The Lonely Item

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

The Lonely Item

[Post New]by deeziner on Dec 28, 15 10:13 AM
It seems that I leave the same lonely item as the last collected thing in many, many of my HOSs. In the Broken Well I think I'm finished but there are those glasses sitting on the left edge of the screen. In the Fire Fountain the stupid fork is still sitting in that cup-like thing. I seem to leave the same something for last in each scene....poor little lonely items.

Anyone else have lonely items?

Llamamama15
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:The Lonely Item

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Dec 28, 15 10:50 AM
It's usually the caterpillar or the bone, probably because I don't see them until everything is out of the way. I also find that I think I still need to find something but all of a sudden the list is done and I don't recall clicking on the item

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 28, 15 12:23 PM
Yeah that caterpillar is a sneaky little beggar. But my nemisis is the arrow, both in the chapel, and in the hammock above Pete.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 28, 15 2:15 PM
Its that sneaky snail in the Unique Dishes.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Dec 28, 15 2:27 PM
Mine isn't a single item. It a place--right under my right hand as I touch the screen. I keep waiting for the OK sign to come up, lift my hand up, and that last lonely item just waiting to be found (after another 10 seconds ticked off the clock.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 28, 15 3:00 PM
Tavern - Game Table.......somehow, the mushroom always gets found last.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Dec 28, 15 4:14 PM
The thimble!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 28, 15 5:27 PM
The thimble absolutely drives me crazy. I know all the places it should be, but I'll be darned if I can ever spot the stupid thing. Racks my nerves!

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 28, 15 5:31 PM
It used to drive me crazy as well, but I have done it so many times I can usually find it pretty quick by now. Isnt there an old game called 'Hunt the Thimble'?

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 28, 15 5:32 PM
All the 'brown" items in the Library......sometimes I just post up there and wait 5 min to watch the candels click out and the sack drain before i use 3 wands to abort that room with a tisk tisk tisk "take that" fer good measure.....LOL **D@NgeR** out

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 28, 15 5:44 PM
That reminded me.............that little brown pipe in the Root Faces.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 29, 15 6:59 AM
I take the opposite approach - I search for the hardest items, like that microscopic thimble, 1st & save the easy to spot ones for last, then gather them all up real fast (boosts the mutiplier & helps compensate for my abysmally slow times/low scores)!

In scenes that have the dreaded spiders {shudder!} I get rid of them ASAP, & make sure I save something pretty to look at for last. Like the amethyst crystals & sapphire. Silly, but it soothes my frazzled nerves after having to touch a spider!

Actually, I tend to save something pretty for last in all the HOS. Always the sapphire

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 29, 15 8:31 AM
Oh, boy, yes. The thimble, the mushroom, that danged whistle with the chained doves (I want to set all the doves free frankly, that's so cruel) and the snails everywhere. For some reason, snails are hard to find.

But the worst -- the absolute worst -- is the star in the summer garden. It's that red and white cloth/stuffed fabric star and that's not one looks for in a star. I have no problem finding the other stars that are the brilliant gold they should be but that one just camouflages itself so well. I hate it.

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 29, 15 8:33 AM
Desertdruid wrote:I take the opposite approach - I search for the hardest items, like that microscopic thimble, 1st & save the easy to spot ones for last, then gather them all up real fast (boosts the mutiplier & helps compensate for my abysmally slow times/low scores)!

In scenes that have the dreaded spiders {shudder!} I get rid of them ASAP, & make sure I save something pretty to look at for last. Like the amethyst crystals & sapphire. Silly, but it soothes my frazzled nerves after having to touch a spider!

Actually, I tend to save something pretty for last in all the HOS. Always the sapphire

Sounds like an exellent suggestion but if I did that, I'd be a full minute in before I started collecting anything and it would wind up disadvantaging me. I know. I've tried to get the bad out of the way and wound up giving up 30 seconds in with a they'll show up en route to the others.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 29, 15 9:17 AM
LOL Blaze, I too have trouble with that star sometimes. But to me, it looks like a Christmas cookie that's been frosted red and white.

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Dec 29, 15 10:31 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:LOL Blaze, I too have trouble with that star sometimes. But to me, it looks like a Christmas cookie that's been frosted red and white.

Except there must be at least one British DEV because in another HOS they call the partially eaten chocolate chip cookie a "biscuit". It makes me wonder what the British actually call biscuits the way we think of them here in the US. lol

I hate the bones. Can never find them & they usually end up last. In the HOS with the alligator (sorry don't know the name), I can't find anything!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Dec 29, 15 11:02 AM
For me it's the darn rivet, the thimble, the tuning fork, the carterpillar, the spider, the tobacco pipe, the whistle, the snail, the big crab on the game table (it's too big and often can't see it), I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but it's easier to say it's everything. When my score gets over 24,500 I just figure there must be a glitch in my game.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 29, 15 12:16 PM
OMG Jackie, I forgot all about the rivet. I can be looking right at the darn thing and still not see it. I think I've gone "rivet blind." LOL

[Post New]by walkingstar on Dec 29, 15 12:29 PM
I'm with Lanky 46 & **G**. I Love playing with the bag..like an hourglass in a sack. The candles are fun to snuff. I Like the green butterfly outside on the "statue?" -I like to set it free..& my hand is always covering up something underneath..Q@W

Milan_Indiana
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Milan_Indiana on Dec 29, 15 2:20 PM
It is usually at the beginning when some of the items are partially hidden by other items. Then I begin the made clicking on everything I see. LOL. Cork Screw and comb seem to be killers for me.

Go to: