of the same color matches as much as you can to get the idols to help you. Any of them are useful except for the yellow one. I used the add gems booster as one of the powerups so if the green idol gets used there's a better chance that he'll get some flies for you when he gets all the gems off the screen. Thought you might be able to sell back some of your upgrades in the store so you can get the coinage back to buy other things, but nope...if you don't have the add time ones maxed out try playing the slot machine for more coins.

Go to: