[Post New]by karenkirchner on Jan 4, 16 6:49 AM
how do you stop the constant tutorials?

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:love these games...but this one keeps telling us what to do next

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 4, 16 9:37 AM
I couldn't find a way to stop them - but they did eventually go away on their own and only popped up when there was something new to tell.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 4, 16 11:35 AM
Well, all of us now know where our Chatty Cathy dolls went, they grew up and went to work for this developer. LOL I love the game, playing relaxed, just wish I could shut them up. Even on mute the stupid banners are in your face.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 4, 16 1:23 PM
No way to turn them off. All you can do is click quick to get rid of them.

Strange how the Dev's missed this one.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 4, 16 3:30 PM
If they tell you what to do, people complain. If they don't tell you what to do, people complain.

Sometimes a developer just can't win. And this developer is one of the good ones - very thorough as they want everyone to be able to play the game.

The tutuorials stop after a few levels and then only happen again when something new is introduced.

For those who are familiar with Roads of Road gameplay, yes, this can be mildly annoying, especially playing in expert mode.

I do think it's a good thing for newcomers and those unfamiliar with the game, though.

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 3:39:13 PM PST

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jan 4, 16 4:28 PM
I haven't found them horribly invasive but I click as soon as they pop up, sometimes to my own ruin, I think. But then again, I like a bit of a challenge. lol

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 5, 16 11:38 PM
A "skip tutorial" option would have been nice though, especially if you're trying to replay for gold or the dumb secrets thing. Just sayin'.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 7, 16 4:59 PM
kgustavson wrote:A "skip tutorial" option would have been nice though, especially if you're trying to replay for gold or the dumb secrets thing. Just sayin'.

I totally agree on that point. But alas, this developer has never done so. And this whole hidden secret thing is a holdover from their Adelantado series.

I didn't enjoy searching thru or whacking down a bunch of bushes in that one, either.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 8, 16 1:02 PM
Hespera wrote:
kgustavson wrote:A "skip tutorial" option would have been nice though, especially if you're trying to replay for gold or the dumb secrets thing. Just sayin'.

I totally agree on that point. But alas, this developer has never done so. And this whole hidden secret thing is a holdover from their Adelantado series.

I didn't enjoy searching thru or whacking down a bunch of bushes in that one, either.

LOL I too got tired of whacking bushes and quit looking for secrets thus enjoy Adelantado constantly. Now the developer has given us a new good one in which I will not be looking under rocks and bushes for secrets. Love the graphics in new R2R even better than Adelantado.

Go to: