nixe2000
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Blooming Oasis - New Offer Dec 2015

[Post New]by nixe2000 on Dec 29, 15 3:42 AM
We got a brandnew offer. You have to play in Bellows Manor, Time of Knights and Venice. The Pharao appears in Bellows Manor. There will be a dragon, but I don't know yet how much it needs.
For the 4th artifact you need 30 Ibis feathers from the Pharao, but they can also be purchased with coins. The 35 salamander lamps you will either get from helping the creatures in your neighbours places or you will have to buy them with crystals, 1 crystal for each salamander lamp. All charges can be put on the wishlist.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:Blooming Oasis - New Offer Dec 2015

[Post New]by mommerj on Dec 29, 15 7:20 AM
Thanks for sharing the information. It's nice to have a new offer.

iamcrisco
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by iamcrisco on Dec 29, 15 7:48 AM
For me so far: the first 2 artifacts dropped in 1-2 searches which was nice - The scarab ring took 3 times and 4 of my tarra cards. Ankh only took 1 search. Whip is tough took 4-5 searches. Also with all those searches I only received 2 crystal rings to feed to the pharaoh. Can't tell if the pharaoh is stingy yet but he only dropped 1 of the 2 assists I gave him rings for.

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 9:40:16 AM PST

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Dec 29, 15 1:45 PM
Hi

Dragon is needing 22,500 a neighbour has informed me but don't know how many times you can feed it.

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 1:47:32 PM PST

iamcrisco
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by iamcrisco on Dec 29, 15 3:28 PM
deadme wrote:Hi

Dragon is needing 22,500 a neighbour has informed me but don't know how many times you can feed it.

45 times and I think you have 1.45 - 2 hours to feed the beast.

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 3:46:36 PM PST

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 29, 15 3:41 PM
deadme wrote:Hi

Thanks deadme. Man that's a lot of food.

Katwoman991
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Katwoman991 on Dec 29, 15 9:37 PM
FYI
In the gift selection the " Scrarab Ring" is shown as a free gift item - this is actually part of the Power Symbol Artifact.
Good luck all & Happy New Year
Kat

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 29, 15 11:54 PM
There are a lot of good things falling from searching the rooms including both dragon foods. And not as many ghosts as in other quest. Artifacts are dropping quite easily.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Dec 30, 15 6:49 AM
Hi Fishes

Blooming Oasis room was a bit tricky to begin with but was a real easy room to play in. I used Nautilus Pallium and my pet dragon Eterious fed full a few bells to begin with. 1st item took 3 tries so used my cards to help and the rest of the 1st artifact items dropped on 1st searches. 2nd artifact was nearly the same just 1 item took 2 tries to drop otherwise the drop rate was great .

Just a couple of tricky items to find basket and harp. Also remember to look behind the curtains for some items. Was a real fun room to play.

Good Luck Everyone

gamegirl8
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gamegirl8 on Dec 30, 15 1:45 PM
This is definitely one of my favorite rooms - maybe because it brings me back to my two trips to Egypt.
The items are room appropriate for the most part & they were not too difficult to find. There were a few items that were named strangely (in my opinion) sometimes & the basket was a little tricky, but I like some challenge.

The drop rate was reasonable, though I didn't have as much good luck as nixe2000.

Overall, wonderful offer I completely enjoyed! This might be a room I will continue to play a few times even though I've finished the offer.

Thanks, Devs!!

MzKandie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MzKandie on Dec 30, 15 3:33 PM
The Pharaoh Treasure contains,
100 Silver cards
100 Gold cards
5 Paranormal traps
5 Fiery Seals
1 Eighth Wonder of the World
1 Nutritous Dew
1 mizz.. knife
1 Scale weight
1 Symbol of unity
1 Cardboard
1 Black hole
3 Magic nectar
1 Amber charm
7 Crystal harp
1 Star
3 Phase watches
7 Azure grapes
5 Solar lamps
5 Hammer of Thor
5 bells
3 mag. glasses
5 Dragon tablets
8Summoning scrolls
1 Hairpin
5 Dragon coins
5 Old Amphora
1 yellow sapphire
5 Latin scroll
15000 coins
5 gems

DraperLady
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by DraperLady on Dec 30, 15 4:00 PM
We seem to have a new writer on this offer who liberally made up new names for the places we know: the study is now the office; the tilt yard is now the stadium; and the celestial stables are the heavenly stables.

Have you noticed (those of you who actually care to read the stupid plot lines) that in this offer more than the usual number of sentences just end in mid-stream? The lack of care that playme8's writers display never ceases to amaze AND amuse me.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 30, 15 4:32 PM
DraperLady wrote:We seem to have a new writer on this offer who liberally made up new names for the places we know: the study is now the office; the tilt yard is now the stadium; and the celestial stables are the heavenly stables.

Have you noticed (those of you who actually care to read the stupid plot lines) that in this offer more than the usual number of sentences just end in mid-stream? The lack of care that playme8's writers display never ceases to amaze AND amuse me.

LOL Draper I did notice the new names for the rooms.

ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by ratchetr on Dec 30, 15 6:09 PM
DraperLady wrote:Have you noticed (those of you who actually care to read the stupid plot lines) that in this offer more than the usual number of sentences just end in mid-stream? The lack of care that playme8's writers display never ceases to amaze AND amuse me.

I didn't notice, but that's probably because I was very.

Fun room. I would give it

The harp looks too much like the flute sometimes, but I suppose that was by design.

Devs!!!

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Dec 31, 15 9:48 AM
If you look at the devs' own Playme8 site, they have a standing invitation for freelance developers. I'm going to have a guess that some of the name changes are from freelance developers who maybe don't speak either Russian or English, but are using dictionaries/translators to navigate between languages. This can make some very interesting translations...

Love it!

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 31, 15 10:34 AM
Took me a few go rounds to figure out what "inverted" was. Yea, I can be slow under pressure.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Jan 2, 16 7:25 AM
Playing the room was a bit challenging, but totally doable.

I had no difficulty collecting enough salamander lamps through visiting my neighbours and "helping" the Pharaoh over three days. I only have 52 neighbours in total, with about 8 sleeping. I've even managed to get a head start on the next time this comes through, I've got about 4 extra lamps at the moment. I'll probably wait to take the chest so I can collect a few more.

I didn't bother trying to collect the ibis feather, since I have MORE than enough coins to buy them with.

Finished the offer at 32% Grand Master with 2 hours left and about a half hour break in the middle.

aventeux
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by aventeux on Jan 2, 16 10:17 AM
I really enjoyed this room, it looks nice and most of the objects are easy to see (only the harp and the basket gave me trouble). I played round and round and needed 3 hours and 5 minutes to finish the offer. I had a lot of ghosts, but maybe it's because I chose the daily challenge to chase away ghosts.

I used a Nautilus Pallium, a few bells and no talisman increasing the odds of finding an object.

Bellows Manor, Times of knights, Venice :
- 8 objects require a specific mode
- on average 2.5 room searches per object
- By playing round and round until I assembled the third artifact, I collected 23 'crystal rings' (to feed the creature at Bellows Manor), and 36 'clay tablets' (to feed the creature at neighbours' places).

Creature at Bellows Manor :
- I helped 44 'Pharaohs Amnitep' to collect the 30 'ibis feathers' (with quest only).
- Total of creatures helped : 197
- Summoning scrolls used : 22
- Gold spent on creature helpers : 225,000 coins
- Energy used on creatures : 2910
You'll notice it is a lot cheaper (and faster) to just buy the ibis feathers.
(1 ibis feather = 1,000 coins ; 5 crystal rings = 35 crystals)

Creature at neighbours' places :
- I helped 94 'Pharaoh Amnitep' to get the 35 'Salamander Lamps' (with quest only).
- I needed 2 days of visiting my 93 neighbours to collect all the salamander lamps.
(1 salamander lamp = 1 crystal ; 35 clay tablets = 35,000 coins)

Expedition room 'Blooming Oasis' :
- 3 quests to banish a phenomenon (the first quest is specific and refers to the white ghost, the other two worked with different phenomena)
- 5 objects require a specific mode
- on average 2.8 room searches per object.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Jan 2, 16 6:47 PM
Thank you MzKandie for listing the chest contents. Aventeux, your detailed descriptions are always so helpful.

I'm always excited to open a new room. The oasis did not disappoint. It was beautiful, bright and colorful not dark and gloomy. Items were well and cleverly placed not just made teensy and stuffed in the background. I wish whoever created this room would have designed parts of Japan. Objects were appropriate to the theme which I found refreshing. I used a NP, not because the room was so difficult but because I wanted to take my time and enjoy it. Thanks developers for a lovely experience!

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Jan 3, 16 5:05 AM
I enjoyed this room, too. Very pretty.

Also, it contains one of the most amusing dodgy translations that I've come across. Pharaoh bib. I mean, really? Pharaoh bib? Makes me laugh every time.

(And in case of different usage of English, a bib in the UK nowadays is generally the thing you tie round a baby's neck to catch food spillage.)

Go to: