crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Level 57

[Post New]by crispinscot on Jan 3, 16 9:45 AM
Hi Everyone.
Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the bugs on level 57?
Thanks crispinscot

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 57

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 3, 16 8:23 PM
You have to match the bugs before they move off the tile they're sitting on. I try to focus on getting the ones somewhere in the middle because bugs somewhere in the corners or edges usually aren't reachable (unless there's an obvious match). The dynamite and lightning powerups will collect the bugs for you if they are in range of the powerup, so it helps to have at least one upgrade on each one. Also the red idol's fireballs will get the bugs for you if the fireballs hit them. I want to say the green idol's collect all gems may collect some bugs if the bugs happen to be sitting on top of some gems at the time, so it helps to pick the add gems booster before starting the board (this also helps you reach the score goal for the key).

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 3, 16 8:38 PM
I'm not sure if the blue idol's lightning bolts will collect the bugs also...seems to me the red idol is a bit more effective than the blue overall, but I like to use them both. Add time whenever you can with the orange idol because this is a level you need some extra time to play since sometimes you have to wait for the bugs to move to a better location. Good luck!

crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by crispinscot on Jan 4, 16 5:06 AM
Thanks. I'll try those suggestions. Just thought it might be a case of moving fast, fast, fast. I'm enjoying this game tho so will persevere.

crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by crispinscot on Jan 9, 16 3:52 AM
Hi SynthpopAddict,
Thanks for your help once again.
I finally conquered level 57 yesterday after hours and hours of getting over 30 out of 40 but never quite getting the 40.
The next levels seem much easier in contrast and am now om level 64!
Spending too much time playing games when I should be doing housework or reading "The mystery of Edwin Drood" for a reading group I go to and which begins on the 17th of February!
Hope you have a good year!

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 3:52:41 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 9, 16 4:28 AM
Congrats and you're welcome! Kudos to you for persistence as I'm sure there are some who wouldn't spend that long trying to get past a level. Enjoy the rest of the game, and I can relate to spending too much time playing games myself...my gaming fin needs a rest, but there's always something to play LOL... A Happy New Year to you also!

Go to: