Odin Quests FINISHED

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 4:19 AM
After almost a year, today after collecting the elf lunch box, I was able to turn in my final Odin collection...

So, what happens after you complete all the collections?

So as not to spoil the outcome for those who are still working on their collections.. I'll enter another post below this one..

Read only if you want to know..(spoiler alert)

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 4:21 AM
After turning in the collection....

Odin pops up on the screen and announces

"You've really collected a lot of things! Feel free to visit this room to view you collections"

That's it.. nothing more..

I visited the warehouse (secretly in the hopes it would trigger additional quests) and nothing...

Kind of anti-climatic for something that been around for so so long.. but that's the way the Odin tale ends...

 
Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 28, 15 7:04 AM
Well it was to be expected after all, anti climatic is really the ART way. Congratulations Chestnut. Now for the good question; you going to do a restart?

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 7:48 AM
I'm not sure yet.. I'm going to keep the game on my computer.

Honestly, once the announcement came out, it's been pretty hard to keep motivated to play. I'm really a quest driven player but with no more content.. why play to get more gold that can't be used on anything?

For right now, I'm just going to sit back and read and maybe participate in the forum.. (it's really you all that I like so much and your posts and friendship is what has kept me here this long).

It's been a fun ride.. this is a good game (minus all the programming snafus)...

 
Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 28, 15 8:01 AM
I'll tell you after all the restarts I have done and really never finished, I still play everyday. Slowly at that since I am in NO rush to get to the AES part. The beginning of the game is the most fun.

 
aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 28, 15 8:14 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, CH! Well done.

I will be seeing Odin's face for a few more months yet - still need to do the Valentine's Day & Spring Event collectibles before he disappears from my screen.

 
ejevans
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ejevans on Dec 28, 15 8:27 AM
I don't know what I missed because I only have 102 out of the 106. I did all the Valentine, Pirate, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas collections and always turned them in to ODIN when I finished a collection. I just went in and checked and the Aurora Sextant is nowhere to be found in Odin's room, the others are there. Odin gave me a thumbs up when I turned that collection in. Does this mean I have to look at his face for another year? Have mercy on me!

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 8:28:54 AM PST


 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 8:40 AM
The Aurora Sextant is in the drawer. You have to click on the drawer to open it and see all the items in there too.

As for your count.. Do you have any open Odin quests? That'll tell you what you are missing.. if you don't then it's probably an event like Spring perhaps?

 
lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by lpcb on Dec 28, 15 8:40 AM
Well that kind of sucks. Now I'm glad I made this into a personal challenge, to see how much gold, coin and levels I can get to. I have to keep playing until Valentine's day to get all the rewards. I found it interesting to play hard and not take the easy road by buying gold from the store. I played only with the rewards given. It was not easy, but it was interesting.

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 8:50 AM
lpcb wrote:Well that kind of sucks. Now I'm glad I made this into a personal challenge, to see how much gold, coin and levels I can get to. I have to keep playing until Valentine's day to get all the rewards. I found it interesting to play hard and not take the easy road by buying gold from the store. I played only with the rewards given. It was not easy, but it was interesting.


I think it also depends on when you started the game.. I am part of the crew that had a 7 month downtime of no quests. We weren't even sure if any update was going to come. This gave us a lot of time to gather items leisurely into our inventory..

Others who have recently started the game will, I'm sure, have a much different experience..

 
SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 28, 15 9:19 AM
Odin says I have 8 left. But when I go to the special collections tab, 9 are undone. Which one doesn't count? Ran the owl's? What is the question mark? Is it unfinished (not coded in), or a surprise?

 

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by KittensGalore on Dec 28, 15 9:31 AM
SaphireH wrote:Odin says I have 8 left. But when I go to the special collections tab, 9 are undone. Which one doesn't count? Ran the owl's? What is the question mark? Is it unfinished (not coded in), or a surprise?



I don't think we will ever get the mystery Ran Owl. I have played, through various games, all the holiday/seasonal quests and each event already gave us its Ran.

 
ALFHUG
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ALFHUG on Dec 28, 15 1:16 PM
I like ejevans have done all of the collections, but only showing 102 of the 106 but still have the last Ran to go with ? mark.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 28, 15 2:26 PM
ALFHUG wrote:I like ejevans have done all of the collections, but only showing 102 of the 106 but still have the last Ran to go with ? mark.



1) There is no last Ran.

2) You only get credit for the collections when Odin asks for them.


So, if you didn't have the warehouse at level 3 and Odin asking for collectibles before the Valentine Day event ended, you will have to wait until the first day of that event for Odin to appear. He may or may not give you credit for any V-Day sets already completed.

 

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Dec 28, 15 7:25 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
ALFHUG wrote:I like ejevans have done all of the collections, but only showing 102 of the 106 but still have the last Ran to go with ? mark.

1) There is no last Ran.
2) You only get credit for the collections when Odin asks for them.
So, if you didn't have the warehouse at level 3 and Odin asking for collectibles before the Valentine Day event ended, you will have to wait until the first day of that event for Odin to appear. He may or may not give you credit for any V-Day sets already completed.


Ok, my Laptop game still has me at 102/106, I have every collectible with a green check mark in their boxes (excluding the missing Ran which I know will never be had in this lifetime), I went into both game's Warehouse to double check what I have there, both games show matching sets of collectibles yet my Laptop game still has Odin wanting 4 more collectibles. But he doesn't show what I need to give him. I click on the "Play" button and the "Go" button and all it does is take me into the Warehouse.
I haven't missed any of the Christmas Quests, done all the Other Quests and have the trophies in my Antique Shop for completing them. So what's going on? Need answers. My friend mentioned about starting over now instead of waiting for the Valentines and Spring Events again.

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 7:26:48 PM PST


 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 28, 15 8:01 PM
If all you have is Odin and a total out of 106, then you are somehow missing collections from one of the special events. Even if you've redeemed the collections, they won't count until Odin asks for them..

Which special collection? If you aren't sure, you may have to wait until the events roll around..

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 28, 15 8:09 PM
I'll repeat, Odin does not count your collection until he asks for it. And he doesn't ask for the special collectibles until the event starts.

Any collections completed before the warehouse was at level 3 and entered the building to trigger Odin's quests are not included in Odin's totals.

So if you didn't have the warehouse and Odin ready before Valentine Day event ended, even though the collections show up in the warehouse, they are not included in the totals.

The trophies in your antique store are awarded on the very first day of the event, regardless of whether you complete all the quests.

 

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Dec 28, 15 11:36 PM
I have finnished as well, was a bit of a lame end, dont really want to view my collections, he could have given us a fanfare after all this time, first time i have no quests hanging, seems a bit bare now, oh well DQ's still to do, might finally start a new game as i am well and truly finnished, good luck to those still trying to finnish.

 
Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 10:15 AM
Fish, you'd love it...Girl its been so long at level 100+ you have got to have forgotten why you fell in love with this game in the first place. Take a walk on the wild side, do you some good, like cold water on the neck when one is parching. Its been a blast going slow and smelling the roses this time around. Especially when one does not have to worry about running out of time, cash or gold. I play when I want and how I want, take a different tack if the quests are going one way and I want another. Endless possibilities with a restart and the best part of it . ITS FUN!

ps..edited to add: Take a screenshot of Odin's attic space with all the collections done. That way you wont forget it..LOL....

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 10:16:30 AM PST


 

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Dec 29, 15 10:31 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I'll repeat, Odin does not count your collection until he asks for it. And he doesn't ask for the special collectibles until the event starts.

Any collections completed before the warehouse was at level 3 and entered the building to trigger Odin's quests are not included in Odin's totals.

So if you didn't have the warehouse and Odin ready before Valentine Day event ended, even though the collections show up in the warehouse, they are not included in the totals.

The trophies in your antique store are awarded on the very first day of the event, regardless of whether you complete all the quests.

Let me make myself a little more clear, I've been playing both games since 2013, had every collectible collected before Odin showed up, HAD MY WAREHOUSE IN DINHAMMER ALLY DONE TOO! AS WELL AS ALL THE BUILDINGS AT THE AES MUSEUM SITE!!
I done all Odin has asked me to do but still he says I need to complete all the collectible collections. I've turned in all the Specials when he asked me to and got my rewards showing at my Warehouse at the AES site. So I'd like to know why I'm showing 102/106 when I've done them all!

Ok, this is when a Moderator should pop in and give us a straight answer and not beat around the bush about it.

Yes, I'm ranting!

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 10:48:03 AM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: