More than upset

lostinwyo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

More than upset

[Post New]by lostinwyo on Dec 29, 15 8:04 PM
I don't know if any body else is having this problem,but, me I'm more than upset over this,the 27th I played 6 rounds,no gift boxes,28th I played 10 rounds,no gift boxes,today -29th I played another 10 round and no gift boxes,how the (HE-double tooth picks) can you get your acheivements that way?? I have tried every way I can think of to get those "BLASTED GIFT BOXES" going slow,going fast,going in order,nothing works,If any body has a suggestion on how to get them,anything is worth a try,I got 40+ to get my avatar and at this rate,It ain't gonna happen

LIW

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:More than upset

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 29, 15 8:34 PM
I have no answers....but....I do understand the dismay of the box drop.....I too have had just 1 box over the last 3 days solid.....5 rounds of 64 HOS's average over those days too.......prior to that I did get 40 over two days......the 25-26......same ammount of rounds 5 or so for each of those days...........so it may be in waves or ebbs n flows......other than that.....I AM ROOTIN IN YOUR CORNER!!!......i got yer 6.....and we'll get em........cheers **D@NgeR** out

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 29, 15 9:13 PM
Sadly, I fear the game is most unforgiving when one totally runs out of an item....little pink boxes included.

I ran out of Unique stamps early in the game when I first started.....didn't see one for 3 days of constant playing. I cherished it, nurtured it, and DID NOT USE IT......gradually more of those lil darlin's started to fall.

Alas, I fear that if you allow yourself to totally use up the pink boxes, the game becomes very stingy with them (as it does with other items).

Unfortunately, there is no solution to the pink box issue.....unique stamps could be gifted to help build supply....Gift for a Friend boxes must fall from the grace of the HOS gods.

(I did not use up all of my boxes.....and they have continued to fall at the same rate of 1 per 37 HOSs visited.)

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Dec 29, 15 10:18 PM
My rate is exactly the same, about 1 per 37 HOS. I just got the 1000th box yesterday and at the time I had done 36,883HOS. Some rounds they don't drop at all and other times I get 3-4 in a row but in general the average stays the same.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Dec 30, 15 3:38 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Sadly, I fear the game is most unforgiving when one totally runs out of an item....little pink boxes included.

I ran out of Unique stamps early in the game when I first started.....didn't see one for 3 days of constant playing. I cherished it, nurtured it, and DID NOT USE IT......gradually more of those lil darlin's started to fall.

Alas, I fear that if you allow yourself to totally use up the pink boxes, the game becomes very stingy with them (as it does with other items).

Unfortunately, there is no solution to the pink box issue.....unique stamps could be gifted to help build supply....Gift for a Friend boxes must fall from the grace of the HOS gods.

(I did not use up all of my boxes.....and they have continued to fall at the same rate of 1 per 37 HOSs visited.)

Unfortunately, the game can still be unforgiving to some of us who have some pink boxes still. I had 700 plus when the gifting first started and have kept my level high (no, I am not going to use them even though I have dozens of names requesting gifting friendship - this in itself worries me but that is another problem) but am still counting myself lucky if I receive one or two new boxes a day - although I suppose that is a high level as far as these boxes are concerned. Like others I have always worked on the principle that keeping levels of everything high assured that I would still receive them in reasonable quantity. But this part of the game has been omitted as far as my pink boxes are concerned.

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Dec 30, 15 4:19 AM
It always seems when you need any item the most...that's when
they stop giving them to you!
Probably just to keep you from making those achievements
too fast. The devs seem to have a hard time keeping ahead
of us, especially those of us that are SO ADDICTED to this
darn game!!! Lol!

Hang in there and keep at it!!! Just try to enjoy the
"Thrill of the chase "!!!

With sympathy!!!
Debchet

di4cherry
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by di4cherry on Dec 30, 15 6:50 AM
Try putting the medallion you receive from gifting into your wish list. I had around 1500 gift boxes when this started. I still have gift boxes left but I have been gifting the medallions to my friends on the friends list.
Diva Diana

lostinwyo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lostinwyo on Dec 30, 15 8:33 AM
Thank you every one for the and support,gonna give it another go around and see what happens lots of going back to you all
LIW

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Dec 30, 15 8:42 AM
I understand your frustration; since I began playing this game I have had these boxes; I had nearly 2000 of them in my store before they began this idea of using them - then the number I had magically dropped to 627. And since then I have not had ONE drop from a HOS. I am down to my last 50 now, so being very stingy - only giving them to people who have supported me well in the past, as opposed to everyone on my friend list. And you are right; it is just like when you do a HOS and you don't get what you wanted if it is not a quest; instead of the triangular eye, for eg, you get the totally useless Harpy feather. Defeats the idea of any strategy. Bah humbug, going to go and thump Tiny Tim now!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 30, 15 9:53 AM
LIW, I know this isn't going to make you feel better, but the achievements weren't meant to be completed this year. Somewhere a mod had posted that. It's only natural that we want all the Christmas stuff now, me included. But I don't think that was the intention of the devs. That's just another hook in the game....keep the players busy all year collecting those pink gift boxes for next Christmas. That way the devs don't have to come up with totally new ideas for the season.

I expect we'll find something similar for the Spring theme. Suns and lilies that were dropping like rain will suddenly dry up.

I know how it is when you want something so badly and the game isn't cooperating. Please take care that you don't allow something out of your control to frustrate you. We know the drop rate has slowed way, way down intentionally...maybe it'll pick back up after the holiday or maybe we'll be allowed to gift the gift boxes.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Dec 30, 15 11:06 AM
I have to agree with WB.... Before the Dev's came up with an idea for the Gift Boxes, they seemed to drop on a regular basis. Now that they have been activated, they have gone the way of the Immortal Treasure... few and far between. Hopefully, once the event is over, they will start dropping again. I know that it won't help those who are trying to get the achievement this year and that can be very frustrating, but.... hopefully, they will start dropping again and players can start to hoard them for next year... unless the Devs come up with something else that will require them. Then... it's up to the player on how to use them... hoard or give?
Even if some can not get Mrs. Claus this year, you can at least get the pets. Just put the Medallion on your wish list.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

gadget88
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by gadget88 on Dec 30, 15 11:30 AM
It's true, no gift boxes to be had, may get one package under the tree, so it's everyone who are not getting the box...stupid to have the whole Christmas room about gifts under the tree and none to gift. Another frustration to add to this pull hair out game.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Dec 30, 15 1:09 PM
On this subject; does anyone know or can reasonably estimate how many players have actually completed the Hometown Santa achievement? Based on what I'm seeing here in the Forums, I guess that only the "early adopter superplayers" have been able to do so, by which I mean the three-or-more-times-a-day players who also began playing within the first few months of the game's release and who have never taken a major break.

Astra

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Dec 30, 15 1:17 PM
I started this game about mid October. I never saw flowers, just pumpkins and gift boxes which I had no idea what to do with. Soon they turned to snowflakes. I didn't have as many gifts to give out as I would have liked to but friends have been generous.
I haven't seen gift boxes in days even though I play several times a day playing rounds and scenes to move the game. I thought they were gone for this season and the gifts I receive are from older players ( game time not age). What I am finding frustrating too is the same scene is needed 4-5 times for some tasks. I assume this only gets worse as friends who were level 68 when I started are still at that level today.
The avatar is out of reach for me this year and probably the last Xmas pet, the Gnome, as I still need 32 more Santa medallions. There is always next year. I just achieved level 26 yesterday and am totally addicted.
Thanks Diva Diana, you have been generous even when I couldn't return the gift.
Char
i1459245

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Dec 30, 15 1:39 PM
Astra02 wrote:On this subject; does anyone know or can reasonably estimate how many players have actually completed the Hometown Santa achievement? Based on what I'm seeing here in the Forums, I guess that only the "early adopter superplayers" have been able to do so, by which I mean the three-or-more-times-a-day players who also began playing within the first few months of the game's release and who have never taken a major break.

Astra

I don't agree with that. I started playing exactly a year ago, as last year's Xmas event was finishing. For 2-3 months at first I was playing a lot, doing many rounds every day, but then throughout the summer I almost stopped playing. I would log in, do a couple of quests but no more than that. I started playing again more seriously just before the fall event. When the Xmas event started I had 920 pink boxes and after many rounds these past month I reached the 1000.
I would think that most of the players that have reached level 60 and above should have made the acheivement or at least be quite close to it.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 1:40:02 PM PST

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Dec 30, 15 1:58 PM
Regarding numbers of gift boxes, I started playing in September 2014, and at the start of this Christmas event, I was on level 58 and had 474 gift boxes. I put one under each friend's tree each day, ( that's the friends who have opened their Christmas rooms, of course!) and have 128 left to give. So, I have gained 37 since the event started. I am now on level 60, just 80 points to go up to 61.

I don't think I will gain this achievement this time round, based on the above numbers. However, at least we now have a use for the pink boxes, and I will happily collect them for Christmas 2016, knowing they have a use!

Happy 2016 to everyone in the Castle!
Val UK

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Dec 30, 15 2:42 PM
Astra02 wrote:On this subject; does anyone know or can reasonably estimate how many players have actually completed the Hometown Santa achievement? Based on what I'm seeing here in the Forums, I guess that only the "early adopter superplayers" have been able to do so, by which I mean the three-or-more-times-a-day players who also began playing within the first few months of the game's release and who have never taken a major break.

Astra

I actually started playing in 12/2013. When the event started I was exactly 34 boxes short on getting 1000. I did manage to get the boxes I needed and obtained the achievement, but... I was sweating bullets. I noticed that the drop rate had slowed way down when the Gift Boxes were activated and, it seemed that the more times I made the rounds, the less they dropped. I had finally made up my mind that I wasn't going to sweat the hard stuff and just played maybe 2 or 3 rounds a day. For some reason, it seemed that the less I played, the more boxes would drop.... go figure...

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 30, 15 2:52 PM

Astra

I have been playing almost from the beginning. I do not consider myself a "superplayer." I have taken many breaks and have never played more than a couple of rounds a day. The exception to that would be for new game or theme content. You must remember that some of us have been playing for just about 2 years now, and have been playing since the introduction of the pink boxes. They used to drop like rain from the HOSs. That's a lot of boxes collected over a long period of time.

Roxnsilver wrote:What I am finding frustrating too is the same scene is needed 4-5 times for some tasks. I assume this only gets worse as friends who were level 68 when I started are still at that level today.
Char
i1459245

Level 68 is the end of the newest content, so a lot of us are sitting at that level.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 30, 15 3:37 PM

Astra

just some intel for your ?'s......i started @ the end of Feb. this year......have 40K HOS's in that time done......when this event started i was 94 boxes short of 1000......and it took mid way through it to get the 1000th box........

So.....# of HOS's complete........or length of time playing........for me...it was round n round in a fairly short time....... cheers **D@NgeR** out

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 30, 15 6:10 PM
I have been playing for about 6 months and had a bit more than 800 boxes at the beginning of the event. I got the 1000th box last sunday.

Go to: