bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Luxor Adventures forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 19, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Luxor Adventures forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Luxor Adventures players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:Welcome to Luxor Adventures forum

[Post New]by Patty60 on Nov 19, 09 12:25 AM
What is wrong with the Blog Walkthrough for this game? I click on it and it gives me an almost blank screen, and there is a date of posting for December 1969 or something like that. Did someone forget to put it on the site?

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 19, 09 12:38 AM
Patty, if you go the the right hand side of the 'December 1969' screen, there is a list headed 'Recent Posts', click on Luxor there and you get the walkthrough.

Weird, but it works!

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Nov 19, 09 1:09 AM
I played the demo at another site.It has a good mix of different things to do.It also has a replay value to it.In playing it the second time,the list of things to find is different and even the ones where you had two steps to doing them.For instance the first time in one scene I had a propeller to find and put on the plane and the second time around in the same scene I had to find a tire and put on the car.By the looks of it,if you unlock the bonuses,you will even get another luxor marble game.Good one BFG.

[Post New]by eiramss on Nov 19, 09 1:20 AM
It's still DLing for me, but I'm a bit confused. On the download page it says Enjoy LUXOR Adventures and LUXOR 3!

Is Luxor 3 one of the mini games in Luxor Adventures, or is it it's own game?

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 19, 09 1:22 AM
I'm just glad that Big Fish decided to have a game like this for a change. I look forward to playing it - downloading right now.

gamefish05
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by gamefish05 on Nov 19, 09 10:26 AM
I don't play hidden object games often I thought I should play an easy game. Is this game for me ?

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 10:27:11 AM PST

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Nov 19, 09 12:11 PM
nelliegemini wrote:Patty, if you go the the right hand side of the 'December 1969' screen, there is a list headed 'Recent Posts', click on Luxor there and you get the walkthrough.

Weird, but it works!

Thanks for the info, but I just gave up and went to bed, tried it this morning and it worked fine. I knew I could rely on BFGs to get it up and going. But thank you for the input incase I can't find another walkthrough.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Nov 22, 09 6:06 AM
I wanted a Hidden Object Game "NOT" a marble shooter game. The "cutsie" object names in the list left something to be desired. I made the mistake of buying this game without the one hour trial, never again.

Edited on 11/22/2009 at 6:07:58 AM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Nov 22, 09 12:13 PM
I had a major problem. I downloaded this game. During the download I received a message from my Virus software that there was a Trojan attached. My virus software deleted it but my concern is that I thought Big Fish scanned all games for problems. Did it miss this one?

Edited on 11/22/2009 at 12:15:27 PM PST

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Nov 23, 09 12:54 AM
Hi, bought this game and it is now telling me there is an update for it, does any1 know the advantages of this and do I have to uninstall and reinstall or just update. Thanks.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Nov 23, 09 2:19 AM
A1psyko, I imagine it was a false positive, as far as I know every single occurrence like this in a Big Fish game has proven to be so.

Anyway if you're worried contact Customer Support via the green envelope on the right hand side of this page.

Ykempy, I always go ahead and update when there is one available, there may be a glitch in the game that you'll find out about later and wish you had lol. All I do is hit update and it does everything for me.

HTH

pegelee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pegelee on Nov 23, 09 9:13 AM
i purchased this game and love it but when I downloaded the upgrade now I can't play it . It just sits in the screen where the star is and the hour glass trying to load. I deleted and reinstalled but this does nothing. Has this happened to anyohe else. Can't play the game

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Mojave_Rain

[Post New]by A1psyko on Nov 24, 09 1:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will check it out. I did forget that about 3 months ago McAfee ate everyones games claiming they were viruses. Had to wait about a week and reload all of them. That was frustrating. Again, thank you for the direction to the green envelope I will definitly chat with them, just in case.

[Post New]by sche6316 on Nov 25, 09 1:14 PM
I D-Led this game the day it came out, it seem to work fine. Then I D-Led the update, and now I can't play it at all! Any ideas?

[Post New]by humberbridge on Nov 25, 09 9:11 PM
I have just started to play the game and am already stuck at the scene where you start the motor. The cursor wheels go round and I click but nothing happens, help please.

[Post New]by humberbridge on Nov 25, 09 9:17 PM
I have just started to play the game and am already stuck at the scene where you start the outboard motor. The cursor wheels go round and I click but nothing happens, help please.

Re: Loading Issues

[Post New]by bjrob21 on Dec 5, 09 2:30 AM
Hi all--I just downloaded the game as well and WAS really enjoying it. Then I tried to play today and had the same problem described above: the game gets stuck after I hit 'PLAY' off the main menu and the compass/loading screen comes up. Unlike the previous poster, however, I didn't install any update for the game. Does anyone know what to do about this?? Please help if you can

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re: Loading Issues

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 6, 09 5:53 PM
bjrob21 wrote:Hi all--I just downloaded the game as well and WAS really enjoying it. Then I tried to play today and had the same problem described above: the game gets stuck after I hit 'PLAY' off the main menu and the compass/loading screen comes up. Unlike the previous poster, however, I didn't install any update for the game. Does anyone know what to do about this?? Please help if you can

Probably the best thing to do is to contact Customer Service. They should be able to help you one way or another.

Look for the green envelope on the right side of the screen.

Good luck!
Robin

smallbrowncat
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by smallbrowncat on Dec 14, 09 1:51 PM
We just installed Windows 7 and now I can not get the game to open. It says a compatible display device is not available. Can anyone help?

Go to: