guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Anyone else come across this problem???

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 18, 09 7:20 AM
I was happily playing this and must admit I was feeling smug as I have gotten to the fire escape without any help from the walkthrough. I'm not so smug anymore!!! I was having problems placing the pulleys...got three in place but could not get the 4th placed. When I checked the walkthrough not only did I find that where I placed the pulleys are wrong, three in a row at the bottom of the railing, but as I scrolled down I found I got to the fire escape missing giving the dog to its owner and picking up at least 2 inventory articles.

How is it I was able to advance when obviously I was not finished in each section? Also will I be able at some point to return to the areas??? Help please.

lee

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Anyone else come across this problem???

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 18, 09 7:22 AM
Lee I had trouble with the pulleys - only placed one in the end - or 2 maybe - and never did return the dog. Very odd. Someone else had probs with the pulley too.

ETA didn't want to return the dog anyway - too cute!!!!

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 7:23:40 AM PST

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 18, 09 7:25 AM
Hi vicalana,

Not too worried about the pooch it is the inventory articles for the bridge at the end of the game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 18, 09 7:27 AM
Thanks for the info!

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 18, 09 7:30 AM
Good news!!! The game allows you to revist areas you have missed stuff. The area on the map will highlight and you just click on it! Hourayyyy!!!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 18, 09 7:30 AM
I have another problem: I can`t play this game, because its always says "need disk". I have contacted the service team and wait for their answer.

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Nov 18, 09 8:04 AM
yes help I can't get the wire on the pullys and ideas?

luvs4cats
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by luvs4cats on Nov 18, 09 8:16 AM
I am having a problem with the pulleys as well. Even when they are properly placed, I cannot get them wired. Even after consulting the walkthru & following the directions given, I keep getting a message "wiring them like this will not do anything".

Help please.....luvs5cats! (an all white, short haired male with a blue & yellow eye was took up residence on my deck. So after a trip to the vets for shots & neutering, he has joined the family...LOL!)

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Nov 18, 09 8:43 AM
From what I can remember, the pullys need to be placed two on top and two on the bottom, making sure that they ARE NOT parallel (staggered). Then place the wire/rope over the area between the top and bottom pulleys. The rope then self winds between the two. Hope this helps.

olpup
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by olpup on Nov 18, 09 10:27 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have another problem: I can`t play this game, because its always says "need disk". I have contacted the service team and wait for their answer.

I also have the same problem! Would love to know the solution....

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 18, 09 11:41 AM
If you are getting a "Need Disk" error message, this is likely due to an error that occurred during the download and installation process. What is happening is their is some missing information that the computer is looking for that isn't there. I would highly recommend reinstalling the game. Here's a link to information on reinstalling our games:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

You can also contact our Support Team for more assistance if you need it. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 18, 09 12:21 PM
Hi erie,

thanks for trying to solve this problem. I have reinstalled this game and again installed, but it doesn`t help. I wait for the answer from the service team.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Nov 18, 09 2:12 PM
Re the "need disk" problem. This happened to me too, the first time I got a message saying there was no disk in the D drive but I clicked continue and the game went on to the next scene. After that scene, I received the message about no disk in the D drive and I was unable to continue. Not only that, I could end the game but I could not get rid of the message about the D drive even with the Task Manager. I finally had to restart my computer.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and played thru the demo until I had 12 minutes left and bought the game. I have had no problems about a missing disk since.

I did stop in the middle of a scene when I quit to buy it and the same objects were in the same place when I repeated it so it would appear they don't move around which would not be good for replay value.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Nov 19, 09 9:55 AM
tictacsix wrote:From what I can remember, the pullys need to be placed two on top and two on the bottom, making sure that they ARE NOT parallel (staggered). Then place the wire/rope over the area between the top and bottom pulleys. The rope then self winds between the two. Hope this helps.

Sorry to be halfwitted, but what exactly do you mean
by the pullys ARE NOT parallel (staggered)?
To me these 2 wirds are opposites, but English is not my first language.

I am also having problem with this scene.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 20, 09 12:39 PM
Quoting walkthrough:

# You will receive some wire and four pulleys into your inventory and exit the hotspot automatically.

# To lower the ladder you will need to set up the pulleys with a counter weight.

# First attach the pulleys to the top and bottom of the holes to the right of the ladder. They should be in the outside most holes on both the top and the bottom.

# Next attach the wire to the pulleys.

# Lastly, attach the elephant as a weight to the left of the pulleys and click the ladder to lower it.

# Click on the ladder again to go down to the street.

Not all the holes are easy to see so this might be the problem with placement.

When you're looking for a place to drop the wire, watch your pointer. When it changes to the gears icon, that is the place to let go of them.

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by questionmark on Nov 20, 09 2:22 PM
People probably already know this, so please forgive me if I'm being redundant.

You can click the small "i" at the top left of the screen in most scenes (this pulley scene is one of them) and it will tell you what your goal is for that scene. to the right of the goal explanation is a button with the little old collector guy that says "more help". it's a great help, because when you click it, it gives you just step by step hints so you still have a chance to do as much as possible on your own - I really liked that!

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 20, 09 3:42 PM
Two On The Top Two On The Bottom Once done Put The Wire On The Left Top Pulley Then Place Elephant Get It Yet?????

Go to: