New Orleans

[Post New]by greydame on Dec 29, 15 6:41 PM
I am in New Orleans & have been trying NOT to use all my boosts, also NOT to spend actual money. Has anyone else noticed that by doing those things that it is IMPOSSIBLE to win 2 or more levels anymore? It seems that Gummy Drop has changed for the worst & is certainly NOT the same game that used to be so much fun. It also seems IMPOSSIBLE to build up your gold coins just by simply playing the game. Snap out of it Gummy Drop, not everyone is a game playing genius.

cici0703
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:New Orleans

[Post New]by cici0703 on Dec 30, 15 8:29 AM
New Orleans is by far harder than the previous levels. Unfortunately, you will have to use boosts & quite often. I too, don't like to spend real money, when I get low on coins, I'll go back to previous cities & play levels I haven't completed (you'll be surprised how much easier & enjoyable they seem after having started NO), also, collect resources from your resource factories in Sydney, you can't use them for gems but you can sell them to the resource center for coins, albeit, not a lot of coins but every bit helps when you're in New Orleans!

I also complete the daily event (unless it's Sydney or Tokyo because I've completed those cities), I can complete levels to collect coins & usually the reward are worth it, shovels, earthquakes, waterfalls, etc.; boosts I don't want to spend coins on but sure come in handy!

Btw - I'm in Los Angeles now & it's been rather difficult as well!

Hope this helps & good luck!!!

~CiCi

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 30, 15 9:18 AM
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that there is trouble getting through certain parts of New Orleans without using boosts and actual money. Thank you cici0703 for your tips and suggestions on going back to previous cities when you get low on coins as well as using resources from factories. That type of information is extremely helpful and appreciated.

greydame, we will definitely pass along this feedback to the team that works closely with the developers. If you find that you are having issues with city specific levels, we ask that players post in that designated thread. Other players as well as the Moderation Team may have hints and tips on how to progress through that specific level. You will find that the Moderation Team plays through these levels for the players and offers tips without the purchase of boosts. I'll include the links to the main city directory thread as well as the New Orleans one below:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND HINTS

New Orleans - Level Help

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by greydame on Dec 31, 15 7:05 AM
Thank you cici for your answer, but I have finished all cities from Sydney thru Berlin, still struggling thru New Orleans tho. Here's hoping !

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Jan 1, 16 4:56 AM
Been in NOL for nearly 2 weeks and have only reached LV 65. It is extremely difficult even on the intern level and unlike the previous cities rarely do you get the goal items on this level. I play to have fun and relax not to be frustrated. I play on a PC and was hoping for fixes and upgrades like the mobile platforms which would make it more enjoyable before I quit the game. We have been totally ignored by BFG and Game Forest. It has been over 3 months for PC players while the mobile platforms are getting new upgrade every few weeks. Obviously PC customers are not valued or a high priority with either company. In 2015 BF discontinued supporting many FTP games it looks like this will be another one.

Insane2U
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Insane2U on Feb 13, 16 10:16 PM
I too play Gummy Drop on a PC...and New Orleans is a bear. I believe they have quit making additional cities for the PC version, so only another 2 after New Orleans...or so I've read.
I have posted a couple of times that the programmers need to get over themselves. It's not about how hard you can make it, it's how fun. A little challenge is okay, but making a level impossible, especially at the intern level is ridiculous.

[Post New]by serenity0116 on Feb 14, 16 12:26 PM
I can not figure out how to get through level 16. any tips?

Go to: