HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

Great, another game I've looked forward to that 75% of the threads are trashing

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Nov 19, 09 12:34 AM
Loved the 1st EftM; now I'm hearing the sequel is short, possibly buggy, etc. I give up.

Re:Great, another game I've looked forward to that 75% of the threads are trashing

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Nov 19, 09 11:55 AM
Whether you like or don't like this game depends on what you want in a game. I like to be entertained, waste some time, have fun trying to figure something out and not have to spend too much money doing it all. I really like this one and have bought it. I do not find those negative things being said to be applicable as to how I view a game. My suggestin is to try the demo - in one hour you should be able to make up your mind for nay or yea as to purchasing.........

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Great, another game I've looked forward to that 75% of the threads are trashing

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 19, 09 12:05 PM
Yep, I agree with jacquelinesue. Try the demo. I haven't played the whole demo, but I'm still probably going to buy the game. There are parts that really make you (at least me) think about how to do something, and I liked that about the 1st game. There are 30 levels and at least 7 side quests so despite what others have said about length, I don't think it can be that terrible short. And remember, "short" is very relative when it comes to games. I know I've played games that others considered "short" and it's taken me several hours to finish them. I don't consider myself a super slow player, but I hate to use hints unless I absolutely have to, and I try to never skip puzzles and/or minigames. So...what someone else considers "short" may not be "short" to you at all. I do think this game follows well along the premise of the first one, and that it is interesting to get the perspective of someone outside the museum when the earthquake struck.

Also, just because others don't like a game doesn't mean you won't. I've found that to be true for me several times in the past.

And...after 30 minutes of the demo, I've not had any glitches at all.

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 12:07:26 PM PST

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Nov 19, 09 12:24 PM
Thanks so much you two. I also like to wander around, take my time, not skip puzzles, and desperately try to never use hints. I feel much better now, guess I jumped the gun a bit. (Mine's still downloading; 163MB takes forever when you have a slow ISP.)

MaggieMaeeye
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,101 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieMaeeye on Nov 19, 09 3:08 PM
Hi HonInBalto, I bought this game at Target like 3-4 weeks ago and was totally surprised because I hadn't even heard they were making a sequel, let alone that one had already been released......I think it's alright, pretty similar to the first one but one difference I noticed is that in the first one, some of the objects were REALLY hard to find, under staircases, along the railing, etc., etc., and this one, while acceptably difficult had much easier to find objects.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Nov 19, 09 3:11 PM
MaggieMaeeye- (love the name) now I have that song in my head...

wake up Maggie... I think I got something to say to you... LOL

I also had no idea that they had a sequel coming out.. but I bought it this morning...without a trial, and I am not disappointed. I really enjoyed myself all morning.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 19, 09 4:15 PM
I played almost the whole demo mostly because I couldn't figure out how to exit from it until I only had 6 mins. left!

That said, I didn't have any real issues - it seemed more finicky than buggy. I didn't enjoy the frantic pace (do this, do that, do this!), but that's just me. I probably didn't get very far because I hadn't gotten the general idea of the game at first and, at the end, I had problems with the studfinder hitting the right spot. My husband came and "helped" so that took extra time. He just had the same ideas but I managed to find the right place and finished that part and found the menu to exit.

It's not my kind of game since I must not like my challenges so close together but it seemed okay.

[Post New]by questionmark on Nov 20, 09 2:28 PM
I really liked this game. I did have to stop and think, but it didn't make my head explode...I was playing for a relaxing escape and a pleasant way to while away some totally stressed out hours, and this game gave me that.

Two things I really liked were the navigation - being able to so easily go back to spots that still had missing inventory items; and the hint-by-hint help where you could get a little info or the whole 9 yards.

[Post New]by cbdonahue1503 on Nov 21, 09 6:28 AM
I really enjoyed this game as well as the first to the sequel. Although this game was a "smidgen" short, it was fun! That's what we are doing here ladies and gentlemen! Having fun!! Thank you for sharing your positive threads as I get so tired of the negative comments.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 22, 09 2:15 PM
I suspect that people who enjoy these games just go ahead and play them. The ones who show up in the forums are those who have problems, either technical or with the gameplay. I can't believe how fast some people claim to finish the games - as others have said, you're supposed to have fun, not just rush through as quickly as possible. If you use hints all the time and skip mini-games of course you can do it, but why bother?

The perfect game hasn't yet been written, but let's enjoy the ones we have, and make our own judgements on them!

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Nov 22, 09 11:00 PM
Thanks so much all of you! Just started playing the demo, and am enjoying it a lot. I'm sure it will take me much longer to finish than others; I have more fun when I don't race through it.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 23, 09 8:51 AM

Got the e mail on fri sent it to OH he played the free hour then ended up using a game credit and brought it, he said it was good, done it in a about 3 hours.

I played it on sat and thoroughly enjoyed it, completed it in just over 2 hours, graphics very good, loved the puzzels, really enjoyed it.

Wish it was longer like the 1st one.

kitten61758
Stingray
Stingray
5,603 Posts

[Post New]by kitten61758 on Nov 23, 09 9:34 AM
I bought it and have started it but not finished yet. Until the weekend I don't have much time to play. I like it that it's a reversal of the first one. It's the husband's story of trying to find wife and daughter. Am enjoying it so far.

Go to: