Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 9, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 9:03:12 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 9, 16 5:45 AM
The music is unpleasant.

The animation is inferior.

The skip on the third map minigame does not work.

For these reasons and general annoyance at the incorrect historical details (not to mention a spy who bellows at the top of her voice that she's a spy), I'm not buying this game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 9, 16 9:03 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jan 9, 16 11:45 AM
I gave this a good 12 minutes, Too many puzzle pieces per scene, which just looked like random shapes, (It's only because I click on anything that looks out of place that I found out!)
No realistic action...unconvincing plot...don't care about the characters or outcome...not for me guys...
1/2 out of 5 for..um..colours

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jan 9, 16 11:57 PM
Yesterday I reviewed Hidden Expedition: Fountain of Youth, heaping high praise on it. My, how quickly things can change in a day!

Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past is a hot mess. Like Hidden Expedition: Fountain of Youth, there is much to do while "Changing the Past." The similarity ends there.

If you get a kick out of left clicking with your mouse, you'll love this game. And, your "hit rate" will be high: I realized early on that everywhere and every time I clicked I either collected a figurine or a puzzle piece or I found inventory objects or ignited several fires which came blazing out of roofs. Just click and something happens.
There's a VERY complex...and incomprehensible…story line to Labyrinths of the Past: In the hour I played I...
a. …encountered a gossipy maid, Mrs. Watson?, who dislikes...
b. ...her employer's very chipper, yet wheelchair-confined, fiancé who is allegedly FAKING A FATAL ILLNESS (and I thought that only happened on Law and Order SVU)...
c. ...causing my friend, Peter, the master of the Mansion, to search the world over for a cure for Debby's Downer of a Disease, even though he has suddenly become evil...a result of donning a mask, according to the protagonist (gamer) which also causes fire to come out of Peter's fingertips at will...after which I...
d. ...extracted a thorn from a dog's paw, for which the pooch rewarded me with a batard of freshly baked bread (an incredible achievement, really, as I can't cook a thing when I have a thorn in my foot)...
e. ...bread that was very useful, as I then transported back in time from present-day USA to the ancient Roman Empire (in the time of Magnus Crassus (The Great Fat One) WITH THE BREAD that...
f. ...I gave to a hungry, old, indigent living on the street, who...
g. ...was promptly arrested by the Roman guards when they realized the bread was HOT (I'm telling you, that dog really appreciated me removing the thorn from his paw) and deduced that it had to be stolen because he doesn't have a kitchen...but he does have balls...
h. ...because, in reality, though he is not a baker, he is an accomplished juggler, who offered to distract the Roman guards, thereby facilitating my escape, once I supplied him with two balls, only one of which was blue.

Busy, right?!? And, not just collecting things, but doing things...at home and abroad, today and 2000 years ago. If you like to collect lots of THINGS and expand your inventory, you'll love this game.

I do not.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 12:15:58 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 10, 16 12:22 AM
Not able to finish the demo due to tech issues. Listed them in the Tech Issues thread. The skip button won't work with a series of map puzzles. There are boxes to check on the jump map that will let you see active areas and collectibles. Didn't matter if they were checked...no active areas or collectibles showing.

If you are able to get past the problems...

Another game for the Achievement-driven folks. 41 Achievements...many to do with speed , which counts me out. There is a "time device" game gimmick that has a mini-game attached to it that requires snatching letters out of the air. Again, speed is essential, so I never was able to get even one of them..

Collectibles are 15 statuettes of game characters, 18 "magical artifacts", and 41 puzzle pieces. Puzzle piece over-kill, with 2 or 3 in every scene. When all are collected we get to play...a puzzle?

Haven't a clue what happens when all the artifacts and statuettes are collected...beyond just viewing them.

Also don't know if we get to go back and collect the ones we miss.

Extras include bonus game, strategy guide, replay of 12 mini-games and 19 HOPs. A "personality quiz" can be played before you even start the game. The standard assortment of wallpaper, etc. as well.

Alternate game is Match 3. Re-set on puzzles. Four difficulty levels.

The series of map puzzles showed up pretty early in the game, so I really don't know what to say about the actual game. The mini-games I encountered seemed like "busy-work". HOPs were ok. Graphics ok. Voice-overs ok.

Not too impressed with what I was able to experience. Definitely a "no buy".

Happy gaming to those who are able to play.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 12:27:03 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jan 10, 16 5:13 PM
As always, sfr8rfan generally hits the nail on the head. Not only is the game a "hot mess" there is something I dislike in the game. I did purchase the entire game and although there were some things I really enjoyed about it, the game ends with a cliff hanger and we must play the bonus chapter to really have a conclusion to the game.

IMHO, this is a shabby trick by the game devs to promote sales of the CE version of a game. So be warned, that unless you purchase the CE you will not get the complete story.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 5:13:59 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 11, 16 12:08 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #3 in this series...naturally I have the other two. As always, I review on the game play and not the story, as others do a much better job than I can on that part of it. At first glance, I was a bit disappointed in the colors, but as the game progressed, they seemed to clear up and were quite nice. Graphics were very clear and nice. Game play was quite good, no problems during the demo and the game fit my large screen quite well. The game is fairly quiet, but the voice overs were very good, age and character appropriate. Sound FX were well done and music wasn't bad at all. This game even has time travel, which I do enjoy now and then. You don't get tired of looking at the same scenery throughout the entire game. Warning: if you don't like bright or swirling lights, beware. This game does have it when you do the time travel.

HOPs were done very well, and were a combination of interactive lists, find this to do that, riddles and find the morphing items. If you don't care for HOPs, you can switch to the match 3 game. Even though a couple of the scenes seemed a little messy, they were clean and clear and items were not difficult to find and tasks not difficult to complete. Puzzles were simple, but a couple did take me a little time to complete. SG is the standard, which I only use to make sure I have all of the collectibles. However, this time, I did have to use it. The skip button froze on the last leg of the map puzzle and I was frustrated, so I did cheat and look that one up to complete. The hint system is very helpful. In the beginning, I did a lot of running back and forth and thought maybe there was no transport feature, but it did finally show up...yay! Big time saver. The jump map was okay, but a bit cluttered. It does show you if you missed a collectible, and you can go back to get it later.

Collectibles are many: 18 artifacts, 15 figurines of the characters and 41 puzzles pieces. Not sure what this does for you yet. The collectibles are not hard to find, but they also do not jump off the page at you. You will find them in various places, so be on the lookout.

I do like this series. You are constantly on the move, and the story line was interesting enough to make me want to keep playing and see what happens. I think this one will appeal to all levels of players. There is enough challenge just finding the collectibles, to make this one CE worthy. Yes, I am going to add this one to my collection when they fix the skip button. It has to work on all parts of a game, or no buy.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by Peachy_500 on Jan 11, 16 3:35 PM
I would love to give a review of this game but I can't because I can't get past the volcano road puzzle and the skip button which doesn't work. I am on my iMAC and the quality of colors and it looks like someone put a ton of work on this game. I would recommend this game IF they fix the skip button. I bought the game and I really hope they have are working on fixing this problem. The only other complaint is these puzzle games where you pick up puzzle pieces one right after another is BORING. Redundant!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 12, 16 6:53 AM
Based on completed game and bonus chapter

I did not experience any technical problems.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game and was very happy to have played it. The game, I think, gets off to a little bit of an awkward start. There are a lot of collectibles all over the house, the puzzles and HOPs are really, really easy. I was bracing myself to be disappointed, but then we travel and things start to change.

One of the things I love about Domini is that they seem to not take themselves too seriously and their games are just supposed to be fun. You travel to 4 worlds with labels like you should know them. You travel to the Renaissance ... but on some other planet! Floating islands? Medieval times with real dryads and dragons? It's not trying to be real. It's just trying to be playful. Each land has its own sort of color scheme and so if you don't like one, another is coming. I enjoy the silliness that Domini brings to the table.

Clarification: The main game does have an appropriate ending! There is no cliffhanger. I will say the ending is abrupt - no team hugs at the end. But the goal of the game is accomplished. The bonus chapter takes you to another time to learn why the villain did what they did and work on another mini-adventure.

Challenge? Most of the puzzles and HOPs are on the easier side, but there are indeed some that make you think. As a person that loves a challenge and loves to see new puzzles, I was thrilled to see the 3rd volcanic map puzzle (it just takes a couple minutes to figure out the rules - once you do that it really is simple!) The "eye" puzzle later on in the game was also nice and felt new. Domini even took some familiar puzzles, gave them a slight twist and put them in fun settings (bonus chapter). I loved when the connect the lights puzzle opened and you are staring at a very strange box/room where you have no idea what you are supposed to be doing there for a couple seconds. Lovely eye candy and the hope granted for a compelling puzzle. Even some of the HOPs start to get more creative as you go.

I hope Domini & BFG gets that update out so all the people who want to skip can skip. But I hope the puzzle people (and I know you are out there) give this one a chance and dive in for a fun game. Stay with this one. I think I liked the bonus chapter world best of the 4 worlds. I heartily recommend this game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 12, 16 3:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issue with the skip button people have been seeing. I'm sorry to hear that the button hasn't been working for some. When technical issues like this come up, we suggest taking a look at our help articles. The following help article has steps that can help in a wide range of situations, such as this one:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If anyone is still experiencing a technical issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report this kind of problem.

If anyone notices technical issues in the future, please feel free to post in the following thread. By posting technical problems in this thread, the Forum Moderation Team is able to track trends, and make sure they're reported to the appropriate team:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past CE here

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

bejo95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bejo95 on Jan 12, 16 5:34 PM
Skip button work, what is that ???

Go to: