Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 4, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 6:28:21 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 4, 16 6:28 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 4, 16 10:38 PM
I got as far as the first episode in Part 1. Then a pop-up window appeared, telling me to cut down a tree so that I could fix a bridge. I would have been happy to do so, but the window's "CONTINUE" button did not work, and no matter how often I clicked it, it didn't do anything. I eventually logged out and uninstalled the game without having played it.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jan 6, 16 3:38 AM
Simply will not launch, period. Running Windows 7 64bit, no problems with any other games. Ran Dr. Felix, ran my own DxDiag, uninstalled game, downloaded fresh version, reinstalled, uninstalled BigFish app, downloaded fresh version, reinstalled, still the game absolutely will not open. Which really sucks because I've been waiting for this for over two years!

Update: Ran Dr. Felix again after installing newly downloaded BF Game Manager. Report nows says "Customer does not have the latest BFApp. Please have them upgrade to the latest version"! If that's truly the case, I think the problem in on BFG's end, not mine.

Edited on 01/06/2016 at 4:04:42 AM PST

[Post New]by The_Gatekeeper on Jan 6, 16 7:13 AM
I also cannot get the game to open, period. It tries, and then nothing happens - and if I try to get it to launch again, it tells me that it is already open! Fix your issues, BigFish!

[Post New]by dmccool on Jan 6, 16 2:41 PM
Episode 4 level 8 the last large stone can not be removed therefore the game can't continue, Windows 10

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 6, 16 4:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing issues in the game. When technical issues like these come up, we recommend taking a look at our help articles. I suggest trying the steps in the following help articles, which can help in these sorts of situations:

Run Game as Administrator

If these problems are still occurring, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help pursue further troubleshooting, and can gather information on and report these sorts of problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

asiyah586
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asiyah586 on Jan 6, 16 5:29 PM
Would have loved to buy the game tonight. However, if I cannot get the free trial to work. Why in the ham and cheese would I risk buying the game?

[Post New]by debbie1586 on Jan 6, 16 6:06 PM
I can't get past Level 2, Episode 5. I have the bomb picked up but it will not ignite the giant boulder so I can get past it. I can't move any further in the game. Some help?

[Post New]by jessespigelmyer on Jan 6, 16 7:15 PM
It has deleted my Big Fish manager. WTF. I deleted this game and it still will not let me open the Game Manger. There is problems with this game.

Atums
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atums on Jan 7, 16 5:14 AM
Running Windows 10...I was playing Episode 2 Level 4 and finished all the tasks, but it wouldn't let me continue on or click on anything else. I was playing in relaxed mode. I let it sit for a couple of minutes, but finally had to exit the game.

[Post New]by dmccool on Jan 7, 16 7:18 AM
These don't seem to be game freezes, you can't continue at a certain point everything else on that level works but the one thing won't happen such as moving a boulder.

[Post New]by Noturningback on Jan 7, 16 8:05 AM
Level 2.3 will only acknowledge 2 out of the 3 three secrets I find and I've played the level several times. Same thing each time.

Edited: I finally got the game to acknowledge all three secrets. It must have been the order in which I found them. I've seen this glitch in other games.

Edited on 01/07/2016 at 12:23:29 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 4:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to talk about the issues people have been coming across. If it hasn't been done yet, I suggest taking a look at the following help article, which has steps that are useful in a wide range of situations:

jessespigelmyer, I'm sorry to hear that there is trouble with the Big Fish Games App. The following help article has some information about steps that can be taken if an issue comes up with the Games App

Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

If problems are still occurring, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report to pursue further troubleshooting. Any of our Reps will be happy to help.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Jan 8, 16 7:35 AM
In level 30 I was able to complete the level without building the fountain in the settlement.

asiyah586
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asiyah586 on Jan 9, 16 9:46 AM
nanekochan wrote:In level 30 I was able to complete the level without building the fountain in the settlement.

At least you can play the game. I cannot get it to open!

[Post New]by hayward_deb on Jan 9, 16 5:40 PM
dmccool wrote:Episode 4 level 8 the last large stone can not be removed therefore the game can't continue, Windows 10

PC running windows 7; while I can destroy all the stones on this level, once I destroy the last stone there are still 5 road sections left to complete but there is no dot for them. Not red, not yellow, not green; nada.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Jan 10, 16 6:04 AM
hayward_deb wrote:
dmccool wrote:Episode 4 level 8 the last large stone can not be removed therefore the game can't continue, Windows 10

PC running windows 7; while I can destroy all the stones on this level, once I destroy the last stone there are still 5 road sections left to complete but there is no dot for them. Not red, not yellow, not green; nada.

The only thing I can think of is if you didn't fill in the last crack after removing the stones. If you build the road up until the last crack, then you get no more dots until you actually fill in the crack.
other than that, I have no idea what may be causing your problem.

[Post New]by DJM5150 on Jan 11, 16 5:25 PM
Same problem here. The game will not display. I get the 809 "another game running" error. Running Windows 10.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 12, 16 3:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering issues in the game. The following help articles have steps that can help when people are experiencing a variety of technical issues, including problems with starting and progressing in the game:

Run Game as Administrator

If anyone is still noticing a technical issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can gather information on and report these types of issues.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: