Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Access violations!!!!

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Nov 20, 09 7:44 PM
I bought the game today, not knowing that you could play it all the way thru without the timer kicking you out >wink< . I should have saved my money. I was just starting a new level - don't ask me which because I'm too fried about not being able to play to remember where I was - anyway - the little box said

Access violation at address 0055B930 in module ;'dxrender.dll'. Read of address 00000014.

I rebooted my computer and got the same result with a little difference in the numbers - 005AA8B3 and 0000000.

I will be contacting customer service in the morning cause it's too late tonight.

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Access violations!!!!

[Post New]by BK3009 on Nov 21, 09 2:59 AM
I am getting exactly the same problem!!

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Nov 21, 09 7:45 AM
Have just downloaded the trial version of the new Nancy Drew game and the microsoft update which came with it seems to have cured the problem with Luxor

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Nov 21, 09 12:53 PM
I don't ordinarily purchase large file games - especially Nancy Drew...but I'm gonna waste a game credit to see if it will get Luxor to work...thanks for the hint!

bradleyx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bradleyx on Nov 27, 09 1:37 PM
Big Fish Games recommends two things when you get "Access Violation" errors - update your DirectX and update your video driver.

After I had this problem, I did both. The DirectX update didn't help, but when I updated my video driver, I had no more problems.

Error Message

[Post New]by _playmisty4me on Nov 27, 09 5:48 PM
I just finished the "MATCH 2" round and got an error message:

Error\Game\FX\Find Pairs.ani
Error occured in RtlRaiseStatus [, line0]
Can someone help me or help me find a fix? The game is stuck

Go to: