Questions about the Bonus Chapter Ending - ALERT: Spoilers ahead!

[Post New]by Tr1n1ty85 on Jan 8, 16 11:14 PM
Warning! Spoilers ahead! If you have not played this game yet, please discontinue reading this discussion!

I'm a long-time member of the Big Fish Game Club and I have over 35 games from BF that I love. And I love this game - my favorite Sable Maze game yet. I finished the game in the collector's edition and was hoping the bonus chapter was Aaron finding a way back to save his brother, or Darren finding his way out... or something. I was disappointed that the bonus chapter started with Darren as a kid again. ( I realize BF is not responsible for what the game developers do.) But wanting to play all the way to the end and hoping for a better game ending, I played on and became increasingly confused by the story line. The bonus chapter follows the story line that the druid relays to Aaron in the main story right up to the part where Darren meets the druid. But rather than the druid "teaching him everything he knows" the druid has Darren finds the prophecy. Then Darren goes to the tree of life, which he clearly knows is how he gets home, and takes the apple that Alister wants so badly and throws it to the druid. Then... some confusing cut scenes. The druid disappears? Alister is...detroyed? Darren changes from a boy to the cloaked stranger. Then something about Aaron seeing Darren, or Darren seeing Aaron, at the campsite/ memorial site from the beginning of the main game, with someone saying, "Is that my brother? You're not supposed to be here!" (My apologies if this isn't quoted correctly.)
So here's the question: what did the last few scenes of the game mean? It came across in the Bonus Chapter like Darren destroyed Alister (and presumably the maze?) and freed the druid with the apple and the tree of life, after the druid instructed him to take the apple to the tree to beat Alister. So Darren was also freed from the maze? But then that would make the whole main story non-existent if Aaron never lost his brother.
I'm one of those people who is big on endings - the story should end clearly and good for the good guys. Was Darren lost to the maze even though it was destroyed when Alister was? If so, what was the purpose of the entire bonus chapter? And what was the purpose of the scene where Darren and Aaron see each other as adults in the real world, back where Aaron started his journey to look for his brother? I don't mean to be abrasive, I just want to understand what the end of this game means.

Thanks.
Big Fish Lover Tr1n1ty85

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Questions about the Bonus Chapter Ending - ALERT: Spoilers ahead!

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jan 10, 16 3:58 AM
My word, you've got a good game memory writing all that. Like you, I like things to be logical and have all loose ends tied but I think we might as well try to make sense of Stewie Griffin's adventures in time travel. I think they went for "what's going to make a good scene" rather than "what's going to make a logical ending".

[Post New]by Tr1n1ty85 on Jan 22, 16 6:50 PM
@Meganthedog - Thanks for the input. =) I think you're probably right but I was in denial and hoping I just missed something. Ah well, it was and is still worth playing.

Thanks again!

Magda640
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Magda640 on Feb 2, 16 8:25 PM
Thank you for your comments. I thought I missed something in the bonus game because sometimes I forget things and I'm easily distracted....oooh, shiny! Well, maybe I'm just dense. The bonus certainly confused me. I used most of my patience trying to get the rune- solving designs correct!

[Post New]by cardinalandgold on Jun 24, 16 1:02 PM
I was in puzzles of bonus chapter and it crashed; froze. I can't get out or move.
Scene has ended up as screen saver! I uninstalled game, can't find it to reinstall.
It messed up my adobe flash player, but I finally got that resolved. I've looked all
through your help pages and get no help.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 24, 16 1:42 PM
cardinalandgold wrote:I was in puzzles of bonus chapter and it crashed; froze. I can't get out or move.
Scene has ended up as screen saver! I uninstalled game, can't find it to reinstall.
It messed up my adobe flash player, but I finally got that resolved. I've looked all
through your help pages and get no help.

Yikes! Sounds like that was a mess.Glad you got your other computer issues fixed!

Sometimes the easiest way to find your games is to go to your purchase history on this website. If you are logged in, you should see cardinalandgold's Account at the top center of the page in the top blue bar. Click on that and wait for the page to load.

Then look at that top bar again and you should see an arrow drop down next to cardinalandgold's Account and you will see an link for Purchase History. Click on that and wait for your game list to load

You will be able to do either a find on the page or scroll down and find this game and reinstall it from there.

You also can review your Purchase History in the Game Manager, but sometimes I think working from the website is easier. Whatever works best for you.

If you still can't find the game listed in your Purchase History list, you should contact Customer Service and they should be able to help you.

Hope you get your game back soon and can finish smoothly!

Go to: