finishing Tumblebugs

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:finishing Tumblebugs

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Apr 11, 09 9:17 PM
I'm not much help I have been stuck on level 8 for 2 months now. I know the bugs are suposed to be random but you can't win a game without the superbugs and sometimes there are none to be found for several games.

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Apr 12, 09 7:14 AM
After reading the above message I downloaded tumblebugs2, what a difference! I am eternally stuck on level 8 in tumblebugs but finished 2 in about 3 hours. It is very frustrating to play tumblebugs when I know it is not me but the game. Level 8-2 will play several times without ever putting out powerbugs unless it is in the outer circle, where you can't reach without a powerbug. I only got this far on a fluke when I went up level 7 with lots of powerbugs after a month of playing.

When I looked for tips thinking I was missing something I only found ways to corrupt the game, if you have to rewrite the game to win I guess it is not worth while.

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Apr 12, 09 7:14 AM
k

Edited on 04/12/2009 at 7:15:36 AM PST

[Post New]by karenmouton on Aug 6, 09 5:11 AM
I've had tumblebugs for a couple of months now, and have managed to finish it - after many attempts. Its a combination of planning, speed and luck, but I can generally finish it every time I play. Usually within a hair's breadth of losing all my lives... I usually build up to about 15 lives during the game, and usually finish with only 1 or 2 to spare! Tumblebugs 2 on the other hand is far less challenging, I fiinished the entire game the first time I tried,with plenty of lives to spare. I much prefer the original!

[Post New]by AuntPru on Aug 16, 09 7:22 PM
I'm also stuck on level 8. I rarely get to level 8-3 without being on the last life, and it seems impossible to get any type of power-ups once I'm there. Does anybody have any clues or suggestions? it there a problem with this game?

kathb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by kathb on Nov 11, 09 3:37 PM
If you can get as far as level 10-4 "What is .. the mowtrix" you're more or less guaranteed to gain lives in that round - so gain as many as you can without actually winning the round, and keep on replaying the round until you have, say, 25 or 30 lives, which should be plenty to finish the game.

[Post New]by slsalter on Mar 14, 10 2:52 PM
So, I'm about to QUIT!! This game is sooooooo frustrating - Level 8 is impossible!!!!! I know of you have done it, but I don't have TIME to play this game all day and usually just play when I have ten minutes of down time. It SUCKS!

Stuck on level 8!

[Post New]by CardinalnNight on Mar 19, 10 1:49 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on how to get past level 8, specifically 8-3 in Tumblebugs! This is incredibly frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by slsalter on Mar 29, 10 3:43 PM
It's not worth it. I'm moving on.

[Post New]by qcgrl6 on Jun 18, 10 11:19 AM
i have had this game for about 5 years and i still cant get passed level 8-3. omg. i get all these lives from starting at the beginning and i lose them on level 8-3... but im gonna keep playing it till im done!! i boughtb tumblebugs 2, but i dont like it as much as the first.

t1mb0
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by t1mb0 on Aug 25, 10 9:37 PM
well, i can now get past the first four levels of Level 8... but am stuck on the second last level, "The Great Switcheroo".. two launch-pads... it's impossible! and it doesn't help that i invariably have one life left by the time i get there...

might have to resort to cheating.. on a kids game, oh the shame!!

[Post New]by chimpers on Sep 13, 10 11:59 AM
Oh...Im am so relieved to see that it isnt me on level 8-2. I am obsessed with beating this game and have been unsuccessful for over 3 months on this level. I may try Tumblebugs 2 just to feel that I have accomplished something.

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Mar 10, 11 12:41 PM
After years of playing this game I can get to level 11 but the steps in level 11 are all hard with the exception of 3. I once made it to 6 but that was a long time ago. I don't understand why they make a game that is impossible, nobody I have ever heard of has accually finished this game

cipy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by cipy on Mar 21, 11 2:22 AM
IT, S A MAGNIFIC GAME !
I FINISH THIS GAME A FEW TIMES
IT,S WONDERFULL

[Post New]by brattycakes on Jun 22, 11 10:39 PM
Level 8-6 sucks. I have had as many as 3 lives when I started it and I still cannot beat it. Then the stupid game takes me all the way back to level 8-1. ARGH!!

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Jan 10, 12 6:42 PM
I have been on level 12 for months, I have never finished this game in 3 years, but I have noticed that the special bugs are sometimes completely missing from some games, not sure if this is a bug or not, the few times they have popped out at a regular rate I can finish a level, but the next day back to the same low or no drop, or lots of drops and no bugs the right color. I downloaded the game on a new laptop and was very supprised to get rapidly up to level 11 where I was once again stuck with a few levels not producing the helping bugs. I think previously I had spent a year on level 7. I have tumblebugs II and have gone through both levels of it several times so I really don't understand why this one is giving me so much trouble. one of the things I found out the hard way and most of you might already know this is if you go back to lower levels and build up lives you can skip back up to level 8 or 12 and do it with additional lives.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jan 22, 12 1:03 PM
i beat it several times any questions?I'll try to answer thanks

[Post New]by phutiane on Apr 18, 12 10:02 AM
I gave myself 50 lives but still could not get passed 8-6, it really really such. One big thing I hate about this game is that it is a virus, you play it once, you fall in love with it right away and ultimately other things of live that matter most and require lot of focus and attention get stuck because of this irritating game.

I am not sure how many times I ate ashes whilst cooking because of this frustrating game!!!

Is the a way to cheat the balls so that the helping ones are just too many?

Anyone with knowledge of this?

Heeeellllllp!

[Post New]by Peepsie54 on Dec 9, 12 7:33 PM
I just started playing Tumblebugs today. Had a few little problems with the last in on level 7. Got through and getting ready to start 8 but you guys are scaring me with how hard it is. Well we will see how I do. I will let you know!

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 7:34:14 PM PST

[Post New]by joycegiles on Jun 1, 13 2:13 AM
ark161 wrote:i beat it several times any questions?I'll try to answer thanks

how do you get past level three??????? about to get to me and i paid for this????
thanks

Go to: