bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 18, 09 1:22 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Escape the Museum 2. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
We all know how worrisome it can be when you’re separated from family in an emergency, but at least you’ll have some exhilarating game play to accompany that concern in this new Hidden Object / Adventure game! This game offers some original new aspects, like a heartbeat to track superior game play, so it definitely has a lot to offer hard-core gamers. Another positive has to be the Hidden Object scenes that are crisp and well lit, which just adds to the lively game play offered in this title. Your progress will be saved in Hidden Object scenes that you navigate away from, so feel free to explore your surroundings. This game is a wonderful example of cohesive game play that gives players multi-level entertainment. You’ll be enchanted with the storyline just as much as the game play and will most likely walk away wanting another adventure. Make haste because the time has come for you to be the hero in Escape the Museum 2!

Game Modes:
The player has the power with this untimed game because you can choose if you’d like to play in full screen or windowed mode and can select to auto-pause or use a custom cursor.

Depth:
Each of the 25+ locations offer an obstacle to overcome through mini-game puzzles as well as multiple Hidden Object scenes, so set your chair up with a comfy cushion for this exciting quest!

Similar to:
Be sure to see Caitlin and Susan’s escapade within the museum in Escape the Museum, or check out titles with similar game play, like Hidden Expedition: Devil’s Triangle and Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child.

Difficulty level:
Although the Hidden Object scenes are painless, you will need some top-notch Adventure skills to make it over to the museum, so this game would be best for an average or advanced player. Beginning players can always gain some helpful tips in the walkthrough up on our Big Fish Blog.

Reviewed by L.D.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by prchalpn on Nov 18, 09 1:50 AM
DL'ing now. I've been waiting for this one. I hope it's as good as the first.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Nov 18, 09 2:01 AM
just demoed it it the first one objects not as hard to find as the first one up to now anyway lol story good and it looks like a good long game well worth the money of to play as it here in uk and very nothing else to do but play besstan

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 18, 09 2:04 AM
just going to play demo. ..very windy here in essex

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 18, 09 2:09 AM
Looks a great game; loved the first one. Fence down in Dorset

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 18, 09 2:15 AM
The Husband's side of the story. I like this better than the original game. It is a combo of HOG and puzzle solving. A homeless man gives Hints. He is a collector of items so occasionally you will have a side trip to find multiples of an object for him.

The puzzles make sense. For example, how do you rescue a person from a car with power lines sizzling across it? When you find a puzzle, look for sparkly areas where you can find objects. Some of the objects will go into inventory and be used to solve the puzzle.

Some objects are of unusual size. An item that should be as large as a refrigerator may be almost small enough to require a magnifying glass. That threw me at first. Some objects are dark and in dark spots. I have had a few visual problems. In one case, a dark object on a dark background could not be found. I got a Hint. I still could not find the object because the sparkly Hint covered it. I just had to click the sparkles until I eventually hit the right spot.

I came across one puzzle scene in which I had a knife to use there. Unlike some of these scenes, there was no sparkly area to click on, no hot spot. I could see nothing to cut. I had to use the knife in several locations until at last I found the right spot and completed the puzzle.

The husband has high blood pressure. There is a meter that will show you his condition. Try to keep his BP under control.

There are side missions. The first (and only one) I found during the Demo was to return a puppy to it's home. I am not sure how to do this. It is still a side mission for me. I might have to use a walkthrough for a clue to this.

I have made it to the river and am on the roof of a building. I have 2 min. left in the Demo.

I bought this one. it has good graphics and puzzles and requires a little thought. if you like iHOGs, this should be a good one for you.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Nov 18, 09 2:41 AM
Well, here I go again, buying yet another game. This is a good one, the graphics are really good and I like the way we are seeing the husbands side this time. The objects are not as hard to see in this one. I also like that you have to try and figure out what to do next with the objects that you find.
There is also a very cute kitten that needs to go home. Aaawwww. The husband is a lttle dorky but that's okay, I like poking fun at him.
Great game, Im going back in to play some more. Oh yeah, this made 6 for me so far this month. If keeps it up, it wont be hard for me to reach 9. I'll be eating bread and water for the next couple months, but I;ll have my games

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 18, 09 2:58 AM
Agree - really good game - highly amusing too! After all, a man leaping from building to building just HAS to have his lipstick! I loved the extra touches, like the news on the radio. The husband is dorky - and as someone else said somewhere(can't find it) his sense of urgency contrasts wonderfully with poking around for tennis racquets and dominos. Great fun!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 18, 09 3:10 AM
Intriguing game and I've paused to buy.

MUCH clearer graphics than the first though still using what I consider "cheat" hiding by making things small or changing their color to hide on dark areas.

Adventure bits are good and nicely challenging, but not impossible. Hidden object areas pretty good as well. Hints appear unlimited. If a ? appears by an active gear area then the odd fellow following you will offer assistance for a fee in a little collection mini-game. This is both bad and good as I have clicked it before I wanted a hint a couple times now. I'd rather figure it out on my own. Guess I just have to be more careful with my clicker. Luckily he really does just give a hint with what I assume is more info by clicking on the more help button.

It is not at all clear what to do about the husbands blood pressure or what ramifications this will have. The game does not offer information about this at all. I also am bothered by the "side goals" and the puppy and kitty in my inventory. I am supposed to find their owners or home but how? These are two negatives imo.

So far very good game overall and looking forward to getting back to it. A guarded still playing demo Poodlebear Approved!

f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by f1racing on Nov 18, 09 4:39 AM
Just played the demo. I enjoyed it okay and ended up buying it, but I must admit that so far I liked the first one better. I found it more challenging then the second.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 18, 09 5:38 AM
I guess I am in the minority here because I didn't care for this game too much. I thought there were too many HOG parts and not enough regular game. I also thought it was strange that the owners of the animals just pop up out of no place.

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 5:41:19 AM PST

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 18, 09 5:43 AM
I have been waiting for a sequel to this. I loved the first one. Can't play the demo until I get home from work. ( Can you imagine my employers not letting me stop work to play) So I look forward to reading more reviews. Is it similar to the first one?

thanks
Kathy

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 18, 09 5:57 AM
I'm really having a problem loading the demo. It took over a half hour to load 45%...so I stopped it and closed my computer down...turned it back on again and tried to load it again (thinking it would go faster) only to have it tell me that it was saving the file...which took over an hour to do. Oh wait...now it is installing ...hope it works! Did anyone else have this problem?

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 5:57:53 AM PST

ginn_lee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ginn_lee on Nov 18, 09 7:45 AM
Have seen where they speak of a walkthrough for this game but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere, can u help please??

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 18, 09 7:50 AM
ginn_lee wrote:Have seen where they speak of a walkthrough for this game but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere, can u help please??

Hi ginnlee, here is the walkthrough for this game:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/escape-the-museum-2-walkthough/

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 18, 09 9:00 AM
I'm enjoying the heck outta myself playing this game. I highly enjoyed the first one and am glad to have the fathers perspective in this one.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 18, 09 9:01 AM
I dont want to sound like Simon Cowell.....but i thought it was a wee bit .....LAME...i really did"nt care for the first one ...but we have come along way since then....or did we ?. For me its a no buy ....a have to go w/ my impression....cause its always right on ..for my taste anyway......most of the time....dont want to buy & regret later..so...BAILEY ..I agree w/ you !!! ..i give it.... ....its happy hour ..some where !!!

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 18, 09 9:15 AM
a simply enjoyable game-puzzle and HOG- my favourite

[Post New]by navybabe162 on Nov 18, 09 10:34 AM
I have just finished Escape the Museum 2 and IMO it isn't has good as the first one and it also seem to be short. Even though it had 30 levels it didn't seem to take me very long to figure out what to do. I only needed to use the walkthrough once to get through the pulley area. Overall, I would give the game 4 out of 5.

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 10:35:05 AM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Nov 18, 09 11:31 AM
I have just finished and the game kept my attention from beginning to end. Not an overly long game took me about 4hrs to complete. I only looked at the walkthrough once, as I couldn't find the rubber mat. The objects were nice and clear, though sometimes very small. I enjoyed working out all the puzzles. It kept me out of Faunasphere today!!!!

Go to: