Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Soul Catcher Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 31, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 6:12:48 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Soul Catcher Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 31, 15 1:57 AM
Second time in about a week or so that a game by these devs won't work on my MacBookPro!
What is the point of releasing Mac games when they don't work on a Mac??
All other devs can manage it, so why can't these?

I'm running OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan.

Everything is up to date. I've previously sent a Dr Felix report to CS and was told the issues were being investigated with the devs as to what the problems are. That was about a year ago...

I get a picture that is off to the right. I can't see a thing in 'windowed mode' (why should I play a game like that anyway), but thought I'd do the trial hour and see how things went. Ok until I wanted to go 'back' then I had to force quit the game!

Please BFGs do something about these games that don't work. Non CE games (other than SEs of CEs) are so awful these days I've not even managed to use a free voucher in a year. I buy most CEs for this reason, as only thing worth being a member for these days, so really annoying when having waited for an hour to d/l these big (and getting bigger) files only for them not to run properly

I've tried changing the screen res, but in any other setting I just get a load of hissing and lines everywhere.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Soul Catcher Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 31, 15 6:12 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Dec 31, 15 10:04 AM
I'm playing on a fully updated MAC also. The last 3 Daily Magic games open up in the upper right hand corner of my screen, so this seems to be a problem that the game makers need to address!

These games are in some of my favorite series, so it's kind of sad that I can't see how these series continue!

Edited to add OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 10:11:04 AM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Dec 31, 15 10:36 AM
Yet ANOTHER BFG that has developer issues. Getting pretty fed up with all of them lately. The rune hand rotates but once a piece is locked in, the whole puzzle locks. Using Mac desktop, El Capitan 10.11.2. All system programs are current and up to date. Wonder if we will EVER get an update to make the game playable. Somehow I doubt it! Three minutes into the game and you are done. Really!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Dec 31, 15 11:05 AM
PC, Windows 7, 64 bit.

Only played the demo. Mini-game for the rune hand gimmick was next to impossible to solve. Pieces "sticky" and difficult to move. One piece kept getting stuck to the top of the screen.

Also...in the Extras jigsaw puzzle...picked up a piece and couldn't place it, drop it, back out of it...you get the picture.

Finally had to perform the "three finger salute" to exit the game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 15 11:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues that people are seeing in the game. We recommend taking a look at our help articles when problems like these come up. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article for these sorts of issues:

If the issues are still persisting, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report to continue troubleshooting. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report these sorts of problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Dec 31, 15 12:47 PM
Thank you, bfgPanthalassa, for responding.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the issue. It isn't that the puzzle piece was frozen. I could move it all over the screen. I just couldn't release it.

It was the same with the rotating image. The pieces move...they just resist coming together... without my having to hold my tongue just right...and putting the mouse through its paces.

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Dec 31, 15 1:24 PM
Cannot play Bonus Content - game keeps shutting down and won't open.

OSX: Yosemite

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 1:24:35 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 15 3:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by so I could address the issues that have been popping up in the game.

9otters, I'm sorry that the puzzle pieces haven't been releasing properly. The steps in our help articles can assist with a variety of issues, and are a great resource for problems like this. I suggest also looking at the following help article and giving those steps a try:

Run Game as Administrator

leboyd170, I'm sorry to hear that the game is shutting down in the bonus content. To start, I'd recommend taking a look at the steps in the following help article:

If either of these issues are still persisting, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help continue troubleshooting.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Dec 31, 15 8:23 PM
Finished game and Bonus game and was going to play again in advanced mode because one of the achievements is casual mode and advanced mode, so you have to play it twice to get this and a few more of the achievements, but it wont let me play under the same name, it keeps telling me I have completed the game.
How do I get back in to play again to get the rest of these achievements is this a glitch in the game, I sure hope not

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 1, 16 4:20 AM
Couldn't get the rune to work where the ghosts are in the water where the grim reaper was taking you over the river, got one piece to lock into place, managed to get second piece to lock also, but that was it , couldn't move any other pieces to move let alone lock, no buy for me.
windows 7 64bit.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 1, 16 6:12 AM
terih wrote:I'm playing on a fully updated MAC also. The last 3 Daily Magic games open up in the upper right hand corner of my screen, so this seems to be a problem that the game makers need to address!

These games are in some of my favorite series, so it's kind of sad that I can't see how these series continue!

Edited to add OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan

Me too, have all the others in the series and they ran fine on my PC. Don't have one anymore. Get so fed up with the same devs, bringing out games with the same issues over and over...

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jan 1, 16 8:19 PM
9otters wrote:Thank you, bfgPanthalassa, for responding.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the issue. It isn't that the puzzle piece was frozen. I could move it all over the screen. I just couldn't release it.

It was the same with the rotating image. The pieces move...they just resist coming together... without my having to hold my tongue just right...and putting the mouse through its paces.

I was able to drop a piece by right clicking on it.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 2, 16 6:39 AM
The gate puzzle in chapter two.....
I exited the game without completing it, then when i've gone back in to play it, it wont let me slide the chain upwards at all. Just seems to stick there (was working fine the first time around).

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 2, 16 12:53 PM
game loads. cursor moves. but everything is unclickable

[Post New]by kmcass46 on Jan 2, 16 1:22 PM
Chapter 4: Admin Office. Found the book, then solved the sliding puzzle. The info bar of the puzzle including the Skip button did not refresh and is now covering the inventory items.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but the issue did not resolve.

I playing on a PC running Windows 10. Until I can access the inventory items, I can not proceeds. Very annoying as I was really enjoying the game. I will uninstall and reinstall both the game and the BF game manager. Maybe that will fix it.

Any other suggestions?

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Jan 2, 16 6:20 PM
Game played good. Tried the bonus and it froze up when I gave the banner to the ghost had to do as someone said the three finger salute

Daggit12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Daggit12 on Jan 3, 16 3:00 AM
This game took me over 2 hours to download and the game manager is crashing. Most games are doing this for me. I can't get a response from Big Fish (been trying for a couple of weeks). Anyone have any ideas. I'm on windows 7. I've reinstalled the game manager a couple of times, no luck.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 3, 16 6:59 AM
Should have read ahead and then I wouldn't have wasted my money on a game with puzzles (the hand rune) that won't work properly. I guess it's my own fault. Having to skip puzzles that shouldn't be that difficult does not add to the enjoyment of any game.

Edit to add: Not only can I not do the hand rune puzzles (3 wouldn't even click into place to start with, say nothing about the inability to move the pieces!) but I couldn't move the little figures in the maze - not brain surgery - they just wouldn't move through the maze. I had looked forward to this being a game I would play several times. Fat chance. And I certainly don't recommend it.

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 7:45:09 AM PST

Go to: