robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Using the Pliers: Correction to the Blog Walkthrough

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 23, 09 7:43 AM
The current version of the game seems to be slightly different than when I wrote the Blog Walkthrough, which is a couple of months ago. The use of the pliers has been simplified.

Now just talk to Mr. Kawlata and ask him if you can use the pliers. He will say yes, but put them back when you are done.

Collect the pliers. It appears that the wire will either cut automatically or you can then left click the pliers onto the wire while the wire is still in your inventory and it will cut. In either case, you don't need to put the wire on the bench in the current version.

Now right-click on the watering can in your inventory to zoom in on it.
Left-click on the "rose," the part at the end of the watering can with the holes in it, and it will immediately disassemble as a separate part.

Left-click on the wires in your inventory and then left-click on the rose, and they will combine.

Left-click on the wires-plus-rose and then left-click on the "leaky ladle" (fishing net) in your inventory, and they will combine.

To put the pliers back on the workbench, just position them so the text label at the top of the screen says pliers + table and click there.

Sorry for any confusion--the Blog Walkthrough was updated on November 24 to correct this section.

Robin

Edited on 11/24/2009 at 6:56:02 PM PST

Re:Using the Pliers: Correction to the Blog Walkthrough

[Post New]by sueangel99 on Nov 23, 09 11:29 PM
i have tried to put the wire on the work bench and use the pliers but nothing happens the wire wont click on the table

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 23, 09 11:47 PM
sueangel99 wrote:i have tried to put the wire on the work bench and use the pliers but nothing happens the wire wont click on the table

That's correct. Please read my note above yours. Don't try to put the wire on the table. Just collect the pliers. Then left-click the pliers in your inventory and left-click them onto the wire in your nventory and the wire will cut into pieces so you can use it.

Sorry for the confusion, this was a slight change in the gameplay from the time I first wrote the walkthrough.

Robin

[Post New]by sueangel99 on Nov 24, 09 6:53 PM
i tried that too and it still doesn't work

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 24, 09 6:55 PM
sueangel99 wrote:i tried that too and it still doesn't work

Have you completed the conversation with Mr. Kawlata so that you've asked him if you can use the pliers and he says yes, but put them back afterwards? You can't use them until he says OK.

Robin

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Nov 28, 09 8:37 PM
The pliers thing worked fine for me, but this right clicking on the rose business isn't working at all.

Right now I have cut wire, a "holey" ladel, a watering can with no "holey thing" on the end of it, and the flat "holey thing" that came apart from the watering can.

None of these things will do anything with the other. I have tried to do exactly as you have said, and I get nothing.

I have also tried every other possible combination of these items - nothing.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Watering can

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Dec 11, 09 4:58 AM
I can not find the watering can. Please help! Thanks in advance.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Watering can

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 11, 09 6:32 PM
rlk0045 wrote:I can not find the watering can. Please help! Thanks in advance.

It's in the flowers by the fountain in the courtyard. That's behind the bench where you talked to the old man.

It's also near the shop where you talk to Mr. Kawlata.

Robin

Go to: