Return to mysterious island, great game!

[Post New]by janey69 on Nov 16, 09 1:17 AM
I am really enjoying Return to Mysterious Island, I wonder if anyone here can point me in the direction of more games that are similar to this one? I love the making and taking apart of things you find to make new items, my two sons and I stayed up really late playing this but I don't think it will last us many days! Any suggestions for games in a similar vein greatly appreciated.

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

Re:Return to mysterious island, great game!

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Nov 16, 09 5:37 AM
If you're enjoying this one, you must definately try the sequel! There is also a BFG called "Voyage" that rounds out the Jules Verne collection, but I haven't played that one. I just went & checked it out for you & yup, looks like the same idea! (I just don,t do aliens) All the Large files are filled with puzzles & tools of some sort, but I haven't found any others quite like like RTMI. If you want a good adventure game with a great story, though, I suggest Syberia. It's my all-time favorite.

Happy gaming,

Kate

[Post New]by janey69 on Nov 17, 09 6:06 AM
Many thanks Kate! I have downloaded Mysterious Island 2 which we will play next. My two sons are doing really well on the puzzles in Mysterious Island and my younger son is good at shooting those scary Guardian robots.
I am also a fan of Syberia, although at times it seemed I had a LOT of running around to do! It was a very big game but the graphics were lovely. I very much enjoy adventure games with puzzles as we find they are a bit more challenging generally than the Hidden Object type games.
I was looking forward to Safecracker but after a lot of messing around to get it to work, (which caused my PC to stop working properly!) I finally got it running only to discover it flickers constantly which makes it unplayable.
I am not that keen on aliens either! lol

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Nov 17, 09 7:33 AM
I played Syberia before Mysterious Island, so the 360 degree view put me off at first. After I got uced to it, though, I found that you could definately get from place to place much faster. I got very lost at first, though! I'm glad that you're getting some fun time with the boys! I played with my sister. Buddying up makes it all that more fun!

About safecracker: If the game flicks & can't be pplayed, contact customer support. They are very friendly. If they can't get it to work for you, they should refund you.

Good luck & enjoy your gaming,

Kate

P.S. Another that you & the boys might enjoy is Sherlock holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring. Full of logic puzzles (& a bit tough!), but it has a free trial.

[Post New]by janey69 on Nov 18, 09 11:35 AM
Thanks again Kate, maybe I should ask for a refund for Safecracker, I tried re-installing today and now I can't even get it to Activate, let alone run properly!
I enjoyed playing all the Sherlock Holmes games, but wish Sherlock could walk faster lol The Agatha Christie Poirot ones were also really good fun.

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Nov 18, 09 2:03 PM
I am planning on trying the Agatha Christie games someday. But I'm broke right now! Lol

I would most definately ask for a refund on a game if I could not play it!

Go to: