No Trial

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

No Trial

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 17, 09 12:19 AM
I wish there was a way we could have some sort of trial of these large file games.You never know the difficulty level or length of the game.

A bit like buying a pig in a poke.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:No Trial

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 17, 09 12:33 AM
For games like this I google to find and read reviews. Also, YouTube may have more video available.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Nov 17, 09 1:02 AM
There are almost never demos for these. Just find a reviewer whose opinion you respect and go with that.

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Nov 17, 09 1:13 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 8:24:21 PM PST

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 09 1:15 AM
The reviews I've seen look pretty positive.

I just wish there was a way you could try out the interface in advance - sometimes the mouse controls are quite difficult - it's a personal thing - I've bought adventure games in the past and although they look interesting I've found them impossible to play.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Nov 17, 09 1:42 AM
With large files BFG does not offer a free trial. So, you have to do a lot of research on google to find game reviews. There are some positive ones but there are more giving the game a thumbs down.

Alot of reviewers were annoyed at the "archaic nonsensical" mini-games & the fact there are timed portions, you CAN die.

No thanks.

I generally like a game that I won't get stressed out playing, instead can do it at my own pace.

This may be a good type of game for some, unfortunately not me.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Nov 17, 09 1:55 AM
There is a demo available. You can find it by googling the name of the game and adding the word demo at the end of the name.

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Nov 17, 09 2:01 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 8:24:49 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 17, 09 2:19 AM
Hopefully you can save often, so when you die you can pick up almost where you left off. I personally don't like games where you die, because it makes them stressful, trying to avoid all the pitfalls instead of freely exploring.

Anyway, I'd like to try it to make sure it works on my puter.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 17, 09 3:10 AM
No trial demo, no sale.

Not because I'm afraid of buying a pig in a poke - but because I have an elderly PC & need to make sure the game works before I buy. About 12% do not.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Nov 17, 09 3:36 AM
Just viewed a YouTube about the game. I'm so torn since this is a Benoit Sokal creation & I so love his Syberia games.

If someone has a link to a reliable (safe) demo site, please PM me. There are a lot of sketchy sites out there & I don't want to give my system the flu

Cheers!

Edited on 11/17/2009 at 3:36:35 AM PST

twentz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by twentz on Nov 17, 09 3:42 AM
flyingsquirrely wrote:This is a 360 game. If you would like to download a trial send me a PM and I will send you a link.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 17, 09 4:08 AM
no trial...no purchase x x

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 17, 09 4:20 AM
I think the same as everyone else. If could give us at least 30min to play I'm sure they would sell a lot more large file games.I hate having to look at all the other reviews to decide if I want to spend money on the game. I probably won't buy this game because I hate games w/ 360 movements. O' well I just hope tomorrows game is something I like better!

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Nov 17, 09 4:40 AM
That is one of the best things about , in my opinion, though. If it doesn't work on your computer, and customer service and/or tech supposrt can't help you get it to work, they'll give you your money back! So, if it's just worrying about whether or not it will work, that may ease your mind a bit.

That said, I don't like the 360degree thing, either. It makes me also.

But I know some of our fishies will love it!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 17, 09 5:06 AM
If there's no demo for a LFG here just try the following:

If does not give you the developer, google it. When you found out, go to the developer's website - I'm sure in most cases you can download a demo there. The developer's website should be safe anyway.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Nov 17, 09 5:27 AM
You die?!
Now I am not so sure, I played both an X-Files game and this Titanic: Adventure Out of Time game and when the character died, I wanted the games out of the house immediately.... I was about 16, drove my mother crazy, still do actually
I loved Syberia, so I am not sure, I will have to find a demo first.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Nov 17, 09 5:41 AM
JessF wrote:No trial demo, no sale.

Not because I'm afraid of buying a pig in a poke - but because I have an elderly PC & need to make sure the game works before I buy. About 12% do not.

same issue here.

but i did really love siberia . as soon as i saw the video i thought this reminds me a lot of siberia.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Nov 17, 09 5:48 AM
gemangus wrote:same issue here.

but i did really love siberia . as soon as i saw the video i thought this reminds me a lot of siberia.

'cept u don't DIE in Siberia

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Nov 17, 09 6:26 AM
i'm downloading a demo from another website. i don't really like 360 degree wiews, but i'll give it a try.I love large file!

Go to: