Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Tips we've learned along the way

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 5, 16 10:00 AM
Hi there!
As our forum is growing, purdyenough and I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread with the tips we've learned through the levels and updates. We ask that you add one tip per post for easy reference, and feel free to post as often as you would like.

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Tips we've learned along the way

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 5, 16 10:03 AM
Delete requests from the board if the request is not worth the reward. It's better to wait for a new request than give up a great item for next to nothing.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 10:11 AM
Blue print boxes for storage upgrade are plenty. I can buy 10 at a time some times.the villagers usually want gold items. Learn what villager wants for each kind of box and only fill the ones you need. There blue print boxes. Rope boxes and tool boxes.

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 10:32:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 10:12 AM
Plant things over and over again to up Xp points and sell excess in store.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 10:14 AM
Have one slot open in store to check if the board requests are the same as you would get in store. Sometimes it's not worth it.

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 5, 16 10:16 AM
Fill the hot air balloons with all of the easy stuff (1 hour or less items) even if you have no intention of sending off the balloon, your XP will rack up fast!

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 10:20 AM
When trying to gather coins for something you want, do only the store. Unless the board is worth it. Do the things and sell in bulk. Like 3-5 of the same thing. More coins and more space in store. It's kind of boring not doing other things while waiting but when you get your tree or machine, it is worth it.

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 5, 16 10:24 AM
Sell orange juice. 140 coins for 10- they are my quickest money maker.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 10:26 AM
Villagers requests can be good or not so good. Weigh the amount and value of something first. Ask can I make more in my store with items than giving something to the villagers that you will need. Apple juice and stew are easy to get from others stores if you can't make them at the time. Be thoughtful as you fill order.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 5, 16 10:31 AM
Hi everyone,

What a great idea, I'm so glad this was started! It's such a nice way to share tips and tricks with other players.

Something I've learned is that if you're in need of Experience Points (XP,) charge your wizard towers with magic as often as you can. This allows the wizards to plant the magic plants where XP is issued when they've grown and are collected. I will often charge my towers and have plants all over, and then spend time collecting them and increasing my XP. If you don't really need XP, they're still pretty decorations!

bfgGlithui

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 10:32:05 AM PST

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 5, 16 10:45 AM
Before I ask for help on a machine I make sure all of my slots are filled with as many time consuming items as possible. I often do this right before bed, when I wake up I now have 3 or 4 books or whatever to start my day with.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 12:11 PM
When making an item that has more than one or two ingredients, have some of those in your storage and/ or buy some from a friends store. It cuts the time of making it. Many are from multiple machines also. It will free up the machines for other things you need to make.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 5, 16 1:33 PM
I buy in bulk when I know I may need more than one of something. Salad, strews and even other things the ballons may want. If I need the coins I just sell the extra I have.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 1:41 PM
The flowers and mushrooms can be left alone until most of you space is covered. Then harvest all at one time and get 3-4,000 experience points all at once.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 1:42 PM
The evil witch and plants can't set up shop if all your space is occupied by flowers, mushrooms, and/or decotations.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 1:47 PM
If you are trying to earn all the challenge cups, it is best to sell only one or two items at a time in each of your baskets. You get credit per sale, not by item. Working this way I am only 300 sales away from the final cup level.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 2:12 PM
If get get a HELP request, go help! This game is built on mutual aid. The more you help, the more likely you will be helped in return.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 2:14 PM
An easy way to met new players is to click on their icon if they beat you to helping someone, and when you are importing items. You have the chance to click the icon when panda returns, telling where he got the goods.

Aperica
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Aperica on Jan 5, 16 2:35 PM
Milk and logs are the best items to import, for the time/cost benefits.

They are base units of many of the items.

If you are working towards the award cup, import only 1 at a time.

Overnight, import 10 if you can afford it.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 6, 16 5:53 AM
I am at level 88 and almost level 89. The storage upgrade gets worse as you go. I now need 29 of each. Remember they count as storage items. So I sell left overs of unneeded boxes to fee up space. You can get them when needed from other players. My storage is almost at 700. It also brings people to your store.I sometimes buy them from other players just to put them in my store. People may come for the box and buy something else.

Go to: