Mphunter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Mphunter on Mar 16, 18 8:56 AM
XMAS MONKEY IS ON VACATION?

Hi everyone

I'm having a problem trying to complete the Christmas Room achievement.
To get the (cute) Clever Monkey we must buy four items in the Christmas Room.
I did that several times with my old players at the old room, buying those books and one of the Christmas Tree.

But this year I decided to create a new player.
And with the new amazing Christmas Room, I have to collect more keys to finally complete the achievement. But I had an idea.
So, I unlocked the new room, bought the three books (1 shard each) and with another key I unlocked the old room. At this point my achievement says 3/4 items.

Unfortunately, the shard I spent with another book or the 5,000 coins to get a beautiful Christmas Tree didn't complete the last cup. I'm still with 3/4 items on that achievement.

A friend of mine decided to check this out for me, as she was at the same point and didn't get the monkey either. She spent three keys to unlock the pet platform at the new room and bought one of the items for 3,000 coins. The achievement (again) ignored the item purchased and she didn't get the baby monkey.

I don't understand what happened.
I wonder if the creation of the new room locked our chance to make that pet.
It doesn't matter if it was Christmas time or not. I usually had this achievement completed at any time.

I hope this can be fixed so I can finish the achievement and get my monkey's golden chest.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 16, 18 1:49 PM
Hello Mphunter,

I definitely understand reaching out. That Clever Monkey is really adorable! Unfortunately seasonal pets cannot be earned while their event is inactive, even if a player completes the achievement required to unlock them.

I do have some good news, though -- while we're not always able to do this, if you write in to the Midnight Castle Support Team with the game's Friend Code, they'll be able to add the Clever Monkey to your game.

Hopefully this information helps. Please don't hesitate to PM me if questions arise in the future. We're here to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

RBecker
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by RBecker on Mar 16, 18 9:46 PM
Hi, I have been playing Midnight Castle on PC. My friend code is 656044 and my screen name is BeeBee. I have been having issues when i use my pets. I have been getting a lot of Drop of Thirsts and very little else. I usually get something to complete quests. Is this an issue that anyone else has had or just me? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 17, 18 1:27 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Mphunter,

I definitely understand reaching out. That Clever Monkey is really adorable! Unfortunately seasonal pets cannot be earned while their event is inactive, even if a player completes the achievement required to unlock them.
bfgBeruna
Did this change with the creation of the Christmas Room 2? Because BEFORE that room was issued.....when the upgrades to the first Christmas Room were very expensive......players could work on getting the shards and coins during the year and then get the monkey during the year, upon completion of their 4 purchases.

If that is the case......does that now also apply to the Spring Butterfly (which requires crafting the Wreath of Spring 30 times)? ......players have always been able to receive gifted event items during the year .... and once they have received/secured all components necessary to craft a pet, they have been able to do so....including getting all the parts to craft 30 Wreath of Spring.

[Post New]by zimou13 on Mar 18, 18 8:02 PM
Hi. I just started playing this game while waiting (hopefully!) for content updates in Hidden Worlds!
Please add me as friend.... i355965.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 1:25:32 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 19, 18 8:54 AM
Zimou, welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid this is the wrong thread for finding iOS friends - nobody on pc will be able to be friends with you since we can't cross to other platforms. There is a thread just for iOS players looking for friends:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1640/275474.page

Also, since I am on iOS, I looked up the friend code you gave & it says "inactive ". I doubt you will get any invitations with that name. Are you sure you got the code right?

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 8:56:27 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by leloaouo on Mar 20, 18 4:30 AM

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 1:26:52 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 20, 18 2:41 PM
Hi RBecker and Annelliegram,

Thanks for reaching out with those questions! Let's go over them one at a time.

RBecker: When a character quest is active that requires a particular item (like the Drop of Thirst), the game's drop rates tend to favor that item. It may help in this case to turn in any active quests that ask for a Drop of Thirst. This should help increase the drop rate for other types of items. If there aren't any active quests requiring that item at the moment, please go ahead and let our Midnight Castle Support Team know what's happening so we can better look into the situation.

Annelliegram: As a general rule, seasonal pets earned through crafting are available outside of the designated event time. Seasonal pets linked to an achievement, however, may be locked after the event closes for the year. To our knowledge, the Christmas and Spring event pets should be available when the event itself isn't active. If this ends up not being the case or if there are any troubles obtaining the pets in the coming Spring Event, please let us know.

Please feel free to reach out to one of our active Moderators with any additional questions. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 20, 18 2:41 PM
Hi RBecker and Annelliegram,

Thanks for reaching out with those questions! Let's go over them one at a time.

RBecker: When a character quest is active that requires a particular item (like the Drop of Thirst), the game's drop rates tend to favor that item. It may help in this case to turn in any active quests that ask for a Drop of Thirst. This should help increase the drop rate for other types of items. If there aren't any active quests requiring that item at the moment, please go ahead and let our Midnight Castle Support Team know what's happening so we can better look into the situation.

Annelliegram: As a general rule, seasonal pets earned through crafting are available outside of the designated event time. Seasonal pets linked to an achievement, however, may be locked after the event closes for the year. To our knowledge, the Christmas and Spring event pets should be available when the event itself isn't active. If this ends up not being the case or if there are any troubles obtaining the pets in the coming Spring Event, please let us know.

Please feel free to reach out to one of our active Moderators with any additional questions. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by RGClark on Mar 20, 18 9:53 PM
Please help. The Spring Room keeps saying that it won't be available until next Spring. Spring has arrived and it still will not open Spring Terrace. What is going on or am I doing something wrong ? Please Help.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 21, 18 10:00 AM
RGClark wrote:Please help. The Spring Room keeps saying that it won't be available until next Spring. Spring has arrived and it still will not open Spring Terrace. What is going on or am I doing something wrong ? Please Help.
Spring has not arrived at Midnight Castle......Spring will "arrive" when the Spring Event is pushed to players via a download......

The advent of the Spring Event has no relevance to when Spring actually arrives on the calendar.

[Post New]by KatieDidNot on Mar 21, 18 3:05 PM
I still have friends that I cannot send a gift to. I tried the prior fix you posted, didn't work. Now what? Playing on PC

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 21, 18 3:14 PM
Hello RGClark and KatieDidNot,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues you've experienced in the game. Thank you Annelliegram for answering RGClark's question about the Spring Event. We haven't yet announced or activated the Spring Event, but I can assure our players that as soon as we hear it's available to enjoy, there will be an update made to our announcements discussing that.

KatieDidNot, I'm sorry to hear that there are some friends that appear to be unable to be gifted to. This could mean that they don't have a Wish List to gift items towards. Some players do not request items, so they cannot be given gifts, which may be why some of your friends are unable to be gifted to. If the players in question have a wish list to gift towards, but there seems to be trouble actually gifting them the specific item on their wish list, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with those details. Our Reps will be sure to follow up with any additional questions or information they may need as soon as they can.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Zyrec123 on Mar 21, 18 11:42 PM

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 9:16:38 AM PST

[Post New]by minorcamum on Mar 22, 18 7:03 AM
Changing to new PC
Will be picking up a new PC tomorrow as my old machine is on its last legs and want to know what I need to do to transfer my game over to the new computer.
My user ID is 177847 user name Minorcamum.
I have invested way too much time and effort in the game to loose it

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 22, 18 1:45 PM
Hello minorcamum,

It makes perfect sense to want to be prepared for a transfer of your progress to a new PC. Since you have your current Friend Code, I want to provide the way to get prepared to transfer this progress with our Support Team.

So, with that Friend Code, all you will need to do on the new computer is download and install Midnight Castle and find the new Friend Code once you are able to access that area of the game. You may need to play a bit before you can reach the moment to retrieve that Friend Code.

Once you have the new code, reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with both of these codes and indicate which code is associated with the original progress and which code you want to transfer that progress to. Our Reps will be sure to transfer that progress as soon as they possibly can.

One of the limitations of our team's transfer tools is that a Friend List will be unable to be transferred. So it may also help to make note of the Friend Codes of the friends you'd like to keep, so you can readily re-invite your friends to your new friend's list. It can also help to make note of your current inventory, gold coins, pets and avatars earned or unlocked, latest level achieved, and diamonds available. This way, should there be trouble with transferring, our Reps can restore your progress to as close as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is able to help clarify that we definitely can assist with transferring that progress. Don't hesitate to contact me directly if there are further questions. I'm happy to listen and help out as best I can!

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by bittyitty on Mar 22, 18 3:29 PM
HI! I AM NOT YELLING, I NEED CAPS TO SEE. OK WHEN I GO INTO MY FRIENDS TO SEE WHO IS ON AND TO GIFT, I CAN ONLY GO ABOUT 3 PAGES IN AND THEN I CAN NOT CLICK ON ANY OF MY FRIENDS EVEN IF THEY ARE ONLINE, IT WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING, I USED TO BE ABLE TO GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH MY FRIENDS AND CLICK ON THEM. I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO CLICK ON ALL OF MY FRIENDS THAT ARE ONLINE NOT JUST TWO OR THREE PAGES OF FRIENDS, CAN YOU FIX IT OR TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 IT CAME WITH THE LAPTOP, I NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE AND I AM ON LEVEL 84 RUNNING GOOGLE CHROME NOT SURE IF THAT WILL HELP, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND YOUR HELP..... SO SORRY I FORGOT TO LEAVE MY NUMBER FOR MY GAME : 521275 IT WILL BE SHARON RANDOL IN THE GAME NAME

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 1:42:24 PM PST

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 23, 18 12:10 AM
Hello:

I have just downloaded the Spring Event and began to play. I have already achieved the new achievements; however, when I click on the achievement to receive my reward the screen "dulls" and "Please Wait" appears. The screen will then freezes. I have to close the area.

I tried clicking on my avatar to change it and also tried to add a message to my game name bar. Both actions have the same result - the screen "dulls", I receive the message "Please Wait" and then the screen freezes.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 12:11:13 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by kolomomy on Mar 23, 18 3:17 AM

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 10:27:11 AM PST

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 23, 18 5:17 AM
virginiabreeze wrote:Hello:

I have just downloaded the Spring Event and began to play. I have already achieved the new achievements; however, when I click on the achievement to receive my reward the screen "dulls" and "Please Wait" appears. The screen will then freezes. I have to close the area.

I tried clicking on my avatar to change it and also tried to add a message to my game name bar. Both actions have the same result - the screen "dulls", I receive the message "Please Wait" and then the screen freezes.

I have since re-downloaded the game. The problem has been fixed.

Go to: