NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

I fell for it again with support...

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Nov 16, 09 7:12 AM
In response to my posting here at the lack of contact from support, I was e-mailed by someone who seemed interested in helping me with my problems related to Westward III and the fact it won't load.

I did what they asked of me, again. I ran the Dr. Felix program, again. I even got screenshots of the errors I get when the game tries to load (but this was a new attachment). I sent the Dr. Felix file and the Word document with the screenshots and I have heard nothing, again.

I guess they got me, again. I suppose I'll never be able to play Westward III, again.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:I fell for it again with support...

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 16, 09 9:17 AM
How long has it been since you sent the new info to CS? If it was over the weekend, that might be the reason. Also, have you checked your junk mail/Spam folder? Sometimes responses end up in those...especially the automatic "we received your request and will be contacting you shortly" emails.

You also might try contacting them via Live Chat with the green envelope at the bottom right of the page.

HTH!

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Dec 2, 09 6:38 AM
I sent it during the week on November 10th. Also, I check my junk mail folder daily, nothing there.

This is apathy on the part of BFG and nothing more. I do everything they ask and I hear nothing back. This is the second time I've done the "Dr. Felix" and this time I sent screen shots of the error I get.

BFG apathy...

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 2, 09 7:05 AM
I would definitely try contacting them via Live Chat using the green envelope then. I'm not sure what happened, but I am sure it wasn't because of apathy on the part of BFG and that it wasn't intentional. Perhaps the attachment somehow prevented them from getting the email?

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Dec 2, 09 4:19 PM
I finally wen to Sandlot and bought Westward III again as well as IV. They both work fine. I had a question for support and sent it to them while I created a login. Before I was done, I had heard back from support there. What a concept, taking care of their customers. In looking through the site, I'm starting to think it's time to ditch BFG for good, once my last credits are used.

Having been a member for so many years here, it's disappointing that I needed support for the first time and I got nothing from them but total silence.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 2, 09 4:34 PM
That is a pure shame you couldn't get any satisfaction from . But SLG does stand by their games and at least now you can play.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 2, 09 5:11 PM
Hi NancyLou9,

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with our customer support. I have checked into this issue and I am happy to help. This appears to be the case of emails not reaching their intended recipients. I'm sending you a private message right now with more information.

bfgErie

Edited on 12/02/2009 at 5:20:35 PM PST

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Dec 5, 09 1:56 PM
bfgErie wrote:Hi NancyLou9,

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with our customer support. I have checked into this issue and I am happy to help. This appears to be the case of emails not reaching their intended recipients. I'm sending you a private message right now with more information.

bfgErie

Yeah, I haven't heard this about four times already. Sorry, you lost me as a member due to your apathy. It won't work any longer, the sucking me back in with the false promises of "e-mail us and we'll fix it." Nope, done...

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Dec 5, 09 1:57 PM
memawclay2 wrote:That is a pure shame you couldn't get any satisfaction from . But SLG does stand by their games and at least now you can play.

Yep, I can finally play a game I bought a year ago, but I had to buy it twice...

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Dec 5, 09 3:04 PM
Judging by what other members have said regarding cs at BFG, and the limited interaction I've had with them myself, I would say this is an anomaly, and something is going on with your e-mail.
I've contacted them twice, received a prompt reply, and the problem was resolved to my satisfaction.
Funny things can happen to e-mails, especially on the server if they have filters. I have a *.edu e-mail address that routinely just loses/rejects e-mail. I only know this because whoever it was trying to contact me used alternate methods. I also have a Comcast account that has mail go missing; I know this because my father in law will call and ask me if I got the e-mail he sent.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Dec 5, 09 3:15 PM
I almost missed my one year anniversary gift, in fact I didn't open the confirmation email BFG sent me until about a week after the deadline. I contacted CS and asked if I could still receive the Felix the Fish and they said yes!....LOL. They responded quickly, which I wasn't expecting since I thought my "issue" wasn't a big deal. BFG went several steps further and gave me a game coupon!...LOL. I am delighted with this company!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 7, 09 7:19 AM
I too have had excellent, prompt support--and received game coupons when the difficulty was unresolvable.

As for emails: I had to go to my 'Net provider's website and tell it to deliver all my mail including those it thought were spam, tho labeling the latter as such. As a result, I now apparently get all my mail--and have to watch that when I send responses, I delete the "SPAM?:" that is often in the Subject line of a non-spam email.

Email is not yet a perfected technology, and I don't expect any email client, ISP receiving program, or spam filter to be perfect, either.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Dec 7, 09 9:22 AM
I'm also really sorry about your experience. Mine has been the absolute opposite from day one. I could never do the 'Live Chat' thing (my prob, not BFG'S) but they always answered promptly except for weekends (days off) helped me fix the problem and or credited my account when they couldn't. Sorry to lose you and wish you the best wherever you go.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jan 12, 10 7:23 AM
I also have had no problems contacting Customer Support, they are back to me almost Immediately with the help I need. When you send them a request, do you get back a conformation that they have your email and will get back to you with in 72 hours? If not, your email has gone south.
I love the help I get from Customer Service, I alway suprises me with the fast action that I get and is on going until
the problem is fixed.
Please don't give up on them until you find out why they are not getting your emails
I can guarantee that there is a problem with the email communictation and not that they have been ignoring you.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Mar 8, 10 1:04 AM
I don't do many posts but when i saw this i had to respond.
I have never received better customer support anywhere! In person or online.
I have TOTAL confidence in this company and the service it provides.
If the original poster is already gone, well that is a shame and I am sorry about the mix up.

But I wanted to make sure that anyone reading this topic was aware that this isn't how things usually work.

Very few things in life are as dependable as BFG/CS.

And for that BFG/CS, I thank you

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 8, 10 3:11 AM
I would just like to make a correction here we do NOT do "Live Chat" by clicking on the green envelope,that is for email support!

To do "Live Chat" we click on our 'Your Account' tab at the top of the page and then you will see the blue "Live Chat" box. When you click on it,you get an immediate response,keeping in mind that they are not in until 9:00 AM West Coast time. I am EST so I cannot contact them until noon my time,but that works out fine for me.

Also, 'ONLY' BFG Club Members have the option for 'Live Chat'! That is those of us who pay the $6.99 monthly membership fee that we get game club credits for.

Also I have received an immediate response via email on a 'Sunday night' as well,so we most certainly can contact CS on weekends!!!!!!

I am very satisfied with the CS at BFG,and think they are totally awesome,and very generous with free game coupons if they are not able to resolve a problem. I BFG CS,!

Edited on 03/08/2010 at 3:19:54 AM PST

Go to: