castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

daily special mirror mixup

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 18, 09 7:25 AM
Has anyone played this game. Is it any good. I am on a mac right now and can't try the demo!

If anyone has played it could you let me know how it is

Thanks
Kathy

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Re:daily special mirror mixup

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 18, 09 7:53 AM
I played the demo and found it different and intriguing. I've never seen gameplay like this before. However, I am still deciding whether I like it enough to buy. It seems like it could be one of those games that I play once and never go near again - although, for 2.99 that may be enough entertainment value. I guess my big hesitation is KNOWING that I will be coughing up 19.99 a little less than a week from now (!!!!JOY!!) for the CE of MCF6. Trying to keep the buying down till then. Basically the gameplay is: You open a picture with most, or sometimes all, of its part jumbled up. You click on as many parts as you like, from one to the entire picture, and arrows pointing up, down, left, and right appear. You click on one of these arrows and the chosen parts will rotate in that direction. The goal, obviously, is to restore the picture. The only kicker is that you have a limited number of moves. I played about 16 - 20 levels in the allotted time; some were very simple, others required some trial and error. There are four modes of gameplay, but the only one I spent any time on is the first, mixup mode. There is no timer. The mirroring/rotating takes some getting used to but is basically pretty simple. Hope this helps.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 18, 09 9:18 AM
Thanks, it helps!

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Nov 18, 09 10:23 AM
i can't seem to get the demo to install. i love jigsaw puzzles too.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 18, 09 5:35 PM
I demo'd this game a few months ago. I loved it but I didn't want to buy it for $6.99- I'm so happy it's $2.99! It's a good game to play if you're looking for a break from other games. Large files are my favorites and I've got a few to finish..LOL.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Nov 18, 09 5:59 PM
I liked it, and got it - although I am not sure if I will ever get the 'hang' of it. But, I love different games, I play the world mosaics all the time, I like some jigsaws - I like the challenge of a different kind of game.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Nov 18, 09 8:04 PM
Tried it...loved it and bought it, having a lot of fun with it. Looks like many hours of puzzle fun for me.

Tygrepawz
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Tygrepawz on Nov 20, 09 10:53 AM
I bought the game on the 2.99 special because it looked like fun but have yet to get it to open and run like it's supposed to. I wrote customer service and followed their directions for changing the settings but still no luck in getting it to open even in Administrator mode. I really wanted to play this game but it looks like a no go.

Go to: