Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Far Kingdoms: Sacred Grove Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 29, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 6:25:38 AM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Far Kingdoms: Sacred Grove Solitaire here.

[Post New]by mystine on Dec 29, 15 2:42 AM
Hello Fishies...I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas, and a beyond blessed 2016 Let me start by saying Im a Hidden Object/Adventure girl, but I do at times like a good solitaire game. As even big fans of solitaire know...just as in other genres..some can leave you a little underwhelmed. I got this game...demo unseen by using a free coupon that was about to expire and let me say this game does not let you down!! Its elves and magic and crystals to collect to help them rebuild their city which has been destroyed by an earthquake. After playing and collecting so many crystals you are able to restore one building or area. Its fun and engaging with lots of puzzle games and missions to accomplish that give you even more rewards. Some of the non solitaire puzzles are skippable. The colors and graphics are great, but what I really loved is the music. Its uplifting and appropiate, and moves up and down in crescendo depending on where you are in the game or how close you are to your goal. Give the demo a try...even if you dont have a coupon its well worth the price IMHO. Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 29, 15 3:10 AM
Thanks for the great review. I generally skip Solitaire games but after reading what you said....I'll give it a try. I have lots of coupons to use.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Dec 29, 15 3:42 AM
Thanks, mystine for recommending this card game. I, too, love hidden object games but when I need a break, I play card games. My favorite was Chronicles of Emmerland Solitaire but I think this will surpass Emmerland. I wish every one a joyous and prosperous New Year.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 29, 15 6:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Far Kingdoms: Sacred Grove Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Far Kingdoms: Sacred Grove Solitaire.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 29, 15 1:39 PM
I did get this with a coupon. I like this type of solitaire much more than matching pairs.
It is pretty much the same as any of the others.
I am enjoying it, but have a couple of negative comments...

Although the game remembers which design you use for the front of the card - it does not remember what you like to use for the backs.

It seems a bit easy. When getting pieces for your magical items, it does not seem to matter how many cards you have left - you still get it. In fact you never have to reply a level. I liked it much better when you were allowed a maximum of 4 cards left or had to replay.

Also - I wish it kept track of how many cards were left on each level - so you knew you which ones to go back and replay.

I don't think this is anywhere near as good as Emerland. But I am not sorry I got it. Nice mindless play.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Dec 30, 15 11:22 AM
Rehashed but pleasant solitaire game.

After playing several solitaire games with a similar storyline I was underwhelmed. Give the demo a whirl & see for yourself it this game is a new/exciting adventure for you.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 30, 15 4:32 PM
I actually don't mind this game - yes, somewhat mindless, but then it is only a solitaire game. If I don't get a "perfect" on each level, I will replay the level until I do. I always play in windowed mode, have no problems in either windowed or full screen. And since I have no new HOPA games to play (have been re-playing some older ones this past week) - hopefully there will be a new one tomorrow (Thursday !!)

anyway - graphics are really clear, I like the music and I just find it a quite relaxing way to spend an hour or so and I can come back to it whenever I feel the need for a few minutes of relaxation.

Best wishes from me in Canada to everyone for a very Happy and Healthy New Year. And for the 1st time in years, we are going out to celebrate and, alas, my poor Koko will have to spend NYE alone.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Dec 31, 15 7:56 PM
Happy News Years from CA.

I enjoy this game as well. Sometimes I replay levels to get perfects. Most of the time its not necessary to do so as far as I can tell it doesn't impact anything unless you didn't get all the crystals on a level. And the crystals possible are either 50 or 150 (if you get the 100 crystal card). So if your summary at the end of a round has 50 or 150 crystals on it. You don't need to play again.

My only grip with this is that you can't buy wild cards, and there some levels you just have to have them. So those yes I end up replaying some times many times before I either luck out and get a wild card or 2 or just the cards are good. These types of levels require combos of over 6. And if you have a combo of 9 or 10, you best have at least 2 wild cards.

Go to: