bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 22, 09 2:53 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Re:Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual comments and reviews

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Nov 22, 09 4:38 AM
I tried this game on another site and would have already bought it except the voices kept cutting out. I will probably go ahead and buy it here and hope it doesn't do the same thing. If it does, maybe CS can help. What I played of it I liked and thought it had a good storyline. I only played a little bit of it but it seemed like it would be a good adventure type game.

You can find a demo of this game on another site.

Edited on 11/22/2009 at 5:24:32 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Nov 22, 09 7:18 AM
Lol, I went to another site, which will remain nameless, and downloaded a demo. Unfortunately for me, I'm pretty sure the game was in Polish, which wasn't a great help. Strangely enough, though, the spoken word was English. Looks like an interesting game, w/o 360, which is a for me. Wish, wish, wish, would provide a demo, it would be so much easier to love and buy it then. W/O a demo, I feel like I'm buying a pig in a poke.

Will wait for high-level reviewers to chime in before I'll consider buying.

PhConn
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by PhConn on Nov 22, 09 8:51 AM
Have played this game before ....my son had bought it ...great game
good story line.!!! the only thing I didnt like was all the dialogue.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 22, 09 8:56 AM
I demoed this one at the loser site, and I got stuck, lol. But I liked the storyline and decided I would buy it if it came out on here. Need a walkthrough for bits, and, as many of you know, I hate fumblling around, wandering around, clicking here and there and going nowhere. I am off to download this one now, and have hopes for finally getting through a large file game, lol.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 22, 09 10:41 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I demoed this one at the loser site, and I got stuck, lol. But I liked the storyline and decided I would buy it if it came out on here. Need a walkthrough for bits, and, as many of you know, I hate fumblling around, wandering around, clicking here and there and going nowhere. I am off to download this one now, and have hopes for finally getting through a large file game, lol.

We have a walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games, which includes screenshots, so it should hopefully help if you do get stuck.

To get to the walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck--I enjoyed the game a lot.

Robin

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 22, 09 1:38 PM
any hints to the demo site?

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 22, 09 9:30 PM
wow lol no answer since I asked over 5 hours ago........tells me it is a no go!

Off subject to BF benefit. had an issue with [IW] tonight and said their games may be good but their customer service SUCKS to be blunt and crude. They will lose my monthly payment. May not be a lot but they all add up. Just a little venting lol.. I will stay where the customer service, price and loyalty count. [IW] IS OUT. But honestly, I have had great experiences with both BIG FISH and [GH]. As a regular consumer, I should be able to mention them. I tell [GH] when BF is better too! but [IW] SUCKS. good for demos on largefile and that is it!

Edited on 02/03/2010 at 3:25:02 PM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 23, 09 12:29 AM
I tried a demo elsewhere too, and the sound kept cutting out. So, how do I know it won't happen on the BFG game? I liked what I saw of this game too........................
I can't update the drivers on my laptop; however hard I tell BF this they stkill keep telling me to update them:-((
Belamba

TeresaRollen wrote:I tried this game on another site and would have already bought it except the voices kept cutting out. I will probably go ahead and buy it here and hope it doesn't do the same thing. If it does, maybe CS can help. What I played of it I liked and thought it had a good storyline. I only played a little bit of it but it seemed like it would be a good adventure type game.

You can find a demo of this game on another site.

ibpatti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ibpatti on Nov 23, 09 9:43 AM
I'm in the back of the gallery and cannot find a switchbox. Any help???

altomedea
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by altomedea on Nov 24, 09 9:10 AM
you need to get a ray of light to the back of the warehouse & follow it

altomedea
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by altomedea on Nov 24, 09 9:26 AM
as for the game I loved it. Had to refer to the walkthrough on a couple of occasions to prevent brain meltdown and thought the rather sudden ending was a bit lame but hey.... I was transfixed by the story line and reluctantly saved the game and went to bed at 4 am on the first night I had it!

[Post New]by smfreyer on Nov 24, 09 10:40 PM
Does this game have lots of puzzles in it or is it just finding objects and using them. I love puzzles, but most games I try don't have many.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 25, 09 4:47 PM
smfreyer wrote:Does this game have lots of puzzles in it or is it just finding objects and using them. I love puzzles, but most games I try don't have many.

It has a few puzzles, but not very many. Most of the tasks are inventory-object related, like "I need something to pry this window open with, what can I use?" I think this one is a good game, but it's not really puzzle-oriented.

If you like numerical puzzles, you might try Safecracker--it's nothing but one puzzle after another!

Robin

[Post New]by pucksgirl40 on Nov 28, 09 6:56 PM
I am in the gallery and have the ray of light, but cannot access the box or the switch. it is just the ray of light shinning on the wall at what could be a switch box but i cannot make it out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by pucksgirl40 on Nov 28, 09 7:02 PM
Ps...I bought the game and love it. BF offers a great walkthrough and it provides great mysteries to solve.

If this you like mysteries you will love this game.

[Post New]by grannyg_ma on Dec 1, 09 4:30 AM
This game didn't have the try before you buy so I bought it . I REALLY wish I hadn't
I play and buy alot of games,but this one is too much like work. The dialog is off kind of like watching a old godzilla movie.Overall I don't like this game! and if I would have had a chance to have a trial run first I WOULDN"t have bought it

Edited on 12/01/2009 at 4:32:08 AM PST

SaPTIC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by SaPTIC on Dec 5, 09 8:50 AM
Loved this game till the endings.

The story is nice and not the usual thing, quite an interesting storyline. The game has a few loose ends though and could have been much better if all served a purpose. The whole part with the pier and the parrot doesn't seem to be of any use to the story line and only serves the purpose to get you to do things in the appropriate order. Would've been so much better if you had to get onto the pier and had to make a boat trip. Overall the game have you expect some gameplay which is never to come. The characters also look a bit clumsy when talking and keep moving a bit awkward. Guess it needed some more moves to make it stunning.

There are not many puzzles and the game is mostly done with the inventory, combining and using items. Everything works fine here and there nothing that leaves you puzzled.

There's lots to read and talk and to discover. Just take your time to see and read it all instead of rushing toward the end of the game. You'll miss a lot of the surroundings and it's beauty if you don't take your time. F.i. the little cat in the street that's playing.

Some will like the fact this isn't a 360 game. No need to worry about getting motion sick

graphics:
level of puzzles: (pretty easy)
gameplay:
length of the game:

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Dec 15, 09 5:25 AM
just bought it i love 3d person view, (i can't play 360 view they make me ) good graphic, i've read some review and i think i'll like it since the end. thank you bigfish for this one!!

[Post New]by creekvue on Dec 15, 09 5:32 AM
I need some help!! I have cut the wire and returned the pliers to the table. But when I left click on the cut wire, and then on the disembled rose and then to the fishing net, nothing happens. It won't let me repair the fishing net. What am I doing wrong?? I can't go on until I get this net fixed. HELP!!

Go to: