Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 7, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/07/2016 at 9:04:01 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 9:03 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Jan 7, 16 10:02 AM
I think i'm going silly! Why do I think that I have played this game before?

I don't think I did a beta on it, as I usually keep those, and cant find anything in 'my games'

Maybe you can save this ole woman from going nuts!

Sorry I may have posted this in the wrong place, but I do have a fuddled head

Sunflower3668

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 5:48 PM
Hi Sunflower3668,

I wanted to stop by and address your question about this game. Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition was released as Tomorrow's Game Today on January 8, 2016, and until now hasn't been available for purchase. However, if you were part of the beta test, there is a possibility that you may have tried the game already.

If you haven't done so yet, taking a look at the free trial for the game is a great way to see if it's familiar. This is a quick way to see if parts of it are recognizable without having to get the full game.

If you have questions relating to games you may have tried or beta tested, please feel free to PM one of the moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Jan 8, 16 6:04 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Sunflower3668,

I wanted to stop by and address your question about this game. Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition was released as Tomorrow's Game Today on January 8, 2016, and until now hasn't been available for purchase. However, if you were part of the beta test, there is a possibility that you may have tried the game already.

If you haven't done so yet, taking a look at the free trial for the game is a great way to see if it's familiar. This is a quick way to see if parts of it are recognizable without having to get the full game.

If you have questions relating to games you may have tried or beta tested, please feel free to PM one of the moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Thank you answering my message. I did play the trail yesterday, and yes I remembered everything about it.

When I beta a game, I always keep them, until the game is released, just to remind myself. Maybe I did but cannot find any reference to it on my computer. So I must have played in my dreams LOL. Thats scary.

Any thank you for your help.

Kind regards
RoseMary

[Post New]by MirandaJane on Jan 8, 16 6:54 AM
The HOP where you get pieces of a puzzle in the ship freezes with the final piece of the puzzles refusing to move from the section below up into the jumbled picture section that you then have to rearrange to make the picture of fish swimming.
I have downloaded the game three separate times.

[Post New]by midtownmemphis on Jan 9, 16 5:35 AM
The game never activated. It took so long that my trial time expired. This is the second game which has done this.

gyanda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gyanda on Jan 9, 16 8:12 AM
I am so frustrated, sorry.. the game has a part, where you have to rotate a disc... 5 times clockwise, 3 times counterclockwise and 7 times clockwise and you can keep doing this for years and it won't work... on the Eipix-FB-Site more people already are complaining - why do you release a game for the weekend, when one cannot really play it in the weekend as one has to wait till Monday, when EIPIX will react...*grumpf*

gyanda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gyanda on Jan 9, 16 8:27 AM
the last digit has to be the ONE not the seven, they count from the 3 and not from the begin!!! - this is the solution - first dial 5 clockwise - then counterclockwise 3 and then keep on going till the ONE - after the middle not before... this should work!

Bobbie0905
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Bobbie0905 on Jan 9, 16 8:45 AM
I am in the retrieve the lotus petals but I can not pick anything up the curser moves around but I can not ick up either the petals or the sundial I have unloaded the game and reloaded the game twice but no results

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 9, 16 2:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing problems in the game. When technical issues occur, we recommend taking a look at our help articles. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article, which can help in a wide range of situations, including these:

midtownmemphis, I'm sorry that the game didn't activate on your computer. In this situation, it may be the case that there is software on the computer that is preventing it from activating. The following help article has more information on this sort of issue, as well as steps that can be taken to get a game activated:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If anyone is still experiencing a problem with the game, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any one of our Reps would be happy to help, and has the tools to gather information on and report these kinds of problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Sharon2899 on Jan 9, 16 3:11 PM
Never mind, I restarted the game and it worked,
Can someone please tell me why the smilies arent doing anything...im at the beginning of the game where smilies are on suitcase... i saw the smilies at end of answering phone, i did the order they were to go...i have new comp-pc windows 10...please help... ive pulled my hair out , now Im half bald, lol...kidding...but not about the smilies

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 3:20:12 PM PST

[Post New]by bridgemaven on Jan 9, 16 3:30 PM
After trying a couple of times to create a map, could not use the skip button.
Anyone else having this problem?

bhewett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bhewett on Jan 10, 16 7:33 PM
Sharon2899 I have the same problem! The game isn't too promising when I'm stuck on the first thing I tried to do.I have the smiley faces exactly as shown in the message and in the strategy guide and it doesn't work.

hobbied1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hobbied1 on Jan 11, 16 8:31 AM
played the entire game with no technical issues & really enjoyed it. However, when I go to souvenir room, I can get all of them except the scroll on the deck of the ship. that scene opens at the top of the mast & I cannot find a spot to go down to the deck. all the down spots trigger the return to the souvenir room rather than down to the deck. very disappointing not to be able to get the achievement for all collectibles when I know what I need to do but the game won't do it!

otherwise, very enjoyable game with beautiful graphics.

spbykatie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spbykatie on Jan 12, 16 5:06 AM
I played the entire game, being very careful to get all achievements. After playing half of the bonus game I shut it down to go to bed. When I got back to the menu screen it asked me to type in my profile name. My profile and all of my achievement are gone. When I go back in to play the bonus game it tells me I can't play it until I play the main game. I want to finish and do all of the bonus achievements, but I'm afraid it will happen again.

Re: Bonus Game error...

[Post New]by janjh_ on Jan 12, 16 1:52 PM
I am having the same BONUS GAME problem as SPBYKATIE...:Left the bonus game and when I returned it asked for my name again and it started the main game over again...I really would like to play the bonus game...

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 13, 16 9:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues people are seeing in the game. I'm sorry to hear that technical problems have been coming up. Not to worry, the following help article has steps that can help with a wide range of situations, including these:

For anyone experiencing an issue with the game restarting progress, the following help article has more information on steps that can be taken to prevent it from happening:

Game Not Saving

If technical issues are still occurring, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. All of our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools to gather information on and report these sorts of problems.

bfgPanthalassa

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Jan 14, 16 1:28 PM
My PC has a AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-core Processor at 2.30 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Am running Trend Micro Maximum Security System
Internet Service Provider: Century Link DSL
using a "Qwest Model PK5000Z Router"

Platform: Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the HO on the scaffolding at the Riverbank in Seville.

I managed to find the morphing item and get a couple of interactive pieces done but cannot finish since there isn't anything Listed for me to find! Never had that happen before on any of the other Hidden Expedition games...

Thank you for your assistance and time taken on resolving this issue!

BJ Minnich
01/14/2016 at 1:27 PM PST

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 1:28:33 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 15, 16 11:33 AM
Hi scorpio42,

I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with the game not moving past the scaffolding. I suggest looking at the following help article, which has steps that can help when a game isn't moving forward correctly, or isn't showing the items to find:

If this problem is still occurring, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: