spring clean!

[Post New]by montythecat on Jan 3, 16 9:44 AM
To help new players I am having an inventory spring clean so I am auctioning items at "purrfecty" low prices. I hope new players will benefit.

Happy New Year!

Re:spring clean!

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jan 3, 16 6:23 PM
That would be great, I did the same today and I kept getting the SAME PLAYER outbidding on everything I was putting out there. I didn't think it was quite nice when they also bought out-right some of the items.
I know for a fact that this player isn't a newbie since they have been playing as long as I have, I've been playing since 2013. I like to get rid of some of my overstock items but it doesn't seem fair when seasoned players don't give others a chance.
For the newbies that did buy my items, I hope they will help them in the game.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jan 3, 16 8:58 PM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SALE. I KNOW MY GAME DOES NOT SHOW IT BUT THAT IS BECAUSE I HAVE WORKED ON DOING. MY BUILDINGS AND GURU HOS. SO I HAVE LEVELED UP OFTEN. BUT I DO NOT HAVE COMPLETE COLLECTIONS. WITH YOUR HELP I HAVE FILLED A FEW HOLES. BUT I DID NOT TAKE MORE THAN 1 OR 2. LEAVING SOME FOR OTHERS.

TO YOU. I RARELY GO TO THE AUCTION BECAUSE OF THOSE TRYING TO CORNER THE MARKET THE SELLING AT LAUGHABLE PRICES NO ONE EVEN BIDS ON.

[Post New]by kujosmom3 on Jan 4, 16 8:36 AM
I'm trying to not only spring clean but help newbies that need to purchase outright and win auctions for awards. Those were huge rewards for me starting out but I have come across the same issue. I would suggest we use this link to post when we're selling items but that would probably be waving a huge sale notice to those that we want to avoid. I've tried only selling a few items each time so I have items left to sell to hopefully find a time when the vultures are not out. That has seemed to help a little bit. I'm open to suggestions !! I really want to help the newbies---we've all been there.

[Post New]by montythecat on Jan 4, 16 9:17 AM
Hi I have had a few vultures swooping to clean up but many other players seem to have bought items. Glad some of you are able to fill gaps in your collections.

I plan to put up more items but at different times of the day and not always at the weekend.

Good luck newbies!
Purr

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jan 4, 16 9:48 AM
montythecatPurr [/quote wrote:
Meow to that, from one cat lover to another!

jacq58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jacq58 on Jan 4, 16 11:18 AM
The 'sharks' who buy everything failing to give the newbies a chance are just so annoying! I have decided to try a different way as of today - I have looked at those on my friends list - picked on the one who is at lowest level and sent them a message asking what they need and where they are etc so I can try and arrange with them as to the best time for me to put my stuff up for auction. I have also followed advice from another player by putting stuff up for 1 coin but asking very high for buy out. However to help those that need the 'buy out' for achievement I have put the stuff I have 100's of at 1 coin auction 10 coins buy out, and those that just need cash and let me know I pay high price to get small price item - especially as bearing in mind this game is not going to upgrade - why do I need 4000 gold and 2million coin! Much rather use it for the benefit of the newbies. So if you need anything add me to your friends list I am 1660 4266 and then message me - pity the makers didn't give us the option of 'gifting' some of our collections would have made life easier

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 4, 16 11:55 AM
Inflationary times require certain things to be done. Selling items at low prices may benefit some but really you will only aggravate yourself in the long run as anyone can buy the item. You can control the price for buyout you can't control who will buy it.
I have always found that just putting items out at a reasonable price 20% to 30% below the normal price will be enough to discourage the hoarders. The auction is a friend, use it to your advantage. There is NOTHING wrong with buying low and selling high that is how you make coins in the game till you get the AES built up. Newbies need money so buy some of their items. I pay top dollar when possible and share some of the loot I have. Also have gifted some moneys to some. Not a lot of money as it takes away the fun in the game. Just enough to grease the wheel as it where. Talk to your friends in the game at low levels and see what they need and if they want help. They might just need a Pashmina scarf and they don't have the money. Well have them put out a slap cuff for $100,000. You buy it they got the cash. Now you put out a pashmina for $100,000 have them buy it. they now have the pashmina you got the cash back and everybody is happy. that is just an example of things that can be done.
the best way to help newbies is just putting stuff out in the auction...Forget about the sharks, they read the forum and know whats up, just boycott their stuff, you know who they are. That alone has forced them to lower their prices if you noticed which in turn will help the newbies as has been commented on here if anyone has noticed.
The auction is your friend there are no rules to an auction. Use your wits and don't get aggravated.

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 11:57:50 AM PST

GOBSTOPPERS
Minnow
Minnow
296 Posts

[Post New]by GOBSTOPPERS on Jan 4, 16 6:45 PM
if you need an item please PM me..ill do my best to help....

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jan 4, 16 11:16 PM
I've kept a list of Sharks that I keep near me when doing my Auction DQ's in the past so I've almost memorized them when I go to the Auctions. I only bid on 1 item if it's my DQ, if I have plenty of this item, I send a few out to others that need it. If this item isn't an active requirement, I send only a few out since I usually get them back as an unauctionable item. I will send out items on a random basis, between 1-6hrs.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 5, 16 1:48 PM
Ok time I got back into it, have put load of very needed items up for sale, there are pleanty for everyone and will be doing same every day till I start new game, sharks are swarming so get in there, start again tomorrow, have fun. Sorry for newbies look under TIMES.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 5, 16 4:08 PM
I am fixin to be a badddd bad boy!

good lord I had to strap on the oxygen for that right mess I did! wore me out. Over bidders welcomed!

Ohh good grief I just got a flashback of Turkey biddin on all them Pashmina scarves!

Fish!!! No more Pashmina scarves...lol!! Broke out in a sweat here.

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 5:21:16 PM PST

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 5, 16 11:43 PM
Just think the exercise is doing you good and you should know me by now, never do anything in a small way, more to come but no more pashmina scarves i promise.

Go to: