Secrets

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Secrets

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 4, 16 6:03 AM
Where are the Secrets? I found 1 one each Level 1 and 2.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Secrets

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 4, 16 8:40 AM
Little hidden treasures in each level, usually buried in trees which you have to cut down or behind boulders.

karystar
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by karystar on Jan 4, 16 8:42 AM
I have also found them in the dirt - so scan the dirt areas carefully

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Jan 4, 16 9:15 AM
There is only one secret on level 1, but where is the second one on level 2? I have found the one buried by the overturned boat, but for the life of me cannot find the other one. Any help please?

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jan 4, 16 10:22 AM
sandell14 wrote:There is only one secret on level 1, but where is the second one on level 2? I have found the one buried by the overturned boat, but for the life of me cannot find the other one. Any help please?

It's behind one of the trees near the tent, you have to cut down the trees nearest the tent to find it.

[Post New]by crisarm on Jan 4, 16 11:20 AM
I think "the secrets" were a very interesting addition to "Roads of Rome", but also they are a headache. I was able of finding all of them in the first 5 levels, but in the sixth I am stuck. Can anyone help with the whereabouts of the secrets in level 6? Thank you

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Jan 4, 16 1:31 PM
Ah thank you Spirit! I've got it now. I agree Crisarm, I find it difficult enough to complete the level before nightfall without having to cut down every tree and smash every rock!!

[Post New]by Shannonlemmo on Jan 4, 16 5:04 PM
I have found it to be easier to complete the level before nightfall to get a hang of it, then go back and do it again to find the secrets. Once you find the secrets, then do it all together to get the gold rim.

[Post New]by Shannonlemmo on Jan 4, 16 5:13 PM
I am stuck on level 5 and 6 for finding the secrets. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Adrastea_Lyrae on Jan 4, 16 5:49 PM
I too feel kind of torn about these secrets - it does give you something to do on the one hand, roaming your mouse around to look for a "?" popping up while your workers are busy building something or whatever, since you can't queue up more tasks for them instead. Plus, at least you actually get something potentially useful for finding them. On the other hand, you end up having to waste a lot of time cutting down random trees to see if something's hidden behind them, and it's hard enough on Normal to beat the timer without spending time going after these things (even if you know where they are, sometimes you just don't have the time to cut down the trees and then go get it!). Not to mention that before I found one, I had no idea what they meant by a secret, and I kept expecting the tutorial to point one out as an example (but nope, at least not so far...). At least now I know not to bother hunting in any area of the screen that my workers can't actually reach...

Shannonlemmo, I haven't gotten the secrets in L6 get but I did just find the ones in 5; one is in the back of the destroyed houses (you can only rebuild two of them, and the third "ruin" is where the secret is); that's the easy one. The hard one is hidden by trees next to the sawmill, you have to cut 2 or 3 down until you find it.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jan 5, 16 12:15 AM
Stuck finding the secrets on level 1.3

Found 1 - small rock near pig pen but where is second one?

[Post New]by Shannonlemmo on Jan 5, 16 4:28 AM
Thank you for the tip, Adrastea_Lyrae. Happy gaming!!! Also, the second secret in 1.3 is by the cave over on the right where some overturned columns are located.

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 4:29:37 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 5, 16 6:52 AM
If you play the game in relaxed mode first, you can take as long as you like to find the secrets without having to worry about the time running out.

I'm half way through the 4th map and so far I've found some that are just bumps in the ground, some that look like campfires, some hidden in the cracks in the rocks, some that actually are rocks and some that are behind trees. And I've not found all of them! But I will replay the game until I've found every one

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jan 5, 16 5:57 PM
Level 6 - I have found the one in the NW in the ruins; I have not been able to find the second one.

Found the second one! It is to the left of the cart next to the workers' tent in the dirt.

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 10:07:57 PM PST

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Jan 6, 16 9:16 AM
angelfish106 wrote:If you play the game in relaxed mode first, you can take as long as you like to find the secrets without having to worry about the time running out.

Thanks for that suggestion--I was kind of going crazy thinking I was going to have to replay every single level several times trying to find everything, so I didn't even think of that! Then I can replay for time, which makes it more fun.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jan 6, 16 11:45 AM
Level 13 - found 2 out 3. I think I have scanned every part on the untimed mode but still cannot find the third one. Anyone successful yet?

cj_h
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cj_h on Jan 8, 16 12:19 PM
Level 13: found 1st secret left of the pineapples (brown rock) and 2nd secret in the middle in front of the rock (looks like a hammer). Can't find no 3 either.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Jan 8, 16 1:09 PM
@cj_h
You're missing the one a little up and to the right of the pineapples. There's a small dirt mound housing the third secret. Good luck and have fun!

cj_h
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cj_h on Jan 9, 16 3:05 PM
Thanks so much Marebito!

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on Jan 11, 16 12:37 PM
What in the world is level 13? Each area or episode has ten levels. It's really hard to follow these hints if you don't label them correctly. If I gad to guess, I would guess you mean episode 2, level 3. Correct? I don't have an answer for you because I'm still trying to find the secrets myself. However, if someone should know what you mean and gives the answer, it's really hard for anyone else to benefit from the answer if he/she can't tell to what level you're referring.

If you could clarify what the correct episode and level is, that would be great. Thanks so much.

Go to: