eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

The Unicorn/ Facebook

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 30, 15 6:37 AM
I'm so desperate for something new that after two years of resisting I finally caved in and created an FB account to connect my newest manor and get the Unicorn (the Man-Eating Plant and the 10 gold don't hurt either). I'm so happy to have a new item (insert Snoopy dance)! But he's clearly overweight, so I've immediately put him on a strict diet of hay (away from the gumbo stand) and some energy treatments that help with fat burning, courtesy of a famous gypsy known for her electrical experiments (place him to the top left of her wagon with the muzzle half-hidden and switch to night). A strict exercise regimen will help with that flabbiness, including daily laps in the swimming pool. If needed, we'll also proceed with plastic surgery to take care of the excess skin- there's that new technique called the guillotine, an improvement of the old device based on various blades placed strategically.The slice and dice may then be used for fine sculpturing. Oh, I'm so happy with my new unicorn!

Now about FB, I see that I automatically log in every time I enter my game. What happens when I close the game? Will I be automatically disconnected from FB or do I have to do it myself? And what happens if I immediately close my account, except for losing the game retrieval feature? Will they ask me to return the gifts? Naah, don't think so. And once on FB, do the name and avatar appear to others the same as before? I've heard some strange stories about different avatars in the past but I've never seen it before, not even now that I'm connected. Lastly, if I want to open new accounts for the other manors, can I open them under the same name/different email, or do I have to change the name as well?

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 7:22:47 AM PST

uptownnola
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Re:The Unicorn/ Facebook

[Post New]by uptownnola on Dec 30, 15 7:40 AM
Totally agree with your unicorn's regimen- especially for the New Year !
The FB thing is a problem for me, maybe others can explain better, but here's what I understand- I created a manor on a computer at work (SSSHHHH) (By U Bn and did not connect to FB. When I got home that day, I created a second manor at home
(B By U) and did connect that one to FB, got the unicorn etc. Now the only one connected to FB is the second one.
From what I have read, you have to have a separate FB page for each manor you want to connect to FB.
I read that someone used her husband's acct to do that
If you logout of FB and try to connect a new manor on FB, the program keeps bumping you back to your original FB connected account, As far as I know there's no way around it.
I have not had any problems logging in and out, but just can't get another Unicorn
I visited someone's manor and saw 2 unicorns, but maybe that was from a long time ago when DM was letting you get them in other ways?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 30, 15 8:34 AM
uptownnola wrote:I visited someone's manor and saw 2 unicorns, but maybe that was from a long time ago when DM was letting you get them in other ways?

The Unicorn was created exclusively for FB users (a disgrace, IMO) and there never was another way to get it. Regarding the second one, here's copy of an old post of mine:

That's because initially the Unicorn was going to be given only to new FB connections, wich caused the people with old connections to complain. After the uproar, they credited one Unicorn to all FB users across the board, and because they couldn't (or couldn't bother to) distinguish the old from the new users, new users ended up with two- one when they signed up and one later when it was given across the board. Actually it was a very small window of opportunity.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 8:38:46 AM PST

Fishkins
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Fishkins on Dec 30, 15 9:29 AM
Hi Eli173,

Since you have the unicorn you can log out of the facebook session from the DM cog and need not log back in to play except when you want to have that (one & only) manor on a second device. Then log in & out on the second device also. You'll be able to play from one or the other but not both simultaneously.

I don't stay logged in to the Facebook account from their interface either.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 9:31:09 AM PST

labbug
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by labbug on Dec 31, 15 9:28 AM

Hi Eli173,

Along with what Fishkins and Uptownnola said, I thought I'd mention some info I received from Customer Support.

My understanding from the conversation was:

Cannot have two manors on the same machine attached to two separate Facebook accounts.
Cannot have two manors on the same machine attached to one Facebook account.
Cannot switch manors between one Facebook account on the same machine.

Seems like it would have been easier on Customer Support if we could back all our manors up to one Facebook account. Maybe from a programming perspective, it was not possible to do this on Facebook when Dark Manor was written?

labbug

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Dec 31, 15 1:50 PM
We can run multiple FB-linked manors on the same machine, but only one manor open at a time. However, I find that I can only have one manor constantly connected on PC. The others will disconnect themselves. On iPad, the permission screen keeps popping up, so I have them all disconnected.

As for avatars, the difference is only visible on iOS. When connected, the FB names and picture are shown, with a smaller font for the manor name below. Disconnected, only the manor name is visible, and the avatar is a blank square. On PC, there is no distinction. The only way to see who's connected is to connect the manor, and use the FB sorting.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 1, 16 5:36 AM
Thanks to all! Although I don't like people to be seeing my fake FB name...perhaps I'll close the account after all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 1, 16 8:46 AM
Looks like it's too much hassle to open a new page for each manor. I had trouble finding out how to close my new account!

uptownnola
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by uptownnola on Jan 1, 16 9:34 AM
to be sure, closing a FB account is pretty much impossible i am told- i have one from a few years back but i don't think i would open another one for the unicorn- sigh, i really like the unicorn too...

Go to: