Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Would you be willing to pay money for a finished game?

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Jan 6, 16 7:00 AM
So, I was just posting in the thank you thread and got to thinking about this. I thought it might be nice if developers could see the replies to this thread because I think they might be surprised.

Now, the question is... Would you be willing to pay money for a finished version of this game? By finished, I mean maybe one more island with new locations, all the collection items obtainable from normal means (locations or mobs... I'm looking at you water rune), and possibly even a quest to fix the plane and get off the island.

Another nice addition would be to allow gifting of non-collector items such as the plates, skulls, bat teeth, etc. It seems to me that a lot of players say that they would happily spend money to see this game finished so I was hoping we could gather up some good will for the developers here.

So what say you all? Would you be willing to spend money for a finished version of the game as I've described here?

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Re:Would you be willing to pay money for a finished game?

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Jan 6, 16 7:03 AM
For the record, as I've stated elsewhere, I definitely would be willing to spend money for a finished game.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jan 6, 16 7:23 AM
I'd give them the price of a regular game.

amt3
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by amt3 on Jan 6, 16 7:36 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!! Many of us have stated that. I started a thread on Christmas.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 6, 16 8:58 AM
I would certainly pay yes. In fact I sent an email to BF and to Elephant to ask if they would consider this, over Christmas. Not heard anything back, maybe it will take some thought . I sincerely hope we can buy this game.

njbluejay
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by njbluejay on Jan 6, 16 10:22 AM
I sincerely doubt offering to pay a game price, or any price, will result in an ending to Found. Many Awakening Kingdoms enthusiasts also tried a pay for a conclusion to the abandoned game. What we did get from the developer was an explanation of how they were planning to end the game. The decision to end Found was probably made well over a year ago when they stopped upgrading the game. Sad, if money were an issue I wish they would have made that known. I was a BF club member and thought my monthly payment also used to offset the costs of free games.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Jan 6, 16 10:51 AM
Yes, I would pay

afdish
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by afdish on Jan 6, 16 11:08 AM
Most definitely!

[Post New]by MissCuddleFish on Jan 6, 16 12:24 PM
Yes I would ... count me in !

bdp23ted
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by bdp23ted on Jan 6, 16 1:01 PM
Yes!!! TED23 #243224

[Post New]by Night_Player_zz on Jan 6, 16 3:46 PM
There was another thread regarding this not too long ago. Also I had contacted one of the moderators and (s)he said this option would be passed along to the decision makers. But, yes, I would pay for a continuation of this game. I find it fun to have new features and challenges being added. So much different from the games that are completed and then released with no adding on over time.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Jan 6, 16 4:26 PM
Yes I would pay for a finished version of the game......I would have no problems that way!!

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by coral_sea on Jan 6, 16 5:04 PM
I would love a continuing game. I don't ever want it to be finished. I would be willing to pay for each new island that was issued. Each island is a game in itself and the best part is that it all connects to the other islands. They would get money that way for sure. You know, they charged so much for diamonds and coins that people just gave up on that idea. There were also so many glitches and problems when people used the bank. I wish, I wish they would continue to develop it.

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Jan 6, 16 11:04 PM
I would most definitely pay for either a continuing game or a game with an ending.

And I'm a stingy person!

[Post New]by luckylu5752 on Jan 7, 16 10:01 AM
I would buy Found, if they added seasonal rooms like the Santa's room for Spring and Halloween, especially Halloween! But, I would be skeptical of paying for Found since there have been so many game glitches over the years. Otherwise, I think it's a great idea!

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Jan 7, 16 11:13 AM
I have always thought Found was one of the best their is, but to pay to get them to update is out the Question for me. As I and many others have already spent out the Boocoos on this game already, there shouldn't be any need to do so. But everybody do for themselves if that is what you want to do. I highly doubt that will ever happen anyway but stranger things have happened. M.O.A.T.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Jan 7, 16 2:06 PM
I have played enough already to not care about giving more money. "Where 1000 went, 100 can go to"

I do agree with what cbtx is saying about Elephant Games but I will add Big Fish to that. I do not believe that a developer can do that for years and that the selling company can't do nothing. If we want to blame someone, we should blame both.

Even so, I'm still paying because I love this game more than I hate glitches and ...

[Post New]by Night_Player_zz on Jan 7, 16 3:33 PM
luckylu5752 wrote:I would buy Found, if they added seasonal rooms like the Santa's room for Spring and Halloween, especially Halloween! But, I would be skeptical of paying for Found since there have been so many game glitches over the years. Otherwise, I think it's a great idea!

I love the idea of seasonal houses! Let us put it on our Christmas wish list and be good all year...lol. Lots of great ideas come from the fans/players, but not sure if the devs incorporate them into games they do develop. Of course, now that the Christmas event has been toned down, it compares more equitably to the Spring and Halloween events.

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Jan 7, 16 4:54 PM
AlexRaluca wrote:I have played enough already to not care about giving more money. "Where 1000 went, 100 can go to"

I do agree with what cbtx is saying about Elephant Games but I will add Big Fish to that. I do not believe that a developer can do that for years and that the selling company can't do nothing. If we want to blame someone, we should blame both.

Even so, I'm still paying because I love this game more than I hate glitches and ...

I will agree with you Alex. There are other games (no names mentioned) that have lost support that were not by the same Developers (no names mentioned). These were all FTP games.

olbirdy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by olbirdy on Jan 10, 16 11:45 PM
yes ,would love to pay for the end of the game .Still my favorite game, have been playing it for about 3 years now.

Go to: