PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Apr 5, 18 2:26 PM
I am trying to open my game and I keep getting an error message about connecting to the server. Is MC having issues right now?

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Apr 5, 18 2:29 PM
Me too!!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 5, 18 2:40 PM
Hello PetraN54 and cora1012,

Thank you for reporting the "Unable to Connect" message that PC players of Midnight Castle may be seeing right now. I wanted to let players know that this has been surfaced to the appropriate teams and that I have made an announcement regarding this issue below:

An Important Announcement Regarding an "Unable to Connect" Message on PC - April 5, 2018

As soon as we receive further details about this issue, a moderator will be certain to update the announcement above. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know this has happened, and I hope we're able to resolve this soon so players can continue to enjoy the Spring Event. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 2:41:13 PM PST

[Post New]by CanadianBea on Apr 5, 18 2:53 PM
PetraN54 wrote:I am trying to open my game and I keep getting an error message about connecting to the server. Is MC having issues right now?

same problem still for me too

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Apr 5, 18 3:12 PM
Same connection problem here. Have ran every troubleshooter I can think of. Downloaded and played a different game so I am positive it isn't on my side. Shut down the pc, restarted. Cleared cache and cookies, etc.

wendylark
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Is the Midnight Castle Server down?

[Post New]by wendylark on Apr 5, 18 3:33 PM
I can easily connect to internet, but when I start MC I get a message "Unable to Connect to Server" - I have
1. Quit, retried (same message comes up),
2. Quit, retried (same message comes up),
3. Rebooted, tried again - same message comes up -

Done the above several times - still cannot connect to server - any advice please appreciated.

[Post New]by Ella1493 on Apr 5, 18 3:47 PM
can't connect to server

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 5, 18 4:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for reporting that connection issue PC players were experiencing. I just heard information that our teams think they've found and resolved the issue. To this end, I've updated our announcement below:

An Important Announcement Regarding an "Unable to Connect" Message on PC - April 5, 2018

If you see a connectivity issue now, please see if closing the game and restarting it might work. After that, the following suggestions may be able to help:

Connection issues

If you are still seeing a connectivity issue after trying some of the above suggestions, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what you are experiencing. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience while this was looked into. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Apr 6, 18 8:02 AM
Not a reply and too many pages to go through, but my game occasiionally has the background music stuck, like a broken record. It has happened in all the areas of play. It does stop if I exit and re-enter the game, but it becomes annoying while in a HOS. Is anyone else having this issue?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 6, 18 9:32 AM
Can't connect again today on my games... started having this problem about 10 minutes into the third gifting time slot...

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 6, 18 9:35 AM
Hello pmwright610,

I'm sorry there's been trouble with Midnight Castle's sound. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't affect your game's progress, but I'd also recommend writing down its Friend Code before uninstalling it.

If this suggestion doesn't work, email our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your time and patience. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. It'll be our please to help.

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 6, 18 9:40 AM
Hello gohill,

It sounds like there's been trouble connecting to Midnight Castle. The teams behind the game were able to resolve the connection issue from yesterday; the announcement below contains more information:

I want you to be able to play Midnight Castle again, so I'd recommend trying the suggestions in the help article below:

Connection issues

Please email our Midnight Castle Support Team if those steps don't resolve the issue. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Apr 6, 18 10:39 AM
I have been trying to finish the challenge to ger 7 nuts.. I have gotten 3 and lost at least 10 that did not count. I have stopped the game , restarted the computer. Also I can't move on because any nuts I get they are not counted

What is the problem?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 6, 18 12:08 PM
Hello Quinielamass,

I'm sorry the the nuts you've collected aren't counting towards this challenge. Please email our Midnight Castle Support Team. They're equipped with tools that will allow them to investigate this matter in depth. Thanks for your patience and understanding, too.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by a12stepgal on Apr 11, 18 12:34 PM
This isnt a reply, as much as it is a question....I can get my game to load, but I never have friend requests, and I cant remember the last time there was a tournament..are those related to internet issues?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 11, 18 4:49 PM
Hello a12stepgal,

Those are definitely interesting questions, and I'd be happy to help as best I can. For the second question about tournaments, there were some concerns and issues that made it so that we needed to remove this feature from the game while those were investigated. For further information, please see our announcement here:

An Announcement Regarding Midnight Castle Tournaments- December 1, 2016

If we hear further information regarding that investigation from those teams, we'll be sure to update our players.

As for the first question about friend requests, that's definitely interesting and I'm unsure why there haven't been friend requests. I can say that if there isn't a strong connection, it may interfere with receiving friend requests. However, it could also be that there just haven't been any in some time. It appears that you've recently made a request in our PC Friend Codes thread, so it may be possible that some will arrive soon in the Friend's List. Thank you for bringing this up though, I'm going to bring it to the right teams, just in case.

Thank you for those questions, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Myfishydog
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Myfishydog on Apr 11, 18 7:09 PM
Is anyone else having the can't connect to server message tonight?
It is 10:08 EDT in Florida. It could just be me....

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 12, 18 3:38 PM
Hello Myfishydog,

I'm sorry to hear there sounds like there was a connectivity issue for a small while. I hope that you've been able to reconnect in the meantime. If not, there may be some suggestions that can help on our help pages:

Connection issues

If those suggested troubleshooting steps don't seem to help, or aren't able to get your game reconnected, please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what you're experiencing. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to request further information to assist them with troubleshooting further.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by ptdreamersnewid on Apr 15, 18 2:35 PM
I have not been able to get on my game since April 9th. When I try to load it, it stops at 95% and goes no further. Any suggestions?. ID 725702. I am back at level 84 after my game suddenly erased all my progress and started me at level one with the same ID. Support got me back to level 82 and gave me back some of my missing items and I have been working on getting back to level 84 and the Spring challenge. Felt good that I was nearly back to where I had been, then this happens. Sigh!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 16, 18 1:57 PM
Hello ptdreamersnewid,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. What I want to recommend is seeing if some troubleshooting for connection issues can help with getting the rest of the game to load.

If you are on a wireless network and have the ability to do so, sitting with the device closer to the wireless access point can help with connectivity issues in some instances.

The router itself may need to be moved away from walls or other obstructions, or even placed higher if sending a wireless signal. It could also help to ensure that the router is not near large electrical appliances like stereos, televisions, and microwaves.

If you are able to and haven't already, using a wired connection for a PC could help with any connection issues. It may also help to close background apps or programs that are also using bandwidth.

If those steps don't seem to help with this loading issue, or if you've already tried those, I want to recommend writing down the Friend Code you have listed here and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. For further assistance with how to do this, please see our helpful article below:

Uninstalling & reinstalling (Computer)

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game on a computer may help in this specific circumstance, but if this doesn't assist, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what has occurred and what steps have been taken as well as what order they were taken in while troubleshooting this issue. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience and I'm sorry that this has occurred. I hope those suggestions can help in this case. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: