how do i delete saved games from the save list

[Post New]by mike5450 on Jan 5, 16 7:56 AM
I can not save my game due to a full save list. Because of this I cannot continue the game. How can I delete older saved games??

how do i delete saved games from the save list

[Post New]by sadie70 on May 26, 16 11:24 AM
mike5450 wrote:I can not save my game due to a full save list. Because of this I cannot continue the game. How can I delete older saved games??

Re:how do i delete saved games from the save list

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 18, 16 10:27 AM
Depending on your operating system, saved games are stored in a normal folder in My Documents which can be located using windows explorer. You can literally delete the save game files as they are not part of the game set up - but you need to be quite careful as they are numbered from 000 to 099 and this is what the game expects to find when you click on 'load'. You must have used up all 100 saved game slots to be in this situation but it is quite straightforward to rectify.

What you don't want to do is mess up the numbering system as the game could get confused if the saved games are not sequential. So I suggest you first make a back-up copy of the saved games folder. Then you could delete all the saved games in the official folder and then replace them with your last save in your back up folder (number 099) but you need to change the numbers to '000' by renaming it - leaving just that single file in the original saved games folder. When you restart the game and click on the 'load' button, you will find just that one saved game there and hopefully it will start where you left off last time you played.Then you will have another 99 slots to continue to use until you finish the game.

Hope that works for you.

Go to: