Who Wants to Be a Guru?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Who Wants to Be a Guru?

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 16 6:42 PM
Here's all the things you can guru (earn trophies by playing each thing 101 times):

Cities - 26
Countries - 9

AES Collectibles - 21
Museum mini games - 31

Shop mini games:
Dinhammer Alley - 48
Breezy Bay - 36
Pawpaw Grove - 60

Special shop minis
Thanksgiving - 3
Christmas - 3
Valentine - 2

Grand total - 239

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:Who Wants to Be a Guru?

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 7, 16 7:28 PM
Count me out. Too anal for me. I like to have fun.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Jan 7, 16 8:56 PM
From May-November, had all cities to Guru, just playing for fun and not really trying to get to Guru. Have a few random things to Guru, the same way.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 7, 16 10:02 PM
It's just a game. Meant to be fun (not irritation like Botanical or the Ranger). But each and every player has their own goals and strategy. That's what makes this game GREAT!

Cheers

silverslicker
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by silverslicker on Jan 8, 16 9:38 AM
I have quite a few at Guru level and I am at level 79.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 8, 16 12:59 PM
Guru is slowly sneaking up on me. I have just started building the museum and already have I E I at 25/50 just chasing shovels and screwdrivers. Next item will be drills, screws and steel bars in Antartctica, Argentina, Canada, etc.

I'm following Blue's advice and building the warehouse first

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 1:08 PM
Lord help us I think all of us will be Guru in the new countries whether we like it or not. I was Guru in the Flower shop and with my floating turtle windup ...lol...

GOBSTOPPERS
Minnow
Minnow
296 Posts

[Post New]by GOBSTOPPERS on Jan 8, 16 4:59 PM
mpendo.... you know I do so love your answers... and I fully agree..its just a game..have fun... hope your holiday was grand...!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 9, 16 9:15 AM
My parents are avid nature lovers and hikers...looking at leaves, identifying birds etc, and good for them! When I retired I thought I'd like to do the same as a hobby BUT since trying to guru the shops in PawPaw Grove...I think I'll stick to NASCAR!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 9, 16 3:46 PM
Ok, I confess, I am GURUed in all the countries (just to earn building supplies for AES and GOLD). But slightly less in cities (that is because I buy at Auction and only play cities for hard-to-get or marketable items for resell). Generally I don't even attempt to GURU the MG.

But, like GCG, the Park and Botanical I don't go there unless quest driven. And Blue, I could dissect and resemble a turtle and a dog in record time.

Cheers

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 9, 16 6:08 PM
mpendo wrote:Ok, I confess, I am GURUed in all the countries (just to earn building supplies for AES and GOLD). But slightly less in cities (that is because I buy at Auction and only play cities for hard-to-get or marketable items for resell). Generally I don't even attempt to GURU the MG.

But, like GCG, the Park and Botanical I don't go there unless quest driven. And Blue, I could dissect and resemble a turtle and a dog in record time.

Cheers

Hmm.. is that a challenge I smell. Will we need to bring out the stop watch and do a little contest??

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 9, 16 6:19 PM
LMAO CH. I will concede that Blue may have me beat on the Turtle. But I'm very fast on the dog and the robot (my early coin makers) amongst others.

Cheers

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 10, 16 6:30 AM
It's ON!!!! 12.5 seconds if I recall.......I'll call the Guiness people and inform them so we can have it recorded properly for the world....LOL....

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 10, 16 7:52 AM
Re: Speed up the turtle assembly

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 20, 15 9:46 AM

anyway 12.5 is the fastest I did it with the skip and focused! usually "focused" is 15 seconds.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 7:53:22 AM PST

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Jan 10, 16 11:18 AM
mpendo wrote:LMAO CH. I will concede that Blue may have me beat on the Turtle. But I'm very fast on the dog and the robot (my early coin makers) amongst others.

Cheers

You know, I hate that dog, probably just because of the fact that they dare call it a cat!

Marnie4444
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Marnie4444 on Jan 11, 16 9:42 AM
I didn't time myself but I can do 1a in the Art studio really fast. Every time I needed more food I would do a keep sake and head to the studio.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Who Wants to Be a Guru?

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 11, 16 9:23 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Here's all the things you can guru (earn trophies by playing each thing 101 times):

Cities - 26
Countries - 9

AES Collectibles - 21
Museum mini games - 31

Shop mini games:
Dinhammer Alley - 48
Breezy Bay - 36
Pawpaw Grove - 60

Special shop minis
Thanksgiving - 3
Christmas - 3
Valentine - 2

Grand total - 239

If the game was going to continue, I'd probably Guru all the mini-games (except those with 3 stages).. I actually like most of them.. The Fish Pictures, Bird and Art Studio are my favorites, but just can't find the motivation for doing them now..

And since they've left so many other achievements unattainable, finishing everything isn't an option.. so I'm ok with leaving the Guru-ing to the truly devoted..

I'm still impressed with your progress and dedication. Don't know how you do it..

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 27, 16 2:23 PM
I have finally gurued all mini-games in the AES Museum complex and bought all customizations. Until Pirate's Day asks for me to choose the pirate theme, I am leaving all the buildings in the dinosaur motif considering them ANCIENT history! HaHa!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 3, 16 7:01 PM
I'm still working on the minis in the AES Museum area.

I've gurued the blueprints and the chess pieces. My goal is to get the others to the professional level before the Valentine Day event starts. Have 4 more zodiacs and the door crest to do.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 3, 16 7:07 PM
Hope you make your goal TSue...that door crest was murder on me because the pieces are very small and hard to keep the arrow on them to click and drag accurately!

Go to: