bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Hot Spot Glitches

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 23, 09 4:07 AM
I am having a hard time with Hot Spots. In some cases I had to click multiple times to finally activate the HSes. The two worst spots were:

The loading dock where you need to clip a coat hanger. I could not activate the HS that allows you to play the HOG that gives you the coat hanger. I had to quit and replay the scene 3 times before that spot finally activated and I was able to move on.

The Bus. I am stuck there now. I cannot activate the HS on the seat with the jacket and thus cannot get the gum and move on. I contacted CS and surprisingly received instructions from them late Saturday night! Wow! I thought I'd have to wait until Monday. I was given detailed instructions on a fix for this. When I played, the game started over and did not used the saved game so I had to play all the way to the bus again. This time the hanger HS worked fine which made me hopeful. When I got to the bus, however, the Hot Spot with the gum still will not activate no matter what I do.

I guess i am through playing. I got so close to the end too. I really did enjoy this game and hope that maybe at some point a fix will be offered for it.

BTW, I am playing with a PC and Vista SP2.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Hot Spot Glitches

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 23, 09 9:43 AM
Glad it is not just me. but sorry for you others also, (that realy sounded bad, I mean th glad bit.) But it is annoying not sure if it is just me or a glitch, some times I manage when I go out then go back in but I have done every thing but no way I can get that D*****m door to open followed all intruction to the "T" the wire will not work I have cut straightened got the tape and button but it will not work UG

lineck

valerie12
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by valerie12 on Nov 23, 09 2:42 PM
Everything worked fine for me except I had to back track because I forgot
some items. I went to the Northside Mall Loading Bay because I needed the
light blub and I know I did click on it in clicking on the items it did not put it in
my inventory Now i cannot get it I have been all over the screen trying and it
just won't work so it must be a glitch and tech needs to take care of the
problem.
valerie12

[Post New]by kerrikowal on Nov 25, 09 11:31 PM
I cannot get the gum/jacket hotspot on the bus, either. And now I am going to hesitate to call to get the fix, because I do not want to go all the way through the game again for a fix that didn't work for you!

[Post New]by kushlady on Dec 7, 09 3:28 AM
Me too! I am near the end of the game. I cannot get the hotspot to come up in the subway tunnel. I can get the bench, where it tells me I can not lossen the bolt by hand, but can't get the inventory to get the wrench, etc.

I also agree, this one was too easy, the only challenge was getting around the glitches.

reilyjoe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reilyjoe on Dec 14, 09 1:19 PM
I'm almost to the end also, and can't figure out how to get the bench up with no tool. No hot spot pops up to allow me to look for a tool. Am I missing something?

Never mind. Found a rubber mat below the subway car. Use it to get the wrench out of the subway.

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 2:00:31 PM PST

[Post New]by cookiechu2 on Dec 14, 09 8:49 PM
I, too, have the bus glitch. I'm wondering as well - call - then start over - phooey! I have gotten through a lot of games without glitches, but recently have encountered more than I'd like. Too bad - easy game, but sometimes those hit the spot - but not the hot spot this time.

[Post New]by dwest191 on Dec 18, 09 3:21 PM
Has anyone been able to get the hot spot #2 to open in the sewers? I get the first one, but the second one just will not open up!

[Post New]by hastings43 on Dec 18, 09 4:10 PM
I can't get the wire to hook up to the pullies. I've tried everything but they just won't take. any ideas?

Go to: