HIDDEN OBEJECT SHOW 2

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

HIDDEN OBEJECT SHOW 2

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Sep 20, 08 12:21 AM
Released today, wondering about this one, if it will be in the same as the first one. Downloading to see if it has the same problems, and waiting to hear from you all, happy gaming

I must be in a dream, I can not believe so many HO games in a row, its wonderful and I am dreaming please let me stay asleep Thanks

Edited on 09/20/2008 at 12:27:11 AM PST

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

Re:HIDDEN OBEJECT SHOW 2

[Post New]by GinaBean on Sep 20, 08 12:24 AM
Wow, the Fish is giving us an HO feeding frenzy lately! I'll await your review Edna, I wanted to stuff a sock in that game show host's mouth the last time.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 20, 08 12:41 AM
They were supposedly making improvements to this version so I'll give it a whirl. Boy BF is spoiling us HO addicts these days.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Sep 20, 08 12:45 AM
Well, not so great, I have played for 20 mn but the music is getting on my nerves, not a buy for me ! But I am still waiting for last week-end "hiccup", that's the Hawaiian one

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Sep 20, 08 1:12 AM
Feel the same way about the music, going to go into options and turn it down. But the voice is not as bad as the last guy.

I got a chance to get the LOST ISLAND HAWAIIAN EXP.

Still have not made up my mind on this one yet. Objects are kind of hard to find, but maybe because I am half asleep will check later with a clear head happy gaming everyone

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Sep 20, 08 2:02 AM
Sure alot of hidden object games again--it's feast or famine.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Sep 20, 08 2:14 AM
Well downloading at the moment, will let you know, HO BF have resally pushed the boat out, not complaining though i think it is great.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 20, 08 2:32 AM
sawadee93 wrote:Well, not so great, I have played for 20 mn but the music is getting on my nerves, not a buy for me ! But I am still waiting for last week-end "hiccup", that's the Hawaiian one

Are you talking about Hawaiian Explorer: Lost Island? I played the demo to that one long ago. I hated it. I think it got bad reviews also.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 20, 08 2:32 AM
Okay, I tried it and this is my take:

It was cute. The scenes were certainly colorful, maybe a little too colorful. It made some things a bit hard to see, and it was starting to give me eye strain. I also agree with the poster who mentioned some of the scenes were fuzzy. I, too, got that impression, although I'm tired so it could have been that, too.

I got a nice varitey of mini-games, so that's good. Although the ABC letter one seemed to come up more often for me. But there's lots of skip chips to be found, so that's a plus.

The host wasn't quite as obnoxious as last time, although he does only seem to have about 3 different sayings, which I could see getting irritating, but I guess that's why there's sound control on my speakers.

I do like the addition of the prize shop. My goal-if I buy this game-is to amass enough tickets to buy those giant stuffed animals. I'm still on the fence about buying it. Like the first one, I could see this one being a "grind" to finish, but if taken in small doses it could be a fun game. The trial is definitely worth a look.

And that is the officially sillyfeet review.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Sep 20, 08 2:41 AM
scotcat wrote:
sawadee93 wrote:Well, not so great, I have played for 20 mn but the music is getting on my nerves, not a buy for me ! But I am still waiting for last week-end "hiccup", that's the Hawaiian one

Are you talking about Hawaiian Explorer: Lost Island? I played the demo to that one long ago. I hated it. I think it got bad reviews also.

Yes I am talking about the Hawaiian Explorer Lost Island. I have played the 1 hour demo and quite like it .... I like the mini-games ! I cannot remember the first one so I cannot compare. Oh well if another great HO comes, I might change my mind ..

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 20, 08 3:56 AM
Downloading this game as I type. I have little expectation out of it since I didn't care for the first one. From waht I read this seuel isn't much better than first. But an HO is an HO and us addicts gotta have our fix even if it's just the hour trial.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 20, 08 4:28 AM
Well... I did play the full demo. Not as annoying as the first one (I did buy the first, got about half-way and quit it, never went back) but still, not great. The scenes are very grainy and some make for very difficult searches. I said out-loud to myself, "I can't even tell what this junk is supposed to be!" in one very dark/fuzzy area (bumper cars I think it was) The variety of the searches is fun and the ability to skip if you have a chip (I hate silhouettes particularly) is good. The prize part always annoys me, like it did in the first, and I usually just skip that bit. I did turn in some tickets for a purple egg man and I think it's a mermaid...

Pass for now, but might buy it in some time of hidden object famine.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Sep 20, 08 6:22 AM
congrats on morphing, regarding game not my type, always have mute on anyway, so music not a problem, will not buy, never finished demo.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 20, 08 6:28 AM
NYDanielle wrote:EWWWWW....I just morphed into a squid!! I have to stop posting; at least my seahorse and starfish were cute! ~LOL~

No, now you have to post more to get out the the squid faze.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 20, 08 6:45 AM
I didnt care for the first one- too annoying. but I'll give this a try!

Lokiee
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Lokiee on Sep 20, 08 9:20 AM
I liked first one. I bought this w/out even playing it.I have a problem w/ always wanting complete sets of stuff regardless if II like or not. Good thing games are only $6.99

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 20, 08 11:15 AM
I agree with most of the sentiments posted here. This once is much less annoying than the first. I thougt it ok, but will not be buying. I have no desire to spend time shopping for garbage with my skee-ball tickets

bellefrey
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by bellefrey on Sep 20, 08 1:58 PM
I played the hour of this, I like some of the new mini games and also liked that it was a *lot* more colorful than the first incarnation. I would probably eventually buy this one to play randomly when goofing off. I like the addition of the choosing your prizes and opportunities to get more tickets to break up the monotony.

I thought it was a bit repetitive, but that's ok for a random game to kill time. I pretty much turned the music off and turned the voice and sound effects way down, and just listened to my own playlist on, so it was a fairly pleasant activity.

bellefrey
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by bellefrey on Sep 20, 08 3:36 PM
lesliesouth05 wrote:i bought this game but it will not let me install it...i click run and nothing happens...??? help please!!!

Sometimes I have had problems with pop up blockers, or in Vista I have to allow a program to continue?

Try support, they are very nice here

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 20, 08 4:08 PM
I bought the first one and played it all the way through. This one is a lot better.

For $6.99, I am buying it. Call me a dork, but there are some cheesy games I can't resist. At least it's not a snooze feast like Moonlight Sonatas turned out to be. I never finished that game.

I love the "fling the frog onto the lily pad" game.

Go to: