Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Soft Releases?

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Dec 29, 15 7:23 AM
I keep running across Soft Releases, like this game, by accident. I have been a BFG member for several years. Does anyone know if there is a way to find other Soft Releases that I might not know about? Several weeks ago some members mentioned some other Soft Release games on another forum, and there was a series of 3 games that all came out a long time ago, that turned out to be really good. I appreciate anyone's help with this. I have a few coupons left that I would like to use, and I thought there might be some SE games that I would like to get but don't know how to find them if they were Soft Releases. You may send me a private message if you don't want to break any possible rules here on the Forum. Thank you.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Soft Releases?

[Post New]by sunshinej on Dec 29, 15 10:09 AM
A couple soft releases that I thought were pretty good were...Fall of the New Age & The Emptiness.

I'll send you a PM on a forum site that has kept track of soft releases from 2015 & 2014.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 29, 15 12:44 PM
Rob, I understand where you are coming from.
It took me a while to realize that there was often a 'quiet' release of a second game, over on the left hand side of the Big Fish Home Page for PC games.
Since then, I remembered to check the main page, at least once everyday.

I second your opinion Rob, that Big Fish should have a Soft Release Collection Page. and think that perhaps we customers should ask them for one, or, how to find such a page if it exist.

Releases such as The Last Dream, should not get lost in the amazing amount of games that are produced in each year.....and I for one, am hoping that word of mouth gets out about this unique game. It might fit the category of 'Casual Gaming; but the Story Driven might be a better category for it.....because it is the story that MAKES one want to complete the game and help this man get to his wife.

There is an emotional content that is in the game, that really doesn't exist in most Casual Games where a "lost" significant other meme is a regular theme of the games. You genuinely FEEL for the man and his quest.

and, I just realized I was writing a revue, and transferred the bulk of my post to another venue....lol!

The Emptiness was another game that was quite unique in perspective and the way the game was organized.......and it shows, why the smaller Independent Companies should have their games seen.....so that we don't become jaded by seeing the same themes over and over again.

It had some genuinely nice twists on a horror story format, that I found quite intriguing and left the conclusion up to the player.

It also had some genuinely frightening "jump out of your chair" moments that make a warning about the game being frightening, quite plausible. I certainly would not drinking anything while playing THAT game.

The Last Dream doesn't need that kind of warning at all.....except, for not missing a true gaming gem.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Dec 29, 15 5:20 PM
Thanks to each of you for your replies and suggestions. I do have The Emptiness and Fall of the New Age, which were both good, and I think I found those by accident also. Since I do look at the PC home page every day, I will now try to pay more attention to looking for the Soft Releases. Thanks again.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 5, 16 1:38 AM
It's interesting really, how BF comes upon their soft releases, many of which have been such huge hits (City of Fools comes to mind, which was not only a game hit but also a forum full of wonderful-ness), yet they still seem to shy away from the original and/or the adventure only. I have loved the living heck out of all of the adventure-only games offered (and I usually pay for those, not use a coupon) yet there are so few of them here - everything seems centered on Eipix. Other sites carry these games, and I understand that City of Fools 2 (and also Green Moon 2!!!) will be carried by a place called, um, what happens when you boil water, many months before here (if they even choose BF at all). Then again, I have found the uh, "after-a-shower effect" site difficult to navigate and locate games I am interested in, so there's that of course. Any who, I would call this game a wonderful morph of adventure and HO that I crave more of!!! (And if you'll look at tomorrow's game, it is something that my 7 year old nephew could program in an hour!). Would it kill BF to offer more of this type of game?!

Go to: