stratacatQ
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Click ahead functionality?

[Post New]by stratacatQ on Jan 4, 16 7:47 PM
Does anyone know if selecting a mode other than 'Normal' will allow you to have 'click ahead' for your workers? I cannot recall if the other RoR games had this or not. Would be awesome if Relaxed, Easy or Hard allowed this. Or I'm just very impatient once I know the next tasks....lol

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Click ahead functionality?

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jan 4, 16 8:59 PM
Easy mode does not have it, and like you, I get impatient. I wish the game offered chaining. Perhaps it will as you gain more workers.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 5, 16 3:56 AM
Yes..as you add more workers, like from the tavern you can click ahead. With just the 3 or 4 workers from the house, it's a bit faster but not by much.

If it's only 1 or 2 workers you are using, you might as well order a pizza between tasks. No query and it takes forever to assign tasks.

[Post New]by fishhead2005 on Jan 5, 16 8:49 AM
Agreed this is trying my patience not being able to click ahead. Also I enjoyed building my buildings where I wanted them. This tutorial is annoying. But all in all it's a TM game so I'm happy!

KimApollo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by KimApollo on Jan 6, 16 7:49 PM
mkastor, thanks for the laugh. Does the speed of building ever get faster? I keep telling the guys to hurry up to no avail.

[Post New]by Adrastea_Lyrae on Jan 7, 16 7:29 AM
So far I haven't seen any "click-ahead" or task queueing or multi-click (or whatever given developers want to call this function) and I don't think any mode in this game has it, to be honest.

For one thing, the previous Roads of Rome games didn't have it either, though given that this game is all "New Generation" and stuff I was really hoping that they'd introduce it. But a lot of the basic mechanics of this game haven't really changed much from the prior ones, so I guess I'm not too surprised (though disappointed) that this was one big basic change that they didn't want to take the time and effort necessary to make it work.

For another thing, I can tell you that neither Easy nor Normal has multi-clicking, and I can't see why Relaxed or Hard would if they don't. Relaxed doesn't really need it since the whole point is speeding up task assignment, and as for Hard... well, every time I've ever seen a TM game that offers multi-clicking or not as different game modes, one of the modes is actually called "Multi-click" or whatever, not just "Hard." Plus, multi-clicking would, well, make it easier, which seems kind of against the whole point of Hard mode...

So yeah, I think we're all just plain out of luck as far as multi-click for this game is concerned. But, I did want to mention to KimApollo: There is actually a way to make your workers build faster eventually! You get access to a building called a Smithy, which churns out Hammer power-ups, as well as a Cobbler who churns out Boots, and these tend to wear off right before another one pops out, so you can have a nearly-continuous bonus to your workers' running and building speeds. So watch for that Smithy and build it quick when you get the chance!

Go to: