my game has frozen

[Post New]by mllyons on Nov 16, 09 12:59 PM
I have placed the golden mask on the doors and they will not open. My game is frozen. I have started another and again frozen at the same spot. Any ideas?

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:my game has frozen

[Post New]by bluedage on Oct 15, 10 10:42 PM
Judging by all the remarks on this game- this has happened to a bunch of us. My game froze on the demo on level 3. But if you read to posts - others got much farther with this game before it froze on them. Looks to me like the game itself has bugs galore.

[Post New]by grtgrandma on Jan 9, 11 8:47 PM
frozen

[Post New]by valslp on Jan 11, 11 2:56 PM
My game froze in level 9. What are we to do?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 11, 11 4:01 PM
Welcome to the pond grtgrandma and valslp!

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you've run into with Curse of the Pharaoh: The Quest for Nefertiti freezing. To get around this issue, it may help to run some updates for your system. More information can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble or have any questions on the steps in the help article, please contact our Customer Support team, and they'll be happy to assist further.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

jayel48
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jayel48 on Jul 25, 11 9:30 AM
My computer is completely up to date and so are my drivers and my directx. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It still won't let me back into the tomb room. I get the blank wall waiting for the head of the pharoh and, of course, I have already used it.
So, I conclude that the error is in the program. I am about to play the whole game again ubder a different name and see if that works.....If it doesn't, I'll be back.

[Post New]by sueiki on Oct 29, 11 2:35 PM
yes a bug in the same area for me. It gives narrations when you move your mouse over certain areas but the screen thing is down so am unable to continue.
My computer is completely up to date re all installments. Just a frustration. Did you find a solution?

[Post New]by lynnwhtd on Oct 30, 11 5:02 AM
Has to be a bug. I own the disc for this game. 1st time had to quit game at while in a tomb room expecting it to save and come back to same spot. 2nd time I had created a new name got farther into game and just before placing mask in place game goes back to map page. I believe I was able to continue because I hadn't placed mask yet. 3rd time I had entered Nefertiti's tomb and looked at journal to see if there was a clue and could not get back in. Conclusion is: don't quit game, go to journal, or go to map for any reason after entering a tomb.

pinkorred
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by pinkorred on Nov 22, 11 4:01 PM
Mine also has frozen at world 3, at world 9 on the next replay, and again at world 3 on the next replay. When I went to the technical help there were instructions, very technical and I did not understand a word of them. I am a techno-dinosaur, so that went right over my head. The only thing I can think of to do is begin all over again, don't leave the room, and sometimes that is impossible. So, there we are.

pinkorred
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by pinkorred on Nov 22, 11 7:16 PM
One thing I have noticed is that you cannot proceed, and it seems the game is frozen, when one or two items are not finished. That is, a coin remains hidden, or a piece of art is not placed where it belongs, or something like that. Look for the brilliant notice, and then more placed appear on the map. Hope this helps.

Go to: