davidnp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Windows 7 and Yard Sale (Both)

[Post New]by davidnp on Nov 22, 09 5:49 PM
Any update on when they will fix the version check to be able to play under the latest OS from MS?

It's been officially released for a month now.

As others have stated, it really makes no sense for this type of version check any more. And because of how they launch through BFG, we can't use compatibility mode either.

I know I never saw any official reply to this query when still in beta and RC... But, now there is no excuse.

Thank you.

korin12c
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Windows 7 and Yard Sale (Both)

[Post New]by korin12c on Dec 5, 09 10:42 AM
Ugh! I know.

This problem should have been addressed by now. I can't play these games on my new laptop.

Come on BigFish.

sneuwhite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sneuwhite on Jan 28, 10 4:18 PM
I'm going to ask for refunds for both Yard Sale games since neither of them will work under Windows 7. It's been MONTHS now, and no fix.

[Post New]by dottyj on Feb 27, 10 10:20 AM
Big Fish, are you going to refund for these games? It's very frustrating not being able to play games that have been paid for but can't be accessed because of newer technology! Are you going to respond to this problem?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,060 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 16, 10 11:35 AM
i just posted to CS via the and reminded them that this is still an issue...

don't know where that will get me, but know that you have an advocate in this and i will post any answers that i receive - those that are not posted by BFG themselves...

i really miss my games and seeing them in my game manager just makes me mad, but i'd hate to uninstall them if a fix can be made to get around this...

and today i did an uninstall/reinstall, but the game's the same and so is the problem...

until an answer comes along...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,060 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 17, 10 4:48 PM
the final word from BFG from one CS staff member to me... the news:

I see that you are on a Windows 7 computer. When Windows 7 came out, we did very extensive testing of all our games on that system to make sure that they would work. There did end up being a short list of games that were just not compatible.

personally i would love to see a NEW game in the style of the yard sale games - lots of quirky characters and fun stuff to do! so i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for each new offering that pops up!

[Post New]by jodeealuvsBFish on Nov 1, 10 9:56 PM
I think this is ridiculous! Why cannot they fix it? I just got a new laptop with windows 7 and I love the Yardsale games so now I cannot play them? Bigfish isn't going to do anything about it?

[Post New]by 6554ljr on Nov 22, 10 5:30 PM
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I have both and windows 7 and am not able to play. REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,633 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Nov 22, 10 5:37 PM
6554ljr,

You need to contact customer support via the green envelope on the right or live chat if you are a game club member.

JodeealuvsBFish,

Big Fish has no control over what developers will or will not rework the game to be compatible with Windows 7. I too am highly disappointed as I love this series.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 27, 10 11:00 AM
Incompatible with Win-7 - No Buy...

[Post New]by nsharon on Nov 27, 10 12:28 PM
wish ihad known this BEFORE i bought it. Can't they at least post a warning on the games that don't work on Win 7?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 27, 10 2:19 PM
Would be nice too if they posted which go full WIDESCREEN. My new W7 17" laptop displays only 7 games so far of over 200 bought games in wide option. Making that 8 now, discovered by accident on this sale that The Adventures of Mary Ann is wide screen, I say accident because it isn't even my genre but buying it just because it displays so beautiful. Actually, I'm having fun with too on the demo.

I have res 9000x600. Sherlock Baskersville and Phan of Opera, Flux2 to name some display wide screen but WHY NOT MCF 13th SKULL?? BF IS the dev on this one.

I never bought either yard sale due to tiny objects on 15" monitor, now that I got a bigger one was going to but thanks, not now.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 2:21:05 PM PST

[Post New]by moniquechomarat on Dec 17, 10 2:15 AM
dottyj wrote:Big Fish, are you going to refund for these games? It's very frustrating not being able to play games that have been paid for but can't be accessed because of newer technology! Are you going to respond to this problem?

jediliz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jediliz on Jan 11, 11 11:08 AM
wish I had seen this BEFORE I wasted a game club credit on this game! I already downloaded it and tried to play it and it popped up with a must have at least Windows98SE or better.....I also have Windows 7.

[Post New]by HvilleGrammy on Feb 5, 11 6:09 PM
System Requirements:
CPU: 800 Mhz
RAM: 256 MB
DirectX: 8.1
Hard Drive: 72 MB

I copied the above from the games requirements...it specifically lists Windows 7 but yet the game will not work! Grrr....my daughter is so not happy!

[Post New]by Sunnygirl571 on Feb 25, 11 2:18 PM
I see you all have been having this problem for months. Well, I just bought both Yard Sales this week - there was nothing posted about them NOT working with Windows 7, and now I can't play the games. How frustrating. I sure wish Big Fish had posted that they wouldn't work with Windows 7. Grrrr..

I am on the phone with them right now... I will let you all know what I hear...

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 2:18:59 PM PST

Go to: