april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Ending

[Post New]by april445 on Nov 20, 09 1:54 PM
Once again a great game with a not so great ending. The ending was just a set up for a sequel. So tired of this new trend. There can be a satisfying ending and a set up for a sequel, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Please programmers stop this trend!!!!!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

Re:Ending

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 21, 09 10:04 PM
I would have been a lot happier if Nicole would have taken just one more step. What would happen next would be just as good a sequel set-up but would have been a more satisfying ending for the current game.

Other than that, I enjoyed this game very much and will play it again. Artogon makes good IHOGs with challenging but not too frustrating search scenes, lovely graphics, pleasant music, good story line.

I had a couple of little gripes about the Mayan and African scenes. The medicine man for the Mayans looked like Northern American Plains tribe, not even remotely Mayan looking. In the African scene, the music was Native American and several of the artifacts were Pacific Northwestern Native American. Maybe this is because it is a time travel game and things have been moved around in time and place. Not a big gripe.

Overall, I was very happy with this game and would definitely recommend it.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Nov 23, 09 10:24 AM
I agree with all you said firekat7 it is a really fun game to play. I found myself playing when I should have been taking care of other things. I think because it was such a great game the ending really did disappoint. What if her father's hand had come through the void and he said "Come and see what I found Nicole"?

[Post New]by geema6 on Nov 26, 09 11:46 AM
What a disappointing ending. Thinking I had clicked something that took me back to the main window I hit play again and was surprised to see the game was starting all over again. Sorry I bought the game.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Nov 26, 09 6:21 PM
geema6 wrote:What a disappointing ending. Thinking I had clicked something that took me back to the main window I hit play again and was surprised to see the game was starting all over again. Sorry I bought the game.

Try the Cherry Blossom Murders, It has a great ending.
Welcome to the pond geema6, I'm a geema2

yehazekel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by yehazekel on Nov 26, 09 7:55 PM
thx for the recommendation april- i love the portal i want the sequel but i didnt like the ending so much-the game was good enough ill get the sequel though

Go to: