virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 23, 18 5:17 AM
virginiabreeze wrote:Hello:

I have just downloaded the Spring Event and began to play. I have already achieved the new achievements; however, when I click on the achievement to receive my reward the screen "dulls" and "Please Wait" appears. The screen will then freezes. I have to close the area.

I tried clicking on my avatar to change it and also tried to add a message to my game name bar. Both actions have the same result - the screen "dulls", I receive the message "Please Wait" and then the screen freezes.

I have since re-downloaded the game. The problem has been fixed.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 23, 18 12:39 PM
Hello bittyitty and virginiabreeze,

I'm swimming by to check in with you both.

It's awesome, virginiabreeze, that reinstalling Midnight Castle resolved the issue with the Spring Event achievements. Thank you for letting me know!

And bittyitty, since Midnight Castle freezes three pages deep into your Friends List, let's try the steps suggested in the help articles below:

Update video card driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

Updating a computer's video card driver can fix a number of display issues, including a game freezing. Running Midnight Castle in Administrator Mode will also increase its permissions and make it less likely to freeze. If these suggestions don't resolve the issue, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team for further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Mar 23, 18 5:59 PM
THE UPDATE HAS BEEN STUCK ON 19% FOR 2 HRS!!! WHY IS THIS?? HELP...IM ON WINDOWS 10 MOZILLA FIREFOX....

AND YES MY WIRELESS CONNECTION IS AT 100% THATS NOT IT!

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 6:40:40 PM PST

[Post New]by gohawks2014 on Mar 24, 18 1:41 AM
For the last 3 days my iPad mini game has been rebooting after an hour or so and everything I have accumulated is gone. I just loaded the Spring update and still have the problem.

[Post New]by 57josh on Mar 24, 18 4:09 AM
I had been playing on a PC with Vista Windows version for over three years, however the computer crashed a few months ago. I now have a laptop with Version 11 Windows. Is there anyway I can get my previous game back so I can pick up where I left off? Thanks for any helpful advice.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 24, 18 10:15 AM
57josh wrote:I had been playing on a PC with Vista Windows version for over three years, however the computer crashed a few months ago. I now have a laptop with Version 11 Windows. Is there anyway I can get my previous game back so I can pick up where I left off? Thanks for any helpful advice.

Laptop and PC are same platform, so yes..customer service can transfer your original game to your new one. (you will get same level, inventory...just NOT your friends. Friends will need to be re-invited)

Start a new game on your laptop, then send a help ticket.
Customer Support will need your email address and both game id numbers...old and new.

click on HELP from top right of this page
then MORE
then CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
then SUBMIT A REQUEST (in blue off to the right of that page)

Be sure to REPLY to every email they send.
Don't start a new ticket.

[Post New]by 57josh on Mar 24, 18 11:17 AM
Thank you susiewastaken, I will try this out and see what happens. By game id I assume that is my friend code id#?

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 24, 18 12:08 PM
57josh wrote:Thank you susiewastaken, I will try this out and see what happens. By game id I assume that is my friend code id#?

Yes, friend ID codes.
You're welcome, and good luck on a fast fix.

nopla3039
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by nopla3039 on Mar 24, 18 12:55 PM
sometimes the game freezes after the first window opens "please wait, connecting" and when it does not freeze there it freezes at loading "99%".....either way I always have to reboot then restart. My computer is barely 1yr old windows 10, all drivers updated, I can not play game as Administrator and yes I have uninstall then re installed

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 24, 18 1:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that different Midnight Castle troubles have been encountered. I'm swimming over to see what we can fix together.

If the latest update has taken too long to download, I've passed this information along to the teams behind Midnight Castle. On the chance the previously suggested troubleshooting tips haven't worked, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

gohawks2014: Our Support Team can also assist with progress loss troubles. First, however, I'd recommend downloading the latest Midnight Castle update to see if that helps.

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (iOS) - March 23, 2018

Since this is the technical thread for PC players, I also wanted to include the link to the designated thread for iOS players too:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

57josh: As susiewastaken was kind enough to explain, our Support Team can also restore your game's progress if they have both the original and the new games' Friend Codes. If the original game's Friend Code isn't available, then let them know what level you'd reached, and they'll do everything they can to rebuild the game.

Thanks for your patience, and don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 1:51:37 PM PST

[Post New]by deborah2w2 on Mar 24, 18 6:52 PM
Am I supposed to be able to click and collect the items that float by in the Spring 2 private room? Because I can't. Not in mine or anyone else's,

aMoofie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by aMoofie on Mar 24, 18 9:21 PM
One of my friend's accounts suddenly went strange. I had just done her spring room a few minutes earlier. When I was going back through the rooms to make sure I hadn't missed any, I got an error message when I clicked on hers - telling me that her room had a more recent update than mine, and that if I wanted to see her room, I should update to the latest version of MC.

I went to update, and discovered that I was already at the latest version, so that's apparently not the problem.

Also, her level isn't right - in the player rooms it says she's level 9, and in the Socials, it says she's level 10.

Her name is Jean, and her # is 527153.

Thought I should report it in case there's something wrong with her account. It seemed to happen suddenly. Thanks for your time.

aMoofie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by aMoofie on Mar 24, 18 9:25 PM
One more issue - but with this thread. I just posted about a friend's account ... and I wanted to "Preview" my post ... when I did, the buttons below the text box (Post Reply ... Preview ... Cancel) all vanished. I had to use my browser's back button to get out the preview screen, and lost everything I'd written. Had to start over.

Thought that deserved a mention ...

[Post New]by bobcat82 on Mar 25, 18 11:28 AM
I have been playing this game several years. something took my 270,000 money and left me with 7,000. I had 1163 diamonds and it took all but 30. I was at level 63 it knocked me back to level 35. took my pet food and tons of other stuff.It renamed me from rhinestone to sparkle. help me understand how this could happen rename me and take most of everything but my friends list stayed the same except their was a new person named sparkle and had the same avitar as what the new name I was given. strange what can I do. I uninstalled the game and came back the same. please help

[Post New]by grammacher3 on Mar 26, 18 1:38 AM
I have a laptop PC. I bought 3750 diamonds a week or so ago and had used down to 2900+. When spring event started I no longer used any diamonds, in fact I was building back up. This morning when I played there was 2930 left. Tonight I went back on and there was only 2330+ diamonds there. No one uses my computer but me and I don't know where they went. They are expensive and I am upset that 600 of them have vanished. Sharon

[Post New]by Ella1493 on Mar 26, 18 7:20 AM
I was just wondering why all of the Spring Terrace visits do not show up on the achievement.

mmk9
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Game started over.

[Post New]by mmk9 on Mar 26, 18 8:37 AM
I received a message while playing the game. It said there was an issue that they were aware of that it could take some time to fix try back later. When I logged back in My game id 676848 is the same but the game stared over. I tried to contact customer support but it would not submit. It just keep trying to verify. After 30 minutes I closed it out. I do not know what to do now.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 26, 18 11:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing the PC version of Midnight Castle. It looks like there are a few concerns here and I'd like to provide some suggested next steps to take.

aMoofie, thank you for reporting your observations. The player who seems to be encountering this issue may need to contact our Support Team for further assistance should there be some trouble there. We'll be sure to assist them as quickly as we can. As for the forum related issues, if you find this continues to occur, I recommend clearing the cache of the browser being used to view the forums. Here's the article on how to do that, should it be helpful:

Clear Browser Cache

Clearing your browser's cache every so often can help with situations where a page doesn't seem to be loading properly. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team with details of what you've experienced in the forums, and a screenshot of what is being experienced. Our Reps will be sure to pass this along to my team, where we'll investigate further.

bobcat82, welcome to the forums. I'm sorry that there appears to have been a loss of progress. I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your currently showing Friend Code as well as the original progress' Friend Code if available. Be sure to also include details about your original progress, such as the username, diamonds and coins available, pets earned, avatars unlocked, and any other unique details that may help identify your account.

grammacher3, I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be a loss of currency in the game. I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what you are experiencing and your Friend Code.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 26, 18 11:59 AM
deborah2w2, there may be some portions that you can click or interact with to collect an item or collectable during the Spring Event in that private room. If you find you're having trouble interacting with those parts of the game, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a screenshot of the specific area you are unable to interact with and your Friend Code. Thank you for your patience while working with our Reps.

Ella1493, I'm sorry that there seems to be trouble with that achievement. If you are seeing trouble with a specific achievement not counting progress that should count, please contact our >Midnight Castle Support Team with details of that achievement, such as the name, what steps and places you went to achieve progress, your Friend Code and what happened specifically once you tried that. Our Reps will be sure to follow up with any additional questions or information they may need to help further.

mmk9, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. Please use the following link to our Midnight Castle Support Team and provide us as much detail of what has happened as you can provide about your progress, including that Friend Code, the items in the inventory of that progress, diamonds and coins available, pets earned, and avatars unlocked. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to help with your progress.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 9:35:36 AM PST

msdrake
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by msdrake on Mar 26, 18 2:23 PM
I play Midnight Castle on my home computer but I go to Florida in the winter time is there any way that I can play on more than one computer without having to start all over when I travel?

[Removed by Moderator]

Mary

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 1:12:38 PM PST

Go to: